Tom Conway Devpro Wand, board hype...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Nope, just trying to flood the carpet, yesterday I did two apartments,@ 800 sf of carpet each, did zipper passes on them both after my prevac, I wanded them out in about 25 minutes each. They were empties then one house furnished, home by 2...... So I took a little Marty (nap), Then went and worked on wand parts

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Did this at the end of the day today. Wanted to show water recovery. This is at 600 psi wet forward n back

If you are using 600psi, is that at the machine while triggered or UnTriggered? Some machines drop 25-50 psi when triggered, and some drop 100-200 psi.

What are the 4 jets orifice size?

1/4 or 3/8 inch solution hose? More drop with quarter inch at end of hose run than with 3/8 inch hose.

So hard to determine real world water flow due to differences in equipment. Temperature much the same way.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I'm just showing the water recovery, wand is all 1/4 lines with 02 jets or 8 flow.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I have raced and moded thingss from when I was a kid at 16 from my Vw bug, jet skis, dirt bikes, glamis Cr 500 alcohol burning three wheeler, Halet flat bottom circle boat, to my Cr 125 shifter cart. My street bikes were fast enough, or maybe I was just getting smarter in my older age lol, Me and my buddies were always trying to out do one another......always. Engines are vacuums with gasoline...or alcohol just added to the mix.
This is so much fun, I really do enjoy this kinda stuff. When I went up to PMF a few months ago it was funny because big Kurt knew exactly where I was coming from when we started talking about all the things we have modified in our past days lol

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
My mom was the only one that was happy when I slammed my mini truck with air shocks so I could remove the reflectors off the highways when some a hole was tailgating me. "Finally something slow in this kids life" The only thing she didn't like was hearing NWA from two miles away where we would go test out our stereos. I was one of the original starters of a mini truck clubs that is now worldwide.
I left that scene after a drive by that happened to one of our members houses.

Reactions: Nate The Great

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Tom, that Damon dude and I are supposed to ride on my birthday weekend

We'll see if Tommy boy is a redneck motorhead...
I don't ride hardly at all anymore Mike, my life views have changed, and I have a lot of responsibilities, until I have things set up right for my family till then I don't do much.
I have always said to anyone who is thinking about getting a street bike DO YOU LOVE TO RIDE ENOUGH TO DIE FOR IT? IF NOT DONT GET A BIKE PERIOD. Like I said my views have changed and I can't answer that question anymore

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't ride hardly at all anymore Mike, my life views have changed, and I have a lot of responsibilities, until I have things set up right for my family till then I don't do much.
I have always said to anyone who is thinking about getting a street bike DO YOU LOVE TO RIDE ENOUGH TO DIE FOR IT? IF NOT DONT GET A BIKE PERIOD. Like I said my views have changed and I can't answer that question anymore

dude, I was kidding...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
dude, I was kidding...
I am in a very heavy place in my life, I have a few more things left to try and do, one I was talking to you about the other day. I really want to try and make my family have some sort of security, I really owe it to them, just for the fact that this stuff has robbed so much of my time...my little man who named the dev filter is going to be driving NEXT YEAR...
Me and @Erik have had several phone calls and even though our products are very different, boy our stories of our passion and what we have gone through is so identical. Many think it is all fun and games but we have sacrificed so much family time.
I kinda know you were joking, kinda

Mikey P

Administrator
Your wand, Saiger's Sauce or Erik's Zipper are no different than MB when it comes to what you all and I have to do with either in regards to the families that put up with our passion, time and investment.

You and Mark have already figured it out but tell Erik to stay the F off ****.

His heart can't take the evil pos.

Name
Scott Turknett
That's why I have a Rokon!

Reactions: Cleanworks

Robseyes

Name
Bob
With the crazy amount of air flow this wand has, is it hard to push? I'm using a SS 570 with a Wander's filter. I'm used to an old school Prochem Quad & the stock SS wand that came with my machine. I'm interested in the Devpro, but I would have to be able to try it first. Do you have a demo wand Tom? Thanks.

Bob

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
With the crazy amount of air flow this wand has, is it hard to push? I'm using a SS 570 with a Wander's filter. I'm used to an old school Prochem Quad & the stock SS wand that came with my machine. I'm interested in the Devpro, but I would have to be able to try it first. Do you have a demo wand Tom? Thanks.

Bob
There's no need to demo it. I know you don't know me, so I understand if you don't believe me. but there's a video with us guys using the wand at Mikey'sFest in Nashville. @Mark Saiger has it. Maybe he can find it and paste it to this thread. We all loved the wand. You don't have to worry about it locking down.

Since you're used to using a prochem quad, I can tell you this: For my first two years as a rug sucker when I was 17-19, I used a prochem quad with no glide. Then when I got in business for myself I used the prochem quad for another year. I got another one and used it with a full glide, and used it with only a single lip glide. So I know how you feel about being concerned with it locking down. Tom's wand has none of those characteristics of locking down. It feels very similar to the way the Mach15 connects to the carpet, yet allows you to move it without feeling locked to it.

Reactions: Robseyes

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
There's no need to demo it. I know you don't know me, so I understand if you don't believe me. but there's a video with us guys using the wand at Mikey'sFest in Nashville. @Mark Saiger has it. Maybe he can find it and paste it to this thread. We all loved the wand. You don't have to worry about it locking down.

Since you're used to using a prochem quad, I can tell you this: For my first two years as a rug sucker when I was 17-19, I used a prochem quad with no glide. Then when I got in business for myself I used the prochem quad for another year. I got another one and used it with a full glide, and used it with only a single lip glide. So I know how you feel about being concerned with it locking down. Tom's wand has none of those characteristics of locking down. It feels very similar to the way the Mach15 connects to the carpet, yet allows you to move it without feeling locked to it.

Take a look at around 5:20 in this video of Matt using the wand

And cleaning a small area rug

And the first time my guys got to use the wand at home in Minnesota

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer

Bob

Jim Martin, Dan Laurie and I all have the 570 SS and bought the DEVPRO wand. To be honest, I too was concerned that the wand would be hard to push since the wand was designed for smaller machines. No issue whatsoever. Buy the damn thing, worth every penny. I came from a Prochem TI six jet.

Robseyes

Name
Bob
Wow....thanks for all the replies! It must be good to have everyone raving about it. My reason for wanting to try it is the price......at that $1800 price point I gotta be able to demo it. That's just too much for a leap of faith. Those videos at Mikey's fest were awesome ...thanks for sharing Mark! I love that kind of gathering. One that benefits a terrific cause ....kudos everyone!

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
IMG_20161024_191659705.jpg

Got them in, @Jim Martin s suggestion was done to this run of glides.
@Wandslinger I have found better heat shield grip, and solved the issue for trigger finger.
Marty let me know okay. I used the hole glide briefly today on just a small apartment, and it is definitely easier to move wand...I am very happy with the fit and finish

Reactions: hogjowl

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I love the short slot glide. Most carpets it pushes just fine. When I run in to one that pushes hard I just turn the TM down. Carpet still dries super quick.

Heat shield can be a bit of a hang up as the edge has curled on me a few times. No big deal though.

What's the trigger finger issue? Haven't experienced anything on my end.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I love the short slot glide. Most carpets it pushes just fine. When I run in to one that pushes hard I just turn the TM down. Carpet still dries super quick.

Heat shield can be a bit of a hang up as the edge has curled on me a few times. No big deal though.

What's the trigger finger issue? Haven't experienced anything on my end.

This is a killer statement, and one I would hope to come. Yes on my legend it works awesome but when we hooked it to Mark Saiger butler I was NOT expecting that kind of bite, the awesome thing is the TM's today most are producing really good heat so it may be very possible to turn some TM's down and still get really good recovery. Saving fuel is always a good thing.
The hole glide is not super small but still it is hole glide so prevac is going to most likely need to be done prior....but there is no hacks here so it shouldn't be a problem. :biggrin::biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom