Best company to buy a roll up door from?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And are they easy to install?

D6FD3402-0CFA-47ED-9F9A-6316F6AACBA7.jpeg

Name
Nate W.
Have a pro do it, alignment is crucial as is proper and equal spring tension.

and if you goof, your head will get ripped off.

x2..

A good friend of mine works for Penske and they see a lot of damaged/ broken doors.. I'm sure you could take on the task, but it's like using a Rug Doctor.. How much is your time worth..?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Not sure the brand matters. They all rot. Even metal clad ones are wood inside. I haven't been able to find a full-width all metal door, but I'd be concerned it would be noisy.

Installation is simple, but tensioning the springs is a little dangerous. It requires keeping body parts out of the path of potentially flying tensioning tools.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah, if tensioning a giant spring is part of the puzzle...that job isn't for me. Wish me luck on finding someone to install it for me

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt, tensioning the spring isn't rocket science. I just installed one on my roll up garage door. They do hold a lot of tension and you do need to be careful anytime you work with a torsion spring. If you do it yourself, be sure to count the times you unwind the spring when you take it off.

You can probably find a garage door company that can help you if you don't feel like taking this on yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom