A business add on that I'm considering, and I feel you should consider also

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I thought about doing that after I watched that episode. Then I realized...I don't pick up shit...I suck it up

Reactions: Jimmy L

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lemme know how it goes. I've givin it some serious thought.

I mean haul trash for cash. Smell like trash...look like trash...whistle at the hot chic's on my route and act like trash. Whurr does I signs up?

:biggrin:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Lemme know how it goes. I've givin it some serious thought.

I mean haul trash for cash. Smell like trash...look like trash...whistle at the hot chic's on my route and act like trash. Whurr does I signs up?

:biggrin:
It'll be very professional. I'm looking at getting an 8yard isuzu garbage truck, so a truck driver's license won't be needed. I'm gonna visit my local junkyard and ask them how much it'll cost to dump 144yards/week. I found a formula that 300customers will be about 144 yards of trash. With the amount of money I'll need to borrow, it'll be expected to be a 10year loan at around 9% interest.

Once again, if I don't like the numbers I'll just throw that idea away and keep pushing on what I've already got. But one thing won't be is smelling like trash. It'll be a very professional setup. There's a bunch of dudes with ancient pickup truck with hand made 8ft tall boxes added to their bed hauling trash. I'll dominate that market if I get into it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Maybe by this time next year you can afford a VAN for your carpet cleaning business!
He wants to get a loan to buy a real garbage truck but he's fine with a trailer for his carpet cleaning business... :headscratch:

There's a bunch of dudes with ancient pickup truck with hand made 8ft tall boxes added to their bed hauling trash.
and one guy with a trailer hauling a carpet cleaning machine... :eekk: Hello...:dejection: Anyone there?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
He wants to get a loan to buy a real garbage truck but he's fine with a trailer for his carpet cleaning business... :headscratch:

and one guy with a trailer hauling a carpet cleaning machine... :eekk: Hello...:dejection: Anyone there?
You would be very surprised how many compliments I get with my setup from people just walking by and my current customers. Plus, it's an awesome billboard

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
bad-trailer-ute.jpg

:winky:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
good lord Matt.

FOCUS!

junk hauling and carpet cleaning aint going to work together.

Hell, water damage and rug washing don't even work with being a one trucker.

and no, fresh corn dogs dont either.
I remember seeing that picture, haha:yawn:

But I have no desire being in major water damage. I might get into rug washing when I get the space to invest in a rug washing setup. That won't be anytime soon though. Right now, I'm just brainstorming out loud. Thanks for putting up with me rambling

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, so much wrong with that perspective.
My point was, I can't keep digging the hole of debt in the business that's paying for it any deeper than it is. I know you're thinking "well you're looking at digging a hole deep as hell with the garbage business". That is a totally different source of income, and if it won't deliver any profit after the expenses, it's not possible.

That's my perspective. My mind might be twisted, but it's keeping you guys entertained

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Where's a pic of this trailer? I wanna see what it looks like.
Here's one with my previous truck mount and my previous truck that pulled it. It's not a fancy $2500 wrap, but the lettering is bold and easy to read, and I get great feedback from it.

The thing I learned most from getting calls while I'm driving down the road is the back of the trailer to be lettered correctly. I have only 3 things on the back: Logo, the phrase "carpet cleaning", and the phone number. There's no need to put your website or even your business name, and PLEASE don't be stupid enough to use cursive lettering! If you have a good logo, and a clean van or trailer, that'll tell the customer everything they need to know. I get calls all the time just from my riggity trailer.

0412161353.jpg

DSC00209.JPG

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I have to make it work. I have 5 more years until I can invest in a box truck

What am I missing here....You have to wait 5 years to invest in a box truck for carpet cleaning, but somehow you can invest in a trash truck now? Why not take the trash truck "investment" and put it toward growing your carpet cleaning business or the truck for carpet cleaning?

Reactions: Connor and Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What am I missing here....You have to wait 5 years to invest in a box truck for carpet cleaning, but somehow you can invest in a trash truck now? Why not take the trash truck "investment" and put it toward growing your carpet cleaning business or the truck for carpet cleaning?
I don't see my cc business getting any more income from just a box truck, whereas a line of 300+ customers from a different business has the potential to bring in an extra amount of income. It's no different than someone who owns a business investing in rental houses. I'll be using my same customer list to bring in the extra $$$$$$ with almost no major marketing

F

FB7777

The consensus message here Matt is that you are searching for a new revenue stream in an entirely unrelated field without focusing on improving your existing business

You already have all the necessary equipment and knowledge to expand your business

I don't know anything about the size of your operation, if you have an employee or not .

I have the cash to buy into any type of service business.

If I want to improve my bottom line , I would maximize the return on my existing capital first, not jump into more debt and start a new business

The possible exception may be if you have contracts lined up in advance

Is it possible that you don't want to continue in the carpet cleaning business And are searching for a different path?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The consensus message here Matt is that you are searching for a new revenue stream in an entirely unrelated field without focusing on improving your existing business

You already have all the necessary equipment and knowledge to expand your business

I don't know anything about the size of your operation, if you have an employee or not .

I have the cash to buy into any type of service business.

If I want to improve my bottom line , I would maximize the return on my existing capital first, not jump into more debt and start a new business

The possible exception may be if you have contracts lined up in advance

Is it possible that you don't want to continue in the carpet cleaning business And are searching for a different path?
That's the reason I'm bringing this up

I am focusing on improving my existing business. I've made a bunch of changes and investments in my current market that's showing positive growth

As for the contracts lined up in advance. That's why I'll market to my current customers before I do anything to see if there's a chance this will work

And searching for a different path...I'm kinda in the mindset of preparing for a different path to fall back on if I'm pushing a wand in my 60s. Just look how freaking grumpy Jimmy is.

Reactions: FB7777 and Mikey P
F

FB7777

Investments, rental properties, cleaning employees all provide revenue without physical input

Trash hauling is just a different ' vehicle"

One of my customers has a dump truck and a small hydraulic compactor for trash removal, at 55 he's looking to sell and get a job. His employees are transient and he's sick of busting his hump at 4am until 1pm . Receivables are a bitch too

Grass ain't that green on that side of the fence

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Matt, You have been given more good advice than anyone else I know of from the people on this board. Successful people. My understanding is the small amount of advice you have accepted has helped your business.
You are a young likable guy and I hope you listen to and emulate the successful ones here. Fred Boyle to name one.
60 is coming whether you like it or not... I'm fine with it...excited to push a wand again... I don't have to...I actually want to...have missed it. That is hard to explain to people but I actually loved doing it. So... last advice from me in this thread...
Take your business to the next level and enjoy the ride. All the best.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and FB7777

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom