Burnout

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I don’t know how I’m still here either

I think you are here due to your ability to deal with the general goofiness of the men here with a nice combination of humor and tough love.

The fact that you can make Mike's casual relationship with grammar and spelling look good on the other end doesn't hurt a bit either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am. I have been for over a year. Not quitting anytime soon. But it really just feels like a job these days. Don’t expect y’all to give any nice advice. It just feels good to day it. I hate this shit these days.
For me, it's the people I meet that makes me like this business. I know the feeling though. Some days, you wonder why you're doing it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
According to Marty masturbation can further reduce your stress levels
What say you brother AI?

• Haha

FredC

Village Idiot
That was vacuuming you retard

very dangerous

FksZo7CWYAAg0Ka.jpg_large.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I am. I have been for over a year. Not quitting anytime soon. But it really just feels like a job these days. Don’t expect y’all to give any nice advice. It just feels good to day it. I hate this shit these days.
I'm with you. I fight it more and more each day. Especially as I make money trading Options and collect dividends. But if Boyle can still be out there cleaning, I can too.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
That was vacuuming you retard

"Retard" is an unfortunate word Marty

I know you are usually very sensitive to the feelings of others, and felt you'd appreciate me pointing it out.

"Idiot" is really not helpful either. "Idiot", according to past psychological assessements, denotes an IQ under 25. "Imbecile" is an IQ from 25-50, while "Moron" was assessed at an IQ of 51-70.

People with an IQ from 35-49 were considered to have a moderate degree of "mental retardation" (noting the term you used above).

None of these terms have been used since the 70s.

A more helpful phrase might have been:

"Perhaps I was unclear....(then fill in a more thorough explanation for the person who misunderstood you).

Once again, I'm always happy to help you continue in your quest to use both thoughtful and upbuilding communication skills.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
"Retard" is an unfortunate word Marty

I know you are usually very sensitive to the feelings of others, and felt you'd appreciate me pointing it out.

"Idiot" is really not helpful either. "Idiot", according to past psychological assessements, denotes an IQ under 25. "Imbecile" is an IQ from 25-50, while "Moron" was assessed at an IQ of 51-70.

People with an IQ from 35-49 were considered to have a moderate degree of "mental retardation" (noting the term you used above).

None of these terms have been used since the 70s.

A more helpful phrase might have been:

"Perhaps I was unclear....(then fill in a more thorough explanation for the person who misunderstood you).

Once again, I'm always happy to help you continue in your quest to use both thoughtful and upbuilding communication skills.
Get over yourself

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
In 2006, of all the things I thought I might imagine when Lisa introduced me to Mike and told me that he wasn't the internet troll that I thought he was, I never thought I'd see:

1. Mikey forsake first the Vortex, then (to a some extent) HWE
2. Mikey own Greenglides, and Lisa find her calling in saving helpless dogs (she used to try to save helpless carpet cleaners....so I think she found dogs better to work with)
3. Mikey as my father's rep at the IICRC (Thanks for taking the bullet for me Mike)
4. Mikey 2.0 and Mikey 3.0
5. Terje Brevik and Fred Boyle be cast off to the land of Nod, yet somehow Marty abides
6. Bob Vawter would still be among the living....Keith Richards and Willie Nelson have nothin' on you Bob
7. AI Fred C

There are of course numerous other changes, but these alone keep my mind reeling...
THATS what I live for! Funny I don feel 88....much..much older!

My 32 year old granddaughter tripped over her sons backpack and broke her leg which caused a blood clot to travel to her lung and is moving towards her heart......three little ones 8 7. And 6 years old....
We're all scared to death....
BTW. she checked outta the hospital cuz they all went ON STRIKE!!!
Now I've been in a few hospitals but
This one was really really bad..

Last edited:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan

My 32 year old granddaughter tripped over her sons backpack and broke her leg which caused a blood clot to travel to her lung and is moving towards her heart......three little ones 8 7. And 6 years old....
wish your family all the best

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

In my thoughts and prayers. I know she gotta be tough with 3 little ones those ages.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Trip, I see how you could burnout especially grinding on residential😏 We actually tried it
for a short amount of time and decided it was way too difficult for all kinds of reasons. We (Diana) and I would still Grind with our commercial and jani business and were still grinding probably at your age. We would still
be grinding, but we’re blessed that our girls watched us grind and after a brief time away from biz, decided to take the baton😀 Praise God! But, we have let them. Take a Vacation
baby!! I’m not retired, just redirected!!! Praying for you and Bob🙏🏼 Everyone else
can sink or swim😂

Last edited:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I appreciate everyone's responses. Even Marty....
Maybe it is the summer heat. Maybe I'm bored. Maybe I regret some the choices that got me here. Maybe I'm being a whiny little bitch. I need to splash some cold water on my face and get my head back in the game. Love you guys. Excuse my temporary flakiness.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Maybe it is the summer heat. Maybe I'm bored. Maybe I regret some the choices that got me here. Maybe I'm being a whiny little bitch. I need to splash some cold water on my face and get my head back in the game. Love you guys. Excuse my temporary flakiness.
Go take some time for yourself. Do what you like to do it with your family. There has to be a reason you work so hard. Enjoy it when you can.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Yeah man, you definatley aint alone. Prolonged heat and humidity is definitely getting to me. Cant wait for the first cold front.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom