best coffee stain remover hands down

Tom Forsythe

Red Zone Ready is twice the strength of a recommended dilution of the powdered coffee stain remover. When you neutralize sodium metabisulfite from a pH of 3 to a pH of 7, the odor goes away as evidenced by Red Zone Ready. It is similar to ammonia as the odor is at pH of 12 and when it falls below pH of 9 the odor goes away. Neutralizing the powder is probelmatic, but even our liquid browning treatment we left with the odor as our perception was that customers would not believe it worked without the odor.

Peroxides work best with organic (caffeinated) coffee and reducers work best with synthetic dyed (decaffeinated) coffee. Some of the better de-caffeinated coffees process the caffeine out without removing the natural color. I visited a coffee plantation when I was in Hawaii (Kona area a few years back) and they processed their decaffeinated coffee without removing the natural color.

Last edited:

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Red Zone Ready is twice the strength of a recommended dilution of the powdered coffee stain remover. When you neutralize sodium metabisulfite from a pH of 3 to a pH of 7, the odor goes away as evidenced by Red Zone Ready. It is similar to ammonia as the odor is at pH of 12 and when it falls below pH of 9 the odor goes away. Neutralizing the powder is probelmatic, but even our liquid browning treatment we left with the odor as our perception was that customers would not believe it worked without the odor.

Peroxides work best with organic (caffeinated) coffee and reducers work best with synthetic dyed (decaffeinated) coffee. Some of the better de-caffeinated coffees process the caffeine out without removing the natural color. I visited a coffee plantation when I was in Hawaii (Kona area a few years back) and they processed their decaffeinated coffee without removing the natural color.
and here I always thought carpet cleaning was not Rocket science , or brain surgery.. !!! :biggrin:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Many carpet cleaners flunked high school chemistry.

To be fair, what passes for "cleaning chemistry training" is often more than dumbed down, and less than accurate.

The longer I'm at this, the more I know that I'm surely not qualified to teach chemistry myself, and what we do should really come down to reading labels and following directions.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A lot of carpet cleaners get confused by 2 part stain removers. There are 2 types. One is an ammonia/peroxide solution which is great on organic stains such as coffee or red wine etc. The other is a reducer/ammonia solution for things like koolaid, anything with red dye #40 and similar. Example is Pro's Choice stain magic which is an oxidizer and red relief, which is a reducer. You can be a lot more effective if you understand where and when to use them.

Tom Forsythe

If I recall correctly, the two part Red Relief mixed the ammonia and the reducer parts, neutralized the bad odor of both.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
To be fair, what passes for "cleaning chemistry training" is often more than dumbed down, and less than accurate.

The longer I'm at this, the more I know that I'm surely not qualified to teach chemistry myself, and what we do should really come down to reading labels and following directions.
If we are to follow label directions then they must be written in our language,... how many glugs?!!!LOL

Tom Forsythe

One time years ago, a customer had an issue with a product. I asked if he had followed the directions. He said yes. I asked him to explain the process. After his explanation, I mentioned that his process did not follow the label directions, since I had written the directions. Silence followed and there was no longer any point to the conversation or the complaint.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
One time years ago, a customer had an issue with a product. I asked if he had followed the directions. He said yes. I asked him to explain the process. After his explanation, I mentioned that his process did not follow the label directions, since I had written the directions. Silence followed and there was no longer any point to the conversation or the complaint.

You've turned into a Marty..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You've turned into a Marty..

To paraphrase Hemmingway:

"The world will, at last, turn most all of us into Martys. But some of us are stronger for the Marty places"

Or, said more simply: Being a grumpy cynic keeps one from being disappointed in the failings of humankind. They all just live down to our very low expectations.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
54 years old and never gave politics much thought.

Now I find myself lividly obsessed and really F'n pissed to be forced into living through the stupidest time in US history.

But I get a 6 hour escape from it all today on top of my ATV....

I admire your desire to contribute and make a difference in the world.

Should you think politics is a way to do that, just go through this mental scenario:

Imagine you have to deal with people like the vilest people who you know of in the cleaning industry social media world....

Then multiply the vileness and the amount of them by 100.

Then realize you would have to be work with them, dine with them, and have them in most every part of your personal life.

Do your 6 hour escape, and forget you ever considered it.

Mikey P

Administrator
fortunately, I have lots of distraction here...

yesterday's fireworks show

1592917034926.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom