Could the wait for the perfect tile wand finally be over?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I really would like a good hard surface wand. When I have to do high rises I prefer to use the pressure from my portable to rinse and since it's only 500 psi a hard surface wand works better than the turbo. I agitate every job with a crb or 175 with grit brushes so really just need a rinsing tool. A glided wand works ok but a hard surface tool that will have less overspray would be nice. Also would prefer 2 inch as everything else I use is 2 inch. It's not the end of the world though, i'd just keep a vacattack permanently on it.
They do sell reducing cuffs, 2 inch to 1.5. spin one off and the other one on. I don't know what's so hard about that.

Reactions: roro

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
They do sell reducing cuffs, 2 inch to 1.5. spin one off and the other one on. I don't know what's so hard about that.

Who said it's difficult? If fact I said I would just keep a "vacattack" permanently attached to it just like I do my current hard surface tool. It's just one more thing to keep up with so if I had my preference it would be for a 2 inch.

Why in the world anyone runs 1.5 on any tool I'll never understand. I guess I just can't relate to having small hands. :)

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Who said it's difficult? If fact I said I would just keep a "vacattack" permanently attached to it just like I do my current hard surface tool. It's just one more thing to keep up with so if I had my preference it would be for a 2 inch.

Why in the world anyone runs 1.5 on any tool I'll never understand. I guess I just can't relate to having small hands. :)
Or a small mind.

• Wow
Reactions: hogjowl

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Why in the world anyone runs 1.5 on any tool I'll never understand.

Because Mikee likes it now

it's a "monkey see/monkey do" latest board de jour thing

and there might be an oleTimer or two still slogging a wand and the 1.5 feels better in their arthritic hand

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I go back and forth from 2 inch tools to 1.5. my Zipper, rotovacs, Westpac tools are all 2 inch. My mach 12, stair tools, upholstery tools are all 1.5. on most carpets I prefer 1.5 inch tools. On thicker carpet or shag, (yes we still run into shag once in a while) I prefer 2 inch. There's not really much of a drying difference. Maybe 1/2 an hour. The 1.5 with a short whip is a lot easier to use in tight areas. The larger tools are better in wide open spaces. And yes, I'm getting old. Just turned 60 yesterday and starting to feel it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Flexible 15 ft 2 inch hose with rotating cuff up to my 1 1/2 wand.

My hands get tired using a 2 inch dia wand.

Name
jack zerkie
I go back and forth from 2 inch tools to 1.5. my Zipper, rotovacs, Westpac tools are all 2 inch. My mach 12, stair tools, upholstery tools are all 1.5. on most carpets I prefer 1.5 inch tools. On thicker carpet or shag, (yes we still run into shag once in a while) I prefer 2 inch. There's not really much of a drying difference. Maybe 1/2 an hour. The 1.5 with a short whip is a lot easier to use in tight areas. The larger tools are better in wide open spaces. And yes, I'm getting old. Just turned 60 yesterday and starting to feel it.
Happy Birthday old man Ha Ha dont stop now keep working it will keep you YOUNG. I know enjoy each day and each job if possible then let me know in another 10 yrs.:headbang: jz.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Happy Birthday old man Ha Ha dont stop now keep working it will keep you YOUNG. I know enjoy each day and each job if possible then let me know in another 10 yrs.:headbang: jz.
I'm just a young whipper snapper compared to you. I don't know how you do it Jackie. Hoping I have the energy when I'm your age.

CleanSweep

Name
Jeremy Fehrman
PMF called yesterday, they are sending me a new HS wand to test..

What I like:

12" head
Swivel
Narrow vacuum slot
Vacuum tube not blocked
Killer tufted brush ring
S bend
1.5 tube
Built in M'erica

Concerns:

Confused airflow due to internal jetting
Price

View attachment 91580View attachment 91581
Looks like a wand you can buy on eBay for $220 or less. A similar wand on eBay with 3 exchangeable heads (1 bristled, 1 squeegee and 1 small for counters) goes for $330.

Hope no one pays more than that!

FredC

Village Idiot
To a study showing a correlation between buying cheap tools and being/remaining a brokedick? Not yet but there is plenty of data here.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

CleanSweep

Name
Jeremy Fehrman
Not strictly cheap motivated. Questions to answer: 1. Is it practical? 2. Is utilitarian? 3. Does it produce high quality results? 4. What is the ROI?
Over 20 years, having owned an Aerotech Unit and all the bells and whistles, I am the most profitable ever by using simplicity, and using cross training thinking from other industries. How do these manufacturers get innovations? Usually from other industries & customer feed back.

#1 know your numbers.
[CHARGE=][/CHARGE]

FredC

Village Idiot
Not strictly cheap motivated. Questions to answer: 1. Is it practical? 2. Is utilitarian? 3. Does it produce high quality results? 4. What is the ROI?
Yet your hope no one pays more is based on a similar looking tool on Ebay....or that you can get 3 head instead of one?
What is your experience with that tool? Is it practical? Is utilitarian? Does it produce high quality results? What is the ROI?

Over 20 years, having owned an Aerotech Unit and all the bells and whistles,
Those things are sweet! Pics?

* I don't know what the PMF tile tool would sell for just find the tendency funny....
I do know that the MB Grinder for instance sells at a premium over the standard version that looks very similar.

CleanSweep

Name
Jeremy Fehrman
Over the years I have noticed many manufacturers in our industry charge 2-3x more than can be found in other industries. I am always willing explore options.

This wand is very utilitarian, not sexy like a turbo. Ive owned an old turbo like 2nd generation, so I understand the effectiveness.
The 3 heads saves on space & maintenance (not needing 3 or more tools). Savings? Absolutely! Price is not always the main motivator, just a side benefit.
Yet your hope no one pays more is based on a similar looking tool on Ebay....or that you can get 3 head instead of one?
What is your experience with that tool? Is it practical? Is utilitarian? Does it produce high quality results? What is the ROI?

Those things are sweet! Pics?

* I don't know what the PMF tile tool would sell for just find the tendency funny....
I do know that the MB Grinder for instance sells at a premium over the standard version that looks very similar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom