A business add on that I'm considering, and I feel you should consider also

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Investments, rental properties, cleaning employees all provide revenue without physical input

Trash hauling is just a different ' vehicle"

One of my customers has a dump truck and a small hydraulic compactor for trash removal, at 55 he's looking to sell and get a job. His employees are transient and he's sick of busting his hump at 4am until 1pm . Receivables are a bitch too

Grass ain't that green on that side of the fence
That's the kind of information I'm searching for. Thanks for sharing his experience

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Matt, maybe you should take a look at what you are and are not doing with your existing customers and see if you can find new revenue streams there. For example, do you sell protector to your customers after cleaning? Are you doing hard surface floors? Can you make a deal with a local dry cleaner to do draperies? You charge for take down and pick up and delivery? Same with rugs and venetian blinds. Since they know you as a cleaner, maybe you can add on pressure washing of driveways, sidewalks, etc. You can add duct and dryer vent cleaning. Or how about carpet dyeing? I think there is a guy on this board somewhere that teaches that, isn't there?

Name
Eric
I don't have much advice on the garbage truck but I work full time in the mortgage industry. A couple years ago I worked on a loan for a guy that owns a business renting out the rolloff dumpsters to residential and construction sites and charging by the day. He used F-350's to haul them around, not a huge garbage truck. He made about $150k a year and was a ski bum all winter long. I've looked into it as well but the initial investment can be pretty big.

F

FB7777

There are thousands of examples of business owners diversifying into somewhat unrelated markets.

The prudent reasons are to utilize excess capital or are due to an opportunity that needs equipment to realize it's potential

Going into debt hoping that ' if you build it they will come ' is high risk

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah, t
There are thousands of examples of business owners diversifying into somewhat unrelated markets.

The prudent reasons are to utilize excess capital or are due to an opportunity that needs equipment to realize it's potential

Going into debt hoping that ' if you build it they will come ' is high risk
yeah, the more and more I'm looking at it, the risk factor is rising, and devoting my time to reach my desired numbers seems a lot more, which will have a negative effect on my cc business

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Not if you win. I win the lottery, I'd start a Mikeysboard grant program for struggling cleaners.
I'll put that on my list of things to do if I win also.

How could that be arranged? And how could you tell who is and who isn't taking advantage of the program?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Like the quote from a twilight zone " You're a very bad bad man"

F

FB7777

IMG_0234.JPG

I think I found a good start up garbage truck Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think might be a business to get into:

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/bfs/5924431787.html

I would hire them to take care of my trashcans if someone was around me.
I think you'd have to be in a very wealthy area for that to work. I saw that, and considered it for about 5min. Then I thought about the majority of people around here.

You'd need thousands of customers whereas we only need 400-600+ customers to make a decent living

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom