Name
Jeremy Wilson

Aero Tech XT

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy Wilson
So it's marine grade carpet?

Wikipedia explains it best.....

Olefin fibers have great bulk and cover while having low specific gravity. This means “warmth without the weight.”[1] The fibers have low moisture absorption, but they can wick moisture and dry quickly.[2] Olefin is abrasion, stain, sunlight, fire, and chemical resistant. It does not dye well, but has the advantage of being colorfast. Since Olefin has a low melting point, textiles can be thermally bonded. The fibers have the lowest static of all manufactured fibers and a medium luster. One of the most important properties of olefin is its strength. It keeps its strength in wet or dry conditions and is very resilient. The fiber can be produced for strength of different properties.

Aero Tech XT

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy Wilson
Second Stage

Building stocking components such as:
  • fresh water tanks
  • recovery tanks
  • vacuum hose reels
  • solution hose reels
  • heat exchangers
  • external strainers
  • shelving / brackets
  • and much much more

we manufacture these stocking components in QTY's to help keep the cost down.

Here we are manufacturing fresh water tanks. We have taken a flat sheet of 304 stainless steel and
Punched, rolled, and spot weled so we can weld the seam.

View attachment 2588

Fresh water tanks.....notice the extra strips of stainless spot welded to the shell. These are the pads the legs get welded to
for extra support and rigidity.
View attachment 2589

Fresh water tanks
View attachment 2590

Here we are welding all components to the fresh water tanks.
end caps, inner coil to pre-heat tank, couplings, legs, etc.
View attachment 2591

these tanks will get a orbital sanded finish removing all of the weld tint before being assembled into a XT Package.
View attachment 2592

Aero Tech XT

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy Wilson
E-1 HEAT EXCHANGERS

Here the outer shells have been cut to length in our saw work center, they have gone into our machine shop
to get the holes drilled into them.

View attachment 2593

all of the inner tubes have been cut to length
View attachment 2594

here we are welding up the baffles and rods to create the tube bundle that will be inserted into the shell.
View attachment 2595

View attachment 2596

Dave Rampage

I have owned many different truckmounts over the years. My Aero Tech has by far been the best machine I have ever owned. I can't understand how anyone that calls themselves a professional doesn't seriously look at these machines. I understand if you cannot afford one but you can save. Most try to justify why they don't need one and all the reasons I have ever heard are dead wrong. I think it's un professional to not want to give your customers the best. Many will argue my last sentence and it's up to a true professional cleaner to read what I said and figure it all out.

Thank you Aero Tech for building a quality machine and just being a great company. I find it ironic how I was shunned when I stuck up for Aero Tech when everyone thought they were the evil company. I remember the boys from FMI at Mikey Fest 1 saying how backwards Aero Tech built their trucks. I was lucky and got mine because Shawn wasn't paying FMI and I didn't trust Shawn to deliver even though he wanted me to wait. I took my chance on this evil company and am so glad I did. It's time I get to say to Mike and others I told you so! I hope many of you learned through the Vortex mania to be careful of board hype.

I had 2 Vortex's but bought them before they were the talk of the board.

Dave

Reactions: Cleantechsk
F

FB7777

Great thread keep it coming.

So what is the final anticipated purchase price of this build?

My guess is the cost of 2 one year old fully loaded Butler units

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Great thread keep it coming.

So what is the final anticipated purchase price of this build?

My guess is the cost of 2 one year old fully loaded Butler units

Aaaaand we are back to the age old argument...one big truck dual wanding or two smaller trucks doing two separate jobs simultaniously.

Michael, I don't think aerothech is sharing anything too specific. I think its more like showing the steps of the built. Anyone can figure out specifics without seeing the built.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Aaaaand we are back to the age old argument...one big truck
link1.gif
dual wanding or two smaller trucks doing two separate jobs simultaneously.
If I were an owner op I'd love an Aerotech, there are awesome units, I saw Billy Hicks unit run in Nashville. Sweet machine!!!

However as an owner sending out employees I'd rather have the two Butlers. You can be at two different locations cleaning, your fresh and recovery capacity is doubled, should the unit go down for any reason you still have one running to finish the project.

Reactions: Billy

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If I were an owner op I'd love an Aerotech, there are awesome units, I saw Billy Hicks unit run in Nashville. Sweet machine!!!

However as an owner sending out employees I'd rather have the two Butlers. You can be at two different locations cleaning, your fresh and recovery capacity is doubled, should the unit go down for any reason you still have one running to finish the project.

That's my view as well. I always feel its better to have two than one big one.

But let's see more of this at. I really like this truck!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I can't understand how anyone that calls themselves a professional doesn't seriously look at these machines. I understand if you cannot afford one but you can save. Most try to justify why they don't need one and all the reasons I have ever heard are dead wrong. I think it's un professional to not want to give your customers the best. Many will argue my last sentence and it's up to a true professional cleaner to read what I said and figure it all out.

I took my chance on this evil company and am so glad I did. It's time I get to say to Mike and others I told you so! I hope many of you learned through the Vortex mania to be careful of board hype.

I had 2 Vortex's but bought them before they were the talk of the board. Dave
So, Dave, what's your post more about: Hyper professional advise or self congratulating?
We're getting confused here. Then, again, it could be that we ain't professional enough to differentiate between the two.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I looked and they are nice machines, this is true!

Many ways to skin a cat, plus if Cintas feels they still need a CRB and a Zipper to produce their end product then I think most us are still in the game!

A well trained tech using good solutions and equipment can out clean an average cleaner with great equipment.

Reactions: KevinL

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Originally Posted by Dave Rampage I can't understand how anyone that calls themselves a professional doesn't seriously look at these machines. I understand if you cannot afford one but you can save. Most try to justify why they don't need one and all the reasons I have ever heard are dead wrong. I think it's un professional to not want to give your customers the best. Many will argue my last sentence and it's up to a true professional cleaner to read what I said and figure it all out.

I took my chance on this evil company and am so glad I did. It's time I get to say to Mike and others I told you so! I hope many of you learned through the vortex
link1.gif
mania to be careful of board hype.

I had 2 vortex
link1.gif
's but bought them before they were the talk of the board. Dave

I ran a 2006........6008 A/T built Vortex for 4 1/2 years.....it did not make me any more of a professional then the next cleaner.....great machine..A/T did a good job building it......it gave me a few headaches....but ALL machines do.....I utilized it for what it was capable of doing until I did not need it anymore and it helped put me where I am today.....
but I just did not need it anymore and could tell where the future of the Vortex was heading.....

being on both sides of this fence...what I learned is...both the set ups that I run today..the thermalwave and the 570....... can do everything that the 6008 Vortex could.....I can still dual wand......I still get great dry times......and I am still no more of a professional then any one else....just because of what machine I use......and I am still giving my clients the very best.........

Back when A/T was building the Vortex.there was really no huge difference between the A/T and the Vortex.....these machines had to change when the exhaust diverter was no longer working because of the truck emissions and there down fall with you know who..........

A/T big change at the time was to put that huge HX under the hose reel..( pretty sure that is the one Hicks has )....aside from that and a probably a few other things.....the basic nuts and bolts is still the Vortex design.........

Reactions: SamIam
Back
Top Bottom