best coffee stain remover hands down

wilpath

hey guys, i am looking for the best coffee stain remover hands down, i have tried different products over the years with varying degrees of success. i try not to use the smelly stuff
on red stains, i have found red varnish to be the best of the best, and i have tried a lot of different brands. so help me out here ,, best coffee remover,

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's what I got out of that too.

For coffee I like metoosodium bisulfate if that's the right spelling. Stinky but effective.
That's usually my go to on most. The odor evaporates quickly. I treat the stains before I clean and usually they are gone before I rinse. Can also be applied as a post treatment. If that doesn't work then I will go to an oxidizer. Having said that, on a large job recently that was covered in coffee stains, I chose an oxidizing encap as a pretreatment because of the odor. You can't spray a couple of gallons of MSBS with the odor affecting someone.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The bridgepoint coffee remover works good, but it will choke you to death. I've also pulled color out of nylon carpets with that stuff, so be careful with it.

Here's the thing with coffee, sometimes it's not as bad as the customer thinks. A good prespray like Redline can pull out the stain. Even a good protein spotter can work, especially if the customer mixed in cream and sugar. Just to be clear, I mean that the customer mixed in the cream and sugar in their coffee, not the spotter. When the real trouble hits is when the customer drinks his/her/Tranny/whatever coffee black. The good thing about a black cup of coffee is that it's always made correctly. The bad thing is the stains are pure and true. So for those pure black coffee stains, I use the toxic Bridgepoint Coffee Stain Remover and a damp spotting towel with my steam iron and do a heat transfer. I then spend the rest of my day coughing and hacking, swearing that I'll never use that shit again.

That reminds me, it's time to order more.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The bridgepoint coffee remover works good, but it will choke you to death. I've also pulled color out of nylon carpets with that stuff, so be careful with it.

Here's the thing with coffee, sometimes it's not as bad as the customer thinks. A good prespray like Redline can pull out the stain. Even a good protein spotter can work, especially if the customer mixed in cream and sugar. Just to be clear, I mean that the customer mixed in the cream and sugar in their coffee, not the spotter. When the real trouble hits is when the customer drinks his/her/Tranny/whatever coffee black. The good thing about a black cup of coffee is that it's always made correctly. The bad thing is the stains are pure and true. So for those pure black coffee stains, I use the toxic Bridgepoint Coffee Stain Remover and a damp spotting towel with my steam iron and do a heat transfer. I then spend the rest of my day coughing and hacking, swearing that I'll never use that shit again.

That reminds me, it's time to order more.
The worst coffee is decaffeinated. The process often removes a lot of the natural color so they add artificial dyes to make it dark again.

• Wow
Reactions: Nomad74

steve_64

I always thought the problem with black coffee is its usually a lot hotter than after cream and sugar gets added. But that's just a guess. I really don't have problems with coffee stains but very occasionally I get one that I have to post treat with peroxide.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I always thought the problem with black coffee is its usually a lot hotter than after cream and sugar gets added. But that's just a guess. I really don't have problems with coffee stains but very occasionally I get one that I have to post treat with peroxide.
That's a possibility.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am doing a coffee stain at 1 pm today. If I can, I will take some pics. I will be using Tanox coffee stain remover Sodium metabisulphite , first then see how it goes. Usually, that's all I have to do, then rinse.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If just doing a coffee stain and not cleaning other areas I mix my own pottasium metabisulphate (sodium metabisulphate works the same but pms is easier to source for me) yeah reducers smell

If cleaning a large area I'll use an enzyme based prespray boosted with a peroxide, most will rinse out

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Turns out it was a coke stain, (so they said). Sadly it just rinsed out. Forgot to take the after pic.

IMG_20200620_125512.jpg

Reactions: Hack Attack

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Java jinx is what i use. Bridge point is good but like damon, i cough all day. I am now telling them if it dont come out the first go with reducer or oxidizer, its a patch job. Im done wasting time.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Java jinx is what i use. Bridge point is good but like damon, i cough all day. I am now telling them if it dont come out the first go with reducer or oxidizer, its a patch job. Im done wasting time.
the chemistry for me is quicker than an insert..

but play to your strengths I guess

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
the chemistry for me is quicker than an insert..

but play to your strengths I guess
I normally can get it out, but sometimes, i encounter the one that never budges, not even a lighter color change. Encap 02 almost always works, then i end up with bridgpoint to see if that works. Then red remover. By the time i did that, i wouldve been done with insert a long time ago..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I normally can get it out, but sometimes, i encounter the one that never budges, not even a lighter color change. Encap 02 almost always works, then i end up with bridgpoint to see if that works. Then red remover. By the time i did that, i wouldve been done with insert a long time ago..
Be careful going from an oxidizer to a reducer. You need to rinse well in-between.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
custom wool carpet on a gin palace launch with black coffee..
View attachment 100348

didnt use a reducer on this one, 6% hp rinse and remist while went did the upholstery
View attachment 100349
bout an hour or so later
What the heck is a Gin Palace launch? Judging from the door hinges in the picture, I'm guessing it's some kind of boat? Also the anchor in the carpet may be a clue. Now i'm off to Google Gin Palace Launch.

Edit: Google only confused me more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom