Cleaning this week

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
What a bunch of negatively thinking people. I think in all this dialogue there might have been one that was somewhat positive feedback. The rest sound like crabs trying to pull down another crap trying to get out of the bucket.
A LOT of you keep telling me that as long as the customer is happy, regardless of how well the service was performed by professional standards, and you get paid, all is well. Ok then. As a businessman, we want to make money, diversify. It takes a risk. If it fails, you get up and try again. You may lose some customers, but how many of us have lost a customer for some other stupid reason. We go out and replace them.

The other thing I've learned over the years wrt to marketing is test test test. If it doesn't work, try something else or tweak it.

The rest is in the approach, the presentation. As long as Brian doesn't pressure sell it, he explains it properly, then instead of turning off customers he may retain more of them. If they become customers in another service he will be front of mind the next time they need cleaning.
You can't go in and sell just anything though. You have to KNOW its going to benefit them, no if, ands, or buts.

AND he HAS TO DO AN ABOVE EXCELLENT JOB AT CLEANING! If you don't show professionalism in your primary reason for being there, you will have lost before you open your mouth. You show your respect for your client by doing your best, going the extra mile, not doing a half assed job. Then you have some credibility with them to inquire if they are interested in other ways you can serve them.

As I keep hearing whenever someone asks, an owner/op busn isn't worth squat to sell. So better have an exit strategy. How many of us base our income on our ability to perform?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Did a very small job today.

I did a very good job on the carpet and they were very happy.

But I didn't pitch them on Energy because it just didn't feel right.

In my follow up email I mention it with a link to www.XoomTX.com so they can check it out.

It was an older couple and again...Just didn't feel right...As nice as they were.

Everyone is different and I could tell they were more or less "set in their ways". A younger person may respond better....Or even know better what was going on.

I think if I would have told them about it, they wouldn't have really understood so much and there is too much room to take advantage. I wasn't going to play that game.

I would bet their kids or someone else set them up with Electricity etc.

So I left if alone.

PS. I also could have sold them everything in the book....But old people have a place in my heart and really I couldn't do that to anyone.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron, by chance are you an Amway "business"?

Yours truly
Da CrAb
i an crAbby too..i had the opportunity to win the pistol match last night
I blew it and finished 3rd behind Top Shot's Chris Cerino and a pro named Andrew

DAMMIT :evil: :evil:

..l.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Can we be serious for a minute?

What do you see wrong with the business model of selling services for a commission AND get commissions on the people you bring into the company?

When I bring anyone into the company they HAVE to go under the lowest person on the downline so no matter what they still benefit from my efforts as well as theirs.....Fair for everyone.

Really, I can see the problem with some people going over the top and forcing this stuff down someone's throat...But I'm not that kinda guy.

Sure I'll mention it here and explain it etc etc etc.

But I wouldn't bother someone to join especially if they said up front they weren't interested.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
I think if I would have told them about it, they wouldn't have really understood so much and there is too much room to take advantage. I wasn't going to play that game.

I would bet their kids or someone else set them up with Electricity etc.

So I left if alone.

PS. I also could have sold them everything in the book....But old people have a place in my heart and really I couldn't do that to anyone.

Lemmee see if I am getting this straight, YOU, Brian Robison, could not sell some customers a product, that you SAY that you believe in, because............... WHY??

How is it that you even mention "taking advantage", doesn't ACN give advantages and not take them?

You didn't care enough about your prospect to do that for them? How do you think that would make them feel, knowing that you passed up the opportunity to SHARE such a beneficial product with them? And if not them, then perhaps they know somebody who could benefit and profit from your organization and products.

Ain'tchoo ever read any ZiG ZiGlar

In Zig's book, ZIGLAR ON SELLING, chapter three titled Finding Someone Willing To Buy, Mr. Ziglar states:

The sales process is something you do for or with the prospect, and not to the prospect.

Surely a dynamic personality like yourself could persuade the customer to see the value and benefit of whateverthehellitis that you offer?

Honestly, Brian, I was this close to signing on, but your lack of enthusiasm and confidence has left me, alas, with no confidence in ACN.

P.S. DId you ask them for a GooGLe review?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Double sigh.

I won't sell anything....good or bad...to someone without their faculties.

I won't sell anything bad to anyone.

By the way, I told you. You're not allowed to sign up with me. I have a problem working with sissy nannies. !gotcha!

2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlv7Bp-L2MM2]

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Double sigh.

You sure sold them that "carpet cleaning" job, didn't cha? hey Marty, blow me

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine where you could be by now if you had focused all your energy on one viable, proven, legitimate business model (like a carpet cleaning service). Can you think of one well respected business person that thinks the MLM schemes are a good idea? Start addressing your ADD today and you still might have a chance at building an impressive business.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ACE said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine where you could be by now if you had focused all your energy on one viable, proven, legitimate business model (like a carpet cleaning service). Can you think of one well respected business person that thinks the MLM schemes are a good idea? Start addressing your ADD today and you still might have a chance at building an impressive business.

lets be serious for a minute...
Brain isn't a carpet cleaner, he's a salesman ..always has been always will be.
he does what salesman do...sell

..L.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Erskine Allin said:
lets be serious for a minute...
Brain isn't a carpet cleaner, he's a salesman ..always has been always will be.
he does what salesman do...sell

At this point he is doing the lowest form of both. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
Brian R said:
Double sigh.

You sure sold them that "carpet cleaning" job, didn't cha? hey Marty, blow me

I didn't sell that to them....They purchased it.....Hell, someone else could have purchased it for them.

No, I didn't sell them any add ons....But nice try ConnOr

Mr. Ace....What makes you so sure that my cleaning companies aren't doing well?

Is Donald Trump a respected business person?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Brian R said:
Mr. Ace....What makes you so sure that my cleaning companies aren't doing well?

Most of the people in MLM are marginalized in some way or another. Glad to hear your cleaning company is doing well (if that’s what you’re saying) You seem to be an intelligent, charismatic guy. I just think you would do better, and have more credibility if you focused on a core business. If you’re really doing that well, than look for passive income sideline investments not mlm business.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think what most don't understand is my passion involves network marketing. High tech meets high touch. I love people and I love helping people.

My companies are doing really well and it frees me up to do other stuff like this.

The very fact that EVERTHING I do in this new venture directly effects me and my entire team/downline drives me to work that much harder and get that much more satisfaction out of it.

It's very hard to get away from the stigma of the MLM because most have only heard about it from the people it didn't work for.....Bad news travels faster than good news.

The ones that have done it first hand....Maybe it didn't work out or they got in with the wrong type of people.....Every business has dirt bags....I know you know what I mean. We have them in our cleaning industry.

But when you find a structure, product/service, comp plan and freedom that fits your way of life....You jump on it....Or at least I did.

I love my companies....I always look around me for something more or else. Just because I love a new challenge.

Life is good.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
All I can say is Brian has helped me with my carpet cleaning business. It has not been a gold mine , but he has exposed me to over 150 new customers last year. So I thank him for it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
John, you have a mind for business. You've tried things just to see if they work or don't work. Much respect for what you've done.

How's that electric TM?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I remember my friend working for a carpet cleaning co. out here years ago and his boss made him push a diet supplement called KM. This really pissed people off, my friend said how pissed off people were for the co. trying to push this "great energy" product during carpet cleanings. That was a learning lesson for me to NEVER push products outside of your service/business.

BTW Brian, did you refer that knucklehead that called me busting my balls to "save energy on my business building"? That guy was one pushy SOB, I finally hung up on him. I run my biz out of my house :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bee Busy said:
I remember my friend working for a carpet cleaning co. out here years ago and his boss made him push a diet supplement called KM. This really pissed people off, my friend said how pissed off people were for the co. trying to push this "great energy" product during carpet cleanings. That was a learning lesson for me to NEVER push products outside of your service/business.

BTW Brian, did you refer that knucklehead that called me busting my balls to "save energy on my business building"? That guy was one pushy SOB, I finally hung up on him. I run my biz out of my house :mrgreen:

No, I've never mentioned your name to anyone.

Deregulation in CA is causing a ton of people to make money from it.

Bill, I would call you my damn self.

By the way, I'll call you later. shiteatinggrin

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Bee Busy said:

I've heard of a lot of people that are turned off by cleaners "pushing" upsells etc too. The key point is the pushing.
If you have something to "offer" that you knew would be beneficial, wouldn't you tell your clients?

machinejjh

Ron Werner said:
I've heard of a lot of people that are turned off by cleaners "pushing" upsells etc too. The key point is the pushing. If you have something to "offer" that you knew would be beneficial, wouldn't you tell your clients?

If it's related to what they called you for, yes.

If it's something else, you're nothing more than a live spam e-mail.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Werner said:
If you have something to "offer" that you knew would be beneficial, wouldn't you tell your clients?

Ron, are you selling them Amway re-labeled VACUUMS?
or selling them "The Dream" ??

You'll have to answer that one before I can answer your question

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well, I did 2 repeat customers yesterday and asked them if they would like a free or discounted carpet cleaning.

Told them both what it would take to get it and they were very open to it. I didn't get the dear in the headlights or anything like that.

BUT, neither of them signed up on the spot. They paid the bill :shock: in full and told me they would have a look at the site and compare their bills etc.

I then told them it would count for next time as well if they tried any service from the site.

They were both repeat customers and each more than a few times. One was even a Mary Kay Consultant. :| :lol:

The reason I laugh is because the Mary Kay Consultant understands Network Marketing and didn't jump on it. hmmm.

I was surprised at the outcome because of their initial reaction. They really seemed interested after I gave the info.

Like anything, it's a numbers game.

If I feel like anyone is "feeling" uneasy etc. that would be an issue. But they seemed to be ok with it.

I'll update more as I clean a couple carpets next week.

Wish me luck. !dork!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Set up 11 electric accounts yesterday....I'll be setting up more today.

At an average of $150 electric bill per (low) and I get 5% that's $82.50 per month extra I'll be taking in EVERY MONTH. Almost $1000 per year for doing a one time set up.

Just because I knew someone.

Nice

Yes, they each get one room cleaned for free. But I'll be offering my other services when I get into their home.

Whether I make money on cleaning....Which I will....Or get more services signed up.....It's a good thing.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I personally had to deal with the fallout, ruined lives, broken promises, and financial hurt cause by the similar Excel Communications MLM debacle several years ago.

Exact same pyramid, story line and smell again.

I told you so.

Connor

Name
Connor
Jtuseo said:
All I can say is Brian has helped me with my carpet cleaning business. It has not been a gold mine , but he has exposed me to over 150 new customers last year. So I thank him for it.

How'd he do that, what'd it cost you?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lee Stockwell said:
I personally had to deal with the fallout, ruined lives, broken promises, and financial hurt cause by the similar Excel Communications MLM debacle several years ago.

Exact same pyramid, story line and smell again.

I told you so.

Nothing like exel...We get %s on the bills paid...not 50 cents per account.
We only get paid when services are aquired....Not on JUST bringing in people.

We have over 20 essential services including energy, wireless etc.

Still not sure why this is so hard to understand.

This is the issue....You're only going on what you think you know about this.

Don't ever say no until you know what you're saying no to.

This company has been around 20 years and follow the laws set up to protect people from "schemes" etc.

Backed by Donald Trump, NBC, Success from home Magazine AND BBB.....Which I don't think helps. lol

Not to mention we are partnered with billion dollar companies like Sprint, Verizon, ATT and the energy giant EDF.

What more do you need?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom