Tom Conway Devpro Wand, board hype...

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by Wandslinger, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Wandslinger
    Wandslinger

Name:
    Tom Meyer
    or is it?

I purchased one at the same time Jim Martin did. Both he and I scoped out that wand all three days of the convention. We put it through all sorts of tests and compared them to the wands like the TI wand and Dangs Wand. It absolutely smoked them. I've been cleaning with a TI wand for years. I change out the jets at least once a year with a 9 flow and use a 570ss. Maybe my wand was just old and tired (like me) because the results are stellar. Like Jim said, Tom absolutely nailed it. I'm not going to say it's fun cleaning again, but it makes it so much easier and efficient. Its like going from a portable to a truck mount. You can clean with both but great results are easier to achieve with the right tools. I'll make some videos for Marty....
  2. Larry Cobb
    Larry Cobb

Supportive Member

Name:
    Larry Cobb
    Wands can make a big difference in cleaning results.
    Swivels can make the job easier by maneuvering around corners and under beds.
    The real question is comparing all 3 current swivel wands @ $749 Mytee, $995 Dang and $1700 for Devastator.
    If you have 3 or 4 techs, which wand would you buy ?
    Matt Wood likes this.
  3. Kellie Hiler
    Kellie Hiler

Supportive Member

Name:
    Kellie Hiler
    I would buy the devastator ones for all of my techs. Not just because of the performance but for their sakes to make the job easier on their bodies. When you give them nice equipment to work with as long as they are good technicians they will appreciate it. It shows an investment in them and in the business and in theory should make them care more as well .
    Not to mention the fact that these ones will last a lot longer than the cheap ones so in the long run it's going to save you money.
    Nomad74, Russ T., Todd Millar and 2 others like this.
  4. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Market adjustments are coming..
  5. Jim Martin
    Jim Martin

Supportive Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    with no question....I would and I am going to buy another one of Tom's wands when or if I am ready to hire another employee.....after what I have seen this wand do for the last 4 days...I would be a fool to buy anything else...there is not a single wand out there on the market that can preform the way this one does...so even trying to compare it to anything out there is a mute point.... ...Tom raised the bar...and it is going to be a hard one to beat..........

I was a avid rotary cleaner...I have yet to pull one off my truck.........
  6. Larry Cobb
    Larry Cobb

Supportive Member

Name:
    Larry Cobb
    Whoa . . . .

Jim, are you saying that it has displaced your Rotary Extractors ??

:icon_rolleyes:
    SamIam likes this.
  7. Jim Martin
    Jim Martin

Supportive Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Yep....I sold one Hoss before I left the show...I will be selling the other after the January show...
    Kellie Hiler, Matt Wood and TConway like this.
  8. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    :eekk:Thats a hell of a bold move..:eekk:

I've been dancing with a Dang since Vegas

Its a lot of unnecessary work fighting that crack whore swivle
  9. Jim Martin
    Jim Martin

Supportive Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    dont worry..I am not that stupid...just because I have not pulled one off the truck does not mean I dont need one...I just wont be using one like I use to..I am pretty sure even Larry knows better then that...
  10. TConway
    TConway

Supportive Member

Name:
    Thomas Conway
    I'm not sure how things are gonna pan out, as far as price IDK. Just taking each day one at a time.
    I said in the beginning the swivel was NOT my main focus. Performance was, I do believe without any doubt a Devastator wand and Filter will truly deliver performance out of mid sized TM's.
    Also think about this a larger TM may be able to be turned down and still get amazing results, if this is true how much fuel, wear and tear be saved?
    Nomad74, Russ T., Mark Saiger and 5 others like this.
  11. Wandslinger
    Wandslinger

Name:
    Tom Meyer
    Tom, you are going down as a true pioneer in the carpet cleaning world. You have turned the industry upside down especially for smaller machines. Great Job!
  12. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Most in the industry are not aware yet of how Tom is going to rock the boat.

Hold on tight, some will sink.
    Nomad74, Russ T., Todd Millar and 4 others like this.
  13. Goomer
    Goomer

Name:
    Frank Mendo
    I don't think most board hype is necessarily a bad thing assuming you take into consideration which board it is coming from.

Rarely is a hyped product completely sh!t.

It would have to have something going for it to get a good hype out of it.

The more a product is hyped, the more closely it is scrutinized, which is certainly a value.
  14. Jim Martin
    Jim Martin

Supportive Member

Name:
    Jim Martin

the performance of that wand is totally amazing..and I don't think you could of dialed in more perfect then what you have...the way the air moves through the vacuum chamber and removes the crap out of the carpets... ...I have never seen a wand do this...
    Normally when you wand clean and after a good pre vac..you really dont have much in your filters...I am still amazed at what is in my filters after I clean with this wand...
    As I said at the show....the swivel is just a perk...its all about what the wand can deliver...but after using it for 3 or 4 days...I can say I could never go back to a straight wand again...its set to where the head does not flop around and stays straight but if you need it to pivot...it is nice and smooth and turns with no effort at all...I am not into all the board hype crap and I really dont believe to much of what I here any more...and there is a ton of wands out there that no matter how hard people tried...when the smoke cleared and the dust settled.....its still nothing more then a wand...but your wand caught my attention before the show and one of the main reasons why I even went was to see for myself what it could do....and as I said before...you should be very proud of what you accomplished...not to often in this industry does something come along that is a total game changer..but this wand definitely set the bar....
    Russ T., SamIam, Todd Millar and 4 others like this.
  15. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    I've got one.
    No need for a video.
    Mark Saiger and Kellie Hiler like this.
  16. Jim Pemberton
    Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.

Name:
    Jim Pemberton
    "When Jim Martin speaks......"
  17. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    Visions of Vortex demons dance through my head ...
  18. Kellie Hiler
    Kellie Hiler

Supportive Member

Name:
    Kellie Hiler
    The Dev filter completely changed the performance and maintenance of my old White Magic. I just can't even begin to imagine how much the combo of that and the wand would've changed things! It is so true that they will make a winning combo.....quite revolutionary if you ask me!
    Marty......I know, no one asked me! :p
    Todd Millar and TConway like this.
  19. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    I'll be in SCRUZ in two weeks

Bring two wands down and we'll go figure out how to dial them into 6008 blowers

And we can see how they work at crushing zombie heads.
    Kellie Hiler and Todd Millar like this.
  20. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Tom Meyer the real question that you left unsaid...

Does the wand leave the carpet fluffier?

On another note, how long have we known each other and have I ever steered you wrong with tool advice?
    Kellie Hiler and Lee Stockwell like this.