Cleaning this week

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So I'm going to actually clean some carpets this week.

Here's the plan....as per usual...

I'm going to offer ALL of my services to the customer and see what happens.

Not so much the carpet, upholsery cleaning and other cleaning related services...

But I'm going to offer Electricity, Cell Phone Plans, Cable TV, Internet etc....Just to see what happens and then I'll report back here.

The idea is to let them know that I don't ONLY offer carpet cleaning...But I also offer other "Priority Services" they may need.

I think it's a great idea that I haven't been able to do too much of because I haven't been cleaning much lately.

Here's the Store Front that I'll have with me (laptop) AFTER I've amazed them with an awesome carpet cleaning

Priority Services

Thoughts?

And here Stockwell didn't think I could make this cleaning related.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Really, if you cleaned my carpet and then pulled that out I would politely decline and never call you again or refer you to any of my friends no matter how well you cleaned my carpet

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I read it through and through...........
Yet, I did not find a single word about your hair styling services :p

Jokes aside, be interesting to see what the response will be.
Personally, I would not buy from someone that does that.
However, what I prefer may not be the norm.

Curious to see the responses and results.
Keep us informed Brian. But the the whole, not the massaged truth please.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dmreed4311 said:
Really, if you cleaned my carpet and then pulled that out I would politely decline and never call you again or refer you to any of my friends no matter how well you cleaned my carpet

Yes, but you are a carpet cleaner....Not my customer.

I will give you my exact experience. Good or Bad.....I'm just testing this out for me as well.

If it's something that doesn't work out....I'll be the first to shit can it.

I've got some ideas to make it work...We'll see.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Riddle me this: At what do you ever realize that your NEXT "big thing" is going to turn out like...

...your LAST "big thing"?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It's bad enough for people to have someone in their home doing work they called for. To have someone going through a speil for something they aren't even interested in would be really annoying. I can just see the lady thinking, " oh for God's sake. Weight loss, cell phones, utility programs... I don't think I can stand here and smile and nod my head much longer before it explodes."

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lee Stockwell said:
Riddle me this: At what do you ever realize that your NEXT "big thing" is going to turn out like...

What was my last "big thing"?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Art Kelley said:
It's bad enough for people to have someone in their home doing work they called for. To have someone going through a speil for something they aren't even interested in would be really annoying. I can just see the lady thinking, " oh for God's sake. Weight loss, cell phones, utility programs... I don't think I can stand here and smile and nod my head much longer before it explodes."

You mean like Protectant, upholstery cleaning, tile cleaning, grout sealing, carpet repair and pet urine treatment?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Brian R said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":3p594i9k]Riddle me this: At what do you ever realize that your NEXT "big thing" is going to turn out like...

What was my last "big thing"?[/quote:3p594i9k]

That just illustrates my point...it seems to have been quite "forgettable"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think I went over this.

Visalus worked out great...Lost 58 pounds total and I still get it for free every month....Plus some money as well. Success as planned.

What else?

I've never done another MLM other than helping Jen with Mary Kay.

Name
I'm Rick James
You should not promote your other services with your carpet cleaning company. You should open up a separate business that holds all your investment ideas in. It would be a huge turn off if my plumber offered services that didnt deal with the plumbing industry.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Again...You are not your/my customer.

We have to keep an open mind.

What if I offered a free room carpet cleaning with every cell phone upgrade?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
When I clean I hand out my cleaning menu that lists other services with explanations and pictures. It it a tri-fold and it adds many $$$$ to the bottom line.

I would suggest not laying all your stuff on the client. Their eyes will glaze over and your other stuff may not get a welcome reception. You were called the just to clean their carpet.

I would just leaving a pamphlet with info on your other stuff. If they are interested let them take the next step and they will be far more receptive that if you jam it down their throats

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I might be a bit close minded, but I think the more endeavors you take on succeed in weakening your core unless carefully planned out and executed. I read an article in cleanfax a while ago about owners of cleaning companies who do the very thing Brian is doing. The article says that owners reach a state of bordom and put themselves at risk by getting scatter brained and chasing other business intrests or adding poorly planned additional services. In this article it explains that we get so focused on the hunt , it can be hard to enjoy success because we already have our sites set on the next mountain to climb. I guess maybe instead of looking for the new best thing the focus should be on your core business and looking for new ways to strengthen your prime avenue of income. But I havent been at it as long as half of the guys and gals on this board so who am I to judge....... but would I buy utilites service from a guy who just cleaned my carpet....not a chance in hell

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dave,

I might as well just leave $100 on the table with it because people will seldom act on a pamphlet.

I will only mention their electric bill....I won't hit them with everything.

When they switch their electric bill...Then I'll let them know about everything else.

I won't be pushy at all...As a matter of fact, I'll need to read them a bit before to see how I'll go about offering the Electric Service.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
juniorc82 said:
I might be a bit close minded, but I think the more endeavors you take on succeed in weakening your core unless carefully planned out and executed. I read an article in cleanfax a while ago about owners of cleaning companies who do the very thing Brian is doing. The article says that owners reach a state of bordom and put themselves at risk by getting scatter brained and chasing other business intrests or adding poorly planned additional services. In this article it explains that we get so focused on the hunt , it can be hard to enjoy success because we already have our sites set on the next mountain to climb. I guess maybe instead of looking for the new best thing the focus should be on your core business and looking for new ways to strengthen your prime avenue of income. But I havent been at it as long as half of the guys and gals on this board so who am I to judge....... but would I buy utilites service from a guy who just cleaned my carpet....not a chance in hell

You mean the magazine that advertises for major companies selling carpet cleaning equipment, solutions, advertising programs etc?

Connor

Name
Connor
Connor said:
So, um, Brian, How much to sign up for ACN?

Hey, Ramrod, I didn't ask you to PM me the cost for ACN, I asked you on this here open and public forum.

What, you get a case of shyness all of a sudden, I mean, c'mon, you posted this thread in the clean room, the only publicly viewed room in all of Mikey' Board. So I figured, this'd be a good place to say what the sign up costs are.

So.... you wanna post the sign up costs?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
Connor said:
So, um, Brian, How much to sign up for ACN?

Hey, Ramrod, I didn't ask you to PM me the cost for ACN, I asked you on this here open and public forum.

What, you get a case of shyness all of a sudden, I mean, c'mon, you posted this thread in the clean room, the only publicly viewed room in all of Mikey' Board. So I figured, this'd be a good place to say what the sign up costs are.

So.... you wanna post the sign up costs?

Oh, sorry....I thought you were ready to join. shiteatinggrin

For your online store front, back office, admin costs to get you on the 1099 pay structure for the corporation it's a one time fee of $499 and a yearly renewal of $150.

If it were free it would be called a "JOB"......Just Over Broke. !gotcha!

What does it cost to build a website nowadays anyway?

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
For your online store front, back office, admin costs to get you on the 1099 pay structure for the corporation it's a one time fee of $499 and a yearly renewal of $150.

So, Mrs. Piffleton's gonna drop two hundred or so bucks to her carpet cleaner and then y'r gonna ax her for another five hundred bucks? Oh, sounds like a great idea. :roll:

Ooooh, her's an idea, get some more of those lucrative Groupon customers and get even more people to sign up, cos everybody knows that Groupon custys are the most economical savvy folks there are AND surely the price conscious Groupon shopper would know what a great deal ACN is, n'est ce pas? :mrgreen:

Oh, how about ACN run a Groupon special for halfsies?

Brian R said:

Jeez, it's funny I always hear that line from pyramid schemers. hey Marty, blow me

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
Brian R said:

So, Mrs. Piffleton's gonna drop two hundred or so bucks to her carpet cleaner and then y'r gonna ax her for another five hundred bucks? Oh, sounds like a great idea. :roll:

Ooooh, her's an idea, get some more of those lucrative Groupon customers and get even more people to sign up, cos everybody knows that Groupon custys are the most economical savvy folks there are AND surely the price conscious Groupon shopper would know what a great deal ACN is, n'est ce pas? :mrgreen:

Oh, how about ACN run a Groupon special for halfsies?

[quote="Brian R":33va434c]

Jeez, it's funny I always hear that line from pyramid schemers. hey Marty, blow me[/quote:33va434c]

ConnOr....Pay attention buddy.

I'm not trying to get them to sign up.....I'm offering services. They can actually SAVE money on their Ecectric Bill, Cell phone bill etc.

I think that may be the problem.....You draw your own conclusions before you read.

Yes, I will mention to them how THEY can do what I'm doing...but only if they seem interested.

Sheesh.

Bob Foster

Brain please follow me through on my logic.

Would it not be reasonable to say that based on the feedback you have been given here that if you pitched the other services and even left out the MLM part that some of your customers would be put off at it and won't call again?

Like others here, I know I wouldn't call again.

So if you believe that to be a fair assumption, why would you risk any of your carpet cleaning customers when you don't have to?

Would you find it justifiable to sacrifice some customers on the premise that you would be gaining more revenue than you lost?

Would you also think it fair to reason that of those you left your pamphlets or web information on your other services that once they had a chance to absorb this information they could easily get the perception that your product pitch was really a MLM recruitment technique?

Are you intending on following up these prospects by contacting them about these products and services?

I think that you will piss off over 30% of your customers that you leave material for and I will change that up to at least 50% of them if you contact them again to follow up your pitch.

There is a large percentage of people that have a negative perception of any MLM and the people that try and pitch them. You can say that they just don't understand but I think most of those that you press farther so they will "appreciate the opportunity" will get more pissed off and not more receptive.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bob,
I totally get what you are saying....I wouldn't even start into the business "opportunity" unless I felt like they were open to it.

I'm sure you would agree that it's not that hard to tell.

I would just be offering them the other services....Once they see the reputable companies it would make things easier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom