Betcha a tankless TM can fit in it! - 22/25 mpg

G

Bill Bruders said:
We just took delivery on this Transit Connect we've had on order for a couple of months. Our plan is to bring the van to connections as a demo unit to get some feedback on overall package design. This setup just utilizes the current waste tank that comes with the machine and our standard hose reel options. Of course we need to look at chemical storage, reel size etc. We are hoping for as much "what if" input and whats necessary as far as storage as we can get. While vans of this size won't fit every company out there when we started designing the Sapphire line last year at this time gas was $4 per gallon and we felt that designing for the future was very important.

Great work, thinking forward. I checked out your website, I also like that you have a 2 year warranty, which also includes labor. I've had to pay for labor with things under Hydramaster, and that is expensive.

Supersucker

Maybe try the machine at the rear to keep the heat away from the seats.
Put hose reels up front so you can pull from ether side door.
Contour the tank to the side wall & make it really narrow with a pump out.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Quick update on the transit connect

Just so people know before anyone runs out and buys one of these vans. They have a composite material floor that requires some engineering work to create proper and safe mounting of the equipment. Also you need to be really careful about how weight is distributed. I'm sure there are some solutions that will allow this vehicle to be used but its not as simple as just bolting a machine down and driving away.

Mr.V

there's no room in that thing for f all

I guess if you have no rotaries,wands,chems or tools it'd be great.

but for the couple bucks per gal extra on gas mileage I'll stick with a real van :|

Name
Kevin McCreary
Supersucker said:
Really a Sprinter gets close enough to that mileage for me.

Or you could save more by buying a used van than you would ever save on fuel.

You can also buy two Transit Connects brand new for the price of one Sprinter!

Name
Kevin McCreary
Mr.V said:
two half vans make one real one???

Personally I could make more money off two half vans than you could make off 1 "real one"

Its all good, most carpet cleaners are afraid of new ideas that's why they still wear mullets

and are undereducated losers who bought themselves an overpaid janitor job.

Oh, wait I apologize all Canadians still have mullets, don't they aah?

Mr.V

first of all it's "eh?"

I haven't seen too many mullets since the 80's

I have plenty of post high school education and I'm one of the most expensive cleaners in town

please don't be upset cuz I don't wanna run a tonka toy for a carpet van huh?

Name
Kevin McCreary
Mr.V said:
first of all it's "eh?"

I have plenty of post high school education and I'm one of the most expensive cleaners in town

Oh eh! Do you have the delux mullet? what colour is it? Eh!
Canadians are so fing stupid! huh!
Mikey, I think you should ban them all! How many centimeters of lift does your porty pull?
What degrees Celsius are you cleaning with? Do you run a superglide? Eh!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i really dont understand the hype of this little truck as far as cleaning production, but from a marketing standpoint i think it would be good fro larger companies to have one for small jobs and quotes.

Mr.V

[[*]quote]
Kevin McCreary said:
[quote="Mr.V":2h1x5hu3]first of all it's "eh?"

Oh eh! Do you have the delux mullet? what colour is it? Eh!
Canadians are so fing stupid! huh!
Mikey, I think you should ban them all! How many centimeters of lift does your porty pull?
What degrees Celsius are you cleaning with? Do you run a superglide? Eh![/quote:2h1x5hu3][/quote]

shaved head

Yeah americans are far more intellectually superior :roll:

148 inches

kerosene heater,,,,,,,,,,,as hot as I want

greenglide

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Just saw one at the Ford dealer today, and it looks much smaller than what i thought it would be.

I do like the look, well it's the European look so it looks a bit more modern etc...but the cargo space is too cramp.

This would make a great "fast response" WDR van for inspections and also an estimating vehicle.

It could fit 2-4 lgr 2000s, dozen fans, flood/high psi extractor.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I met a cleaner in Dublin that uses one of these. He has a small gasoline powered HWE unit in it (which he wouldn't let me see) and said it worked well for the extremely difficult parking there. Hw said the only problems were, "When empty these things are slower than bicycles, when full you have to push off with your foot." and "You don't want to get up much speed if you're loaded anyway. You won't be able to stop."

They're made to be light-duty delivery trucks and might be perfect for a portable. If you want to put a truck mount in one, do it because you need a tiny footprint and know you'll have to live with the limits.

Greenie

Like I said, I want to see a steel frame TM with 47 blower and 30hp engine and Kero burner in one of these things.

I have my reservations.

I do think it's an excellent platform for an elec. TM for the guy who has an easy market and can hit most jobs with 100' of hose, although I wouldn't have the bigger LP heater, I'd stick with a #3 little giant and call it good.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Any way to run off the van's engine for power and heat? Would be cheaper to run, lighter, and save a lot of space.

It could be done.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Lee Stockwell said:
Any way to run off the van's engine for power and heat? Would be cheaper to run, lighter, and save a lot of space.

It could be done.

Depends on if its a transverse mounted engine... if so, would have to go the hydraulic route.

Back
Top Bottom