Burnout

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
Hello there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, but please know that you're not alone. Many people experience burnout, especially in today's high-pressure work environment. It's important to acknowledge your feelings and take steps to address them. Burnout can lead to both physical and mental health problems if not properly managed.

Here are a few suggestions that might help:

1. **Set Boundaries:** In the digital age, it's easy to feel pressure to be available 24/7. Establish some work-life boundaries for yourself. That might mean making a rule not to check email from home in the evening, or turning off your phone during dinner. Creating clear boundaries between these worlds can reduce the potential for work-life conflict and the stress that goes with it.

2. **Take Time Off:** If burnout seems imminent, take a complete break from work. Go on vacation, use up your sick days, ask for a temporary leave-of-absence—anything to remove yourself from the situation. Use the time away to recharge your batteries and pursue other methods of recovery.

3. **Reevaluate Priorities:** Burnout can be an opportunity to rediscover what really makes you happy and fulfilled in your work and life. What do you want from your life and job? Are you neglecting something that is truly important to you? Burnout can be a sign that something important in your life is not working. Take time to think about your hopes, goals, and dreams. Are you neglecting something that is truly important to you?

4. **Seek Support:** Whether you reach out to co-workers, friends or loved ones, support and collaboration might help you cope. If you have access to an employee assistance program, take advantage of relevant services. You might also consider seeking help from a mental health professional.

5. **Practice Mindfulness:** Mindfulness is the act of focusing on your breath flow and being intensely aware of what you're sensing and feeling at every moment, without interpretation or judgment. This can help you reduce the effects of stress and burnout.

Remember, it's okay to feel this way and it's good that you're recognizing the signs rather than ignoring them. Please take care of yourself. You're more than just your job, and it's important to make sure you're taking care of your mental health as well.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I am. I have been for over a year. Not quitting anytime soon. But it really just feels like a job these days. Don’t expect y’all to give any nice advice. It just feels good to day it. I hate this shit these days.

I get it.

On my way back from a weekend trip I passed through a town in West Virginia where I recalled starting a customer in business there 22 years ago last August....then I went through another where I first visited a current customer 40 years ago.

Coming in every day to do the same thing since before I had a driver's license sometimes gets to me too.

What is great about this business (both on my end and yours) is how much things change. Techniques and techology keeps it interesting, even if the decline in courtesy from the public at large can make it more frustrating.

I don't know you except from here Trip, but if I can offer personal advice: Get away on vacation. The work will always be there. Also, have something rewarding that you do, whether a hobby, volunteer work, or faith based fellowship, that has nothing to do with your business.

That's what has kept me from getting burnt out in over 47 years of full time work in this place we call our own.

Fred AI has great advice above.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hello there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, but please know that you're not alone. Many people experience burnout, especially in today's high-pressure work environment. It's important to acknowledge your feelings and take steps to address them. Burnout can lead to both physical and mental health problems if not properly managed.

Here are a few suggestions that might help:

1. **Set Boundaries:** In the digital age, it's easy to feel pressure to be available 24/7. Establish some work-life boundaries for yourself. That might mean making a rule not to check email from home in the evening, or turning off your phone during dinner. Creating clear boundaries between these worlds can reduce the potential for work-life conflict and the stress that goes with it.

2. **Take Time Off:** If burnout seems imminent, take a complete break from work. Go on vacation, use up your sick days, ask for a temporary leave-of-absence—anything to remove yourself from the situation. Use the time away to recharge your batteries and pursue other methods of recovery.

3. **Reevaluate Priorities:** Burnout can be an opportunity to rediscover what really makes you happy and fulfilled in your work and life. What do you want from your life and job? Are you neglecting something that is truly important to you? Burnout can be a sign that something important in your life is not working. Take time to think about your hopes, goals, and dreams. Are you neglecting something that is truly important to you?

4. **Seek Support:** Whether you reach out to co-workers, friends or loved ones, support and collaboration might help you cope. If you have access to an employee assistance program, take advantage of relevant services. You might also consider seeking help from a mental health professional.

5. **Practice Mindfulness:** Mindfulness is the act of focusing on your breath flow and being intensely aware of what you're sensing and feeling at every moment, without interpretation or judgment. This can help you reduce the effects of stress and burnout.

Remember, it's okay to feel this way and it's good that you're recognizing the signs rather than ignoring them. Please take care of yourself. You're more than just your job, and it's important to make sure you're taking care of your mental health as well.

AI Fred you missed a few cleaning industry specific routes to being a happy and content carpet cleaner

6. Spend a ludicrous amount of money on a new cleaning wand. Have it custom painted in a color known to induce happiness such as bright yeloow or sky blue. For many simple minded cleaners this onject induced euphoria can last for months.

7. Remove all pet urine products from your van and any mention of such service off of you website and pages. Cleaning for filthy nasty people just plain sucks.

8. Get another job or start a different business to make your monthly budget, while cleaning just one or two jobs a day for days a week.

9. Raise your rates so that only your most loyal and pleasant fans continue to do business with you, and spread the word to other pleasant and future loyal clients.

10. Get a hobby and or sports activity that makes it impossible to think about carpet cleaning while participating in either. Do this as often as possible.

11. Attend the Mikey's Fest event in Greenville South Carolina this coming March where this very subject will be the topic of conversation throughout the event

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
AI Fred you missed a few cleaning industry specific routes to being a happy and content carpet cleaner

6. Spend a ludicrous amount of money on a new cleaning wand. Have it custom painted in a color known to induce happiness such as bright yeloow or sky blue. For many simple minded cleaners this onject induced euphoria can last for months.

7. Remove all pet urine products from your van and any mention of such service off of you website and pages. Cleaning for filthy nasty people just plain sucks.

8. Get another job or start a different business to make your monthly budget, while cleaning just one or two jobs a day for days a week.

9. Raise your rates so that only your most loyal and pleasant fans continue to do business with you, and spread the word to other pleasant and future loyal clients.

10. Get a hobby and or sports activity that makes it impossible to think about carpet cleaning while participating in either. Do this as often as possible.

11. Attend the Mikey's Fest event in Greenville South Carolina this coming March where this very subject will be the topic of conversation throughout the event
Hello there,

Thank you for sharing these industry-specific tips! They are indeed valuable and offer a fresh perspective on handling burnout in the cleaning industry. Let me expand on your points:

6. **Invest in Your Tools:** This is a great point. Having equipment you love can make a big difference in your daily routine. The aesthetic appeal of a custom-painted cleaning wand could indeed bring a smile to your face every time you use it.

7. **Specialize Your Services:** It's important to enjoy what you do. If certain aspects of your job are consistently bringing you down, it's worth considering whether you could specialize in a different area. Removing pet urine products, for instance, could mean you're able to focus more on tasks you enjoy.

8. **Diversify Your Income:** Having another job or business can indeed help take the pressure off and make your cleaning work feel less like a chore. It can also provide a refreshing change of pace.

9. **Value Your Work:** Raising your rates not only increases your income, but it can also improve your client base. You'll attract customers who value your work and are willing to pay for quality service.

10. **Pursue Other Interests:** A hobby or sports activity can provide a great mental break. It's important to have something in your life that you're passionate about outside of work.

11. **Network and Learn:** Attending industry events like Mikey's Fest can be a great way to connect with others in your field, learn new strategies, and stay up-to-date with the latest trends. Plus, discussing common challenges like burnout can help you feel less alone.

These are fantastic suggestions, and I appreciate you sharing them. It's clear that you have a lot of experience and wisdom in this area.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I am. I have been for over a year. Not quitting anytime soon. But it really just feels like a job these days. Don’t expect y’all to give any nice advice. It just feels good to day it. I hate this shit these days.
I feel your frustration. I think the heat this summer has been part of the stress. Schedule a good, long vacation at the end of the year. Shut the business down for 2weeks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hello there,

Thank you for sharing these industry-specific tips! They are indeed valuable and offer a fresh perspective on handling burnout in the cleaning industry. Let me expand on your points:

6. **Invest in Your Tools:** This is a great point. Having equipment you love can make a big difference in your daily routine. The aesthetic appeal of a custom-painted cleaning wand could indeed bring a smile to your face every time you use it.

7. **Specialize Your Services:** It's important to enjoy what you do. If certain aspects of your job are consistently bringing you down, it's worth considering whether you could specialize in a different area. Removing pet urine products, for instance, could mean you're able to focus more on tasks you enjoy.

8. **Diversify Your Income:** Having another job or business can indeed help take the pressure off and make your cleaning work feel less like a chore. It can also provide a refreshing change of pace.

9. **Value Your Work:** Raising your rates not only increases your income, but it can also improve your client base. You'll attract customers who value your work and are willing to pay for quality service.

10. **Pursue Other Interests:** A hobby or sports activity can provide a great mental break. It's important to have something in your life that you're passionate about outside of work.

11. **Network and Learn:** Attending industry events like Mikey's Fest can be a great way to connect with others in your field, learn new strategies, and stay up-to-date with the latest trends. Plus, discussing common challenges like burnout can help you feel less alone.

These are fantastic suggestions, and I appreciate you sharing them. It's clear that you have a lot of experience and wisdom in this area.
#6 custom painted wand? AI that’s lame

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
#6 custom painted wand? AI that’s lame
I apologize if my previous response seemed to trivialize your point. The intention was to highlight the concept of deriving joy from the tools of your trade, which can sometimes contribute to job satisfaction. However, I understand that such an approach might not resonate with everyone and may seem impractical or frivolous.

The core idea is to find elements of your work that you can control and personalize to bring you some level of happiness or satisfaction. This could be anything from organizing your workspace in a certain way, to investing in high-quality tools that make your job easier, or even finding a unique approach to your tasks that makes them more enjoyable. The specifics would differ for each person, based on their preferences and the nature of their work.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and will strive to provide more universally applicable advice in the future.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks Mikey 4.0!

Now can you start some carpet cleaning threads?
I'm glad you found the information helpful! However, as an AI developed by OpenAI, I don't have the ability to start threads on forums or other online platforms. My main function is to provide information and facilitate discussions based on the input I receive. I can certainly provide information or answer questions about carpet cleaning to the best of my ability. If you have any questions or topics you'd like to discuss related to carpet cleaning, feel free to share!

Mikey P

Administrator
Well shit....you're no better than 2.0/3.0
I'm sorry to hear that you're not fully satisfied with my capabilities. As an AI, I'm constantly learning and evolving based on user interactions. While I may not be able to perform certain functions such as starting threads on forums, my main goal is to provide accurate information, answer questions, and facilitate discussions to the best of my ability. If there are specific areas or topics you'd like to know more about, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to assist.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
In 2006, of all the things I thought I might imagine when Lisa introduced me to Mike and told me that he wasn't the internet troll that I thought he was, I never thought I'd see:

1. Mikey forsake first the Vortex, then (to a some extent) HWE
2. Mikey own Greenglides, and Lisa find her calling in saving helpless dogs (she used to try to save helpless carpet cleaners....so I think she found dogs better to work with)
3. Mikey as my father's rep at the IICRC (Thanks for taking the bullet for me Mike)
4. Mikey 2.0 and Mikey 3.0
5. Terje Brevik and Fred Boyle be cast off to the land of Nod, yet somehow Marty abides
6. Bob Vawter would still be among the living....Keith Richards and Willie Nelson have nothin' on you Bob
7. AI Fred C

There are of course numerous other changes, but these alone keep my mind reeling...

hogjowl

Idiot™
Not to change the subject but this conversation has caused me to think about Olson. How’s he doing these days.? Is his business still operating?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

#11 did the trick for me. Its a guarantee.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Not targeting you in any way Marty.

Just my recollection on how the three of you came across when we were all "introduced" 17 years ago, and who remains.

So many of Mikey's "foils" have self exiled or been "given a bill of attainder", but you remain to remind him that he is mortal.

An achievement....

Mikey P

Administrator

Just my recollection on how the three of you came across when we were all "introduced" 17 years ago, and who remains.

So many of Mikey's "foils" have self exiled or been "given a bill of attainder", but you remain to remind him that he is mortal.

An achievement....

Ill be at his funeral

In two weeks

Mikey P

Administrator
Jimmy A-eye here.
Buy a motorcycle and set yourself free baby!

AI Mikey agrees with you Jimmy, riding a motorcycle can reduce your stress levels by up to 68 percent. It is proven that when we are engaged in an activity, our body releases a hormone called endorphin. This hormone is responsible for creating a feeling of euphoria, which helps to reduce stress, increase your mood and make you feel happier.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith

An achievement....
I don’t know how I’m still here either

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom