The birth of an Aero Tech XT

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Arizona is in its own special bubble in this world from the other cleaners i've chatted with there about dry times....lol

we are a very dry climate and dry times ( if you do it right ) are not a real concern.......

but just like other cleaners in other states....we have the clients that bitch about other companies over wetting there carpets and them taking days to finally dry....
and there is your true example of lack of professionalism.............

Mikey P

Administrator
In all fairness, Jim did set up his thermal wave to look exactly like a Vortex...

The "V" box with the big hose reel, same door set up etc..

The whole look really does imply "professionalism" more so than any cargo or cube van does

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
In all fairness, Jim did set up his thermal wave to look exactly like a Vortex...

The "V" box with the big hose reel, same door set up etc..

The whole look really does imply "professionalism" more so than any cargo or cube van does

But it does not make me any more of a professional then anyone else on this board...........

[video=youtube_share;AT59TmMZIyE]http://youtu.be/AT59TmMZIyE[/video]

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes & no.
I don't think any of my clients know or care what vehicle is in their driveway being used to clean there carpet.

We will send a Butler in a box, a Butler in an extended body van, a Prochem in a extended van, Prochem's in Isuzu's or Spartan box. Never had a single question as to why different trucks are used when they call for cleaning.

Other cleaners, yes they will recognize it as being the top dog as far as cleaning machines.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Mikey P

Administrator
Lol..when was the last time you went out and cleaned a residential carpet?

Not every but enough customers, both current and future, notice a Big Truck and love the image it portrays about your commitment to your profession

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lol..when was the last time you went out and cleaned a residential carpet?

Not every but enough customers, both current and future, notice a Big Truck and love the image it portrays about your commitment to your profession
Glad you asked! With the majority of the crews tied up with 2 mold jobs (12 guys, 6-days a week), plus a fire packout and on location cleaning I was out twice last week. 1-day I cleaned three residential jobs two here in Topeka, one in Lawrence. We used two different trucks, we just switched trucks rather than restock the first one ready. :redface:

Not one of the clients even looked outside let alone go out to see the truck. Now if I had a brand new Aerotech, I'd have told each client about it and had them go out to see what I was using to clean their carpet.

The following day I saw a competitor staring pretty good at the Butler in a box, we were doing a Frat house and he was next door doing another with what looked like a PC Legend.

This is the third week of them on a large mold project and while it was fun cleaning the first couple of times...........it's not anymore. :winky:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was cleaning a school today and couldn't help but think how nice it would have been to have an Aerotec sitting out front with two 250 ft. hose lines working. Sure, I could buy one more unit for around $60,000 and have had two vans there, but I STILL wouldn't have had a number 6 blowers performance.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I was cleaning a school today and couldn't help but think how nice it would have been to have an Aerotec sitting out front with two 250 ft. hose lines working. Sure, I could buy one more unit for around $60,000 and have had two vans there, but I STILL wouldn't have had a number 6 blowers performance.

I clean Katie's school twice a year.....4 buildings......

one of the buildings is 2 story and there are a total of 6 large class rooms 3 on each side of the halls on both floors......
the other 3 are single story and one is just a huge open room and the other is a long hall and 4 large class rooms......
and the office area with 8 medium size offices and reception area....

it normally takes me 3 days to clean all of this......day one...I clean the entire 2 story building.....2nd day ..the huge open building and the one with the 4 class rooms....3rd day the I clean the office....

I have cleaned this 3 different ways...by myself.....with a helper running one extra solution line and pre spraying a head so the Hoss never stopped.......and this last time with both trucks......

by myself was a killer......with a helper....it was better and saved about a day......

with both the Thermalwave and the 570.......the entire school was done in a day....

the thermal wave carries the larger hose reel....so it was set up to do the 2 story...the 570 moved from building to building cleaning all the others.....

made more money doing the job this way even if you take into account the extra truck and paying someone....and one truck was not stuck all day at one building dual wanding.....

I have done the school for about 4 years......some other cleaner has always done the church area....why I don't know and really don't care.......this year I was asked to give a bid on the church..this building is massive......it came out to almost 4k.......I will do it for the first time this coming December.....I could set up just one truck and duel wand this one.......but I would be further a head running both and hitting it from both sides....

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim.. is not clear if you ever really dual wanded that school with yourvortex...?

My guys did a school today.. not sure how it went but I'll report back..

no but I dual wanded all of those car dealer ships with my old vortex and it did just fine.....but I learned that as good as duel wanding is...there are better ways of getting it done....more so..if you have more then one building and you can keep one truck mobile....as described above.....

Mikey P

Administrator
They did 8 large class rooms without moving the truck, 4900 sq ft in 6 hours, pre vac, pre spray, two wands running the whole time.
.30 a foot, not great but good enough.

Tomorrow I have a sub doing the VCT for $685

Most jobs this size we Cimex for the same rate, go quicker and don't use all that gas. BUT.

there are kids involved obviously so not scrub and run allowed

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Out of curiosity Jim, how many jobs to you do a month in your busy seasons?

there I a lot of a variables there but on average....3 to 4 jobs a day and i do 3 jobs ....2 Saturdays a month....
In our busy season I am doing 4 to 5 a day.....Same on Saturdays.....

being in our Arizona bubble.....we work year round....we don't face the harsh winters as most do here.....

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
We dual wanded a 2800 sqft house yesterday with the 777, 125ft of 2" in the basement, 175ft upstairs 2 stories up, RPM's set to 1750, HG read 17 with both wands on the floor.

Couldn't tell when the other wand was on the floor or not, or could tell if the trigger was keyed. Both wands are 15 flow, 2"

Finished the house in 40 minutes, from when we drove up, and when we drove away, Was an empty foreclosure, $350 and a neighbor called the number on the truck to setup an appointment.

There is just NO WAY I will ever run my business without a V/AT or similar powered machine. The image alone is worth its weight in gold.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
When used for their production and true power a smaller machine cannot begin to compare. But for some people mediocre is ok. I am not referring to Chavez at all. :0

Glad that truck is working out for you. You will need to sign up for a call service to handle all of the walk ups and calls coming in from the marketing the big truck supplies. :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dude we're taking the cost of your Vett! :eekk:

I definitely can see it if you have a shit load of commercial work and can run dual wands, but for residential?

You're just driving up the cost of sale for no more reason than to make up for one's short comings in other areas! :p
After all, we are just talking about carpet cleaning with it aren't we? I mean I can't move my family in to live in it can I? It cost more than my double wide without all the features my double wide has. :headbang:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I would also like to see the 3000 psf option! Since the heat exchanger is built using SS tubes and not copper it seems feasible. I would really like to have the ability to add on "true" hot water pressure washing for my restaurant clients and do the best job possible! I could "easily" add 2-3 grand a month which would more than cover the expense of the A/T. A/T any considerations on this?

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Aero Tech XT

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy Wilson
Third Stage:

Chassis Prep / Mounting Box:

Here we install the PTO to the transmission, Solenoid that controls it, exhaust diverter valve in the exhaust system, solenoid that controls it.

2014 Isuzu NQR (17,950 GVWR) 5.2 L, 210 hp, diesel engine
View attachment 2667

Transmission driven PTO. We will later connect a drive shaft, pulley, and belts to run the vacuum blower and water pump.

View attachment 2668

Getting ready to mount the box to the chassis. First we lay a strip of 1/2 plastic on top of the frame to give a barrier between the frame and the box.

View attachment 2669

And now they are one!
View attachment 2670

Aero Tech XT

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy Wilson
Fourth Stage:

Assembly of major components:
Here we have attached items like; auto shutoff float valve, water level indicator, water inlet filter, low temp header, water pressure regulator, low water level shutoff switch, and DUAL CHEMICAL tanks (not standard). **standard pkg includes a single 7 gal chemical tank.

View attachment 2671

Look at that #6 blower.....what a monster!
here we have attached the pulley, upgraded drain kits, and oil level indicators (all STD features)
View attachment 2672

Not much assembly since we moved external strainers to the side door, but here is the recovery tank. That is a 5" vacuum inlet connection on the right side of the tank.
View attachment 2673

Here we have mounted our E-1 heat exchanger to the fresh water tank
(this is a U - bend exchanger that when straightened out is 96" long!)

View attachment 2674

we have assembled the vacuum hose reel and are attaching the Dual Pressure Regulator (not STD feature). this will allow 1 tool cleaning tile at say 1200 psi and another tool cleaning carpet at say 500 psi, or carpet at 500 psi and upholstry at 150 psi, etc.
View attachment 2675

Mikey P

Administrator
Seriously, the Bugatti of Suck Mops.
thumbup.gif

Back
Top Bottom