Some suggestions please (pump problem)

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
We did several more jobs but had to keep repriming . It only did 6 jobs before the prime problem started again

Last edited:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Fred we know how to prime it by now. We did it dozens of times over the past few weeks. But now we're at a point where we cannot prime it again and even if we got it there is an air leak somewhere and this will continue to happen so it doesn't matter if we can prime it or not.

FredC

Village Idiot
You have two options.....locate where the air is coming from...............install a demand pump (probably need to reconfigure the water flow system for this)

My experience with the unit suggest there isn't anything wrong with it........

but there isn't a lot of places the air could be coming from

The connection to the fresh tank
the connection to the water box
the chem feed system
the hose from the "junction" to the pump inlet

cobb.jpg

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
"My experience with the unit suggest there isn't anything wrong with it........"

Well there has to be something wrong to keep losing the prime? Its used every day and has never been run dry. There is an air leak for sure it's just a matter of finding it.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Today I had the valve to the water box open the valve to the water tank off. I kept a hose in the water box to keep it full and hooked up the wand. It would pull the water out of the water box but very slowly but never got enough pressure to move the gage. I did this for 20 minutes and all it did was keep emptying the water box

FredC

Village Idiot
Like I said.............. I will drive up there and look if you can't fix it...... because I said I would. I'm just not sure why we are discussing this 3 weeks out when it has supposedly been doing this since I went and primed the pump. Except now there has been additional "work" done to it.

let me know tomorrow...and I'll be there Friday

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Not sure what any of that means Fred ?
Were discussing this 3 weeks later because I was gone for almost 2 weeks after you fixed it and the week I have been back I tried to get it working myself and I did get it working several times it just wont hold.
The only "additional" work I have done to it is prime it exactly the way you did.

FredC

Village Idiot
Not sure what any of that means Fred ?
Were discussing this 3 weeks later because I was gone for almost 2 weeks after you fixed it and the week I have been back I tried to get it working myself and I did get it working several times it just wont hold.
The only "additional" work I have done to it is prime it exactly the way you did.

"Well back to square 1. Freds fix lasted about 3 jobs. "

Did you do those jobs yesterday?

When I talked to you on the phone I said let me know if that doesn't work and I'll happily drive back up (still will). There was no reason for me to assume there was any additional issues given the ease of the fix and the initial issue (not getting water).

Today I get online to a PM that it isn't working at all after only sort of working since I fixed it ....then the bump of this thread.....which you can imagine is a bit of a surprise to me.

That is what that means.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you should take it back to where you bought it and let them show you how to run it or they an fix it IF it's really broke.
same for the 1200

you're too retarded (and likely the jamokes running the TMs too) to be buying TMs from non local sources

That's just the cold hard facts, Dave

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
He's mean drink or sober.

So David, was it just a coincidence that your supportive menbership git canceld the day you and Fred were at it, or do you really feel you arnt being supported in return?

And is your pump fixed?

Last edited:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
A trick to find an air leak it to pressurize the line with a garden hose. The high pressure with cause the small hole to spray a small stream. I assume only one fitting on the pump is being used to deliver water. Take the other one off and install a barbed fitting. Connect a hose with female garden hose fitting. Take off the screen in the tank and plug it. If it's not a threaded fitting a finger will do. Pressurize and see leak. I don't believe it's ever failed for me. I use a similar trick on the chemical system but it's easier. You use a garden hose on the chemical feed line and pressurize it. Any leak and it's very evident.

Gene

Reactions: dgardner
Name
Lee Stockwell
A trick to find an air leak it to pressurize the line with a garden hose. The high pressure with cause the small hole to spray a small stream. I assume only one fitting on the pump is being used to deliver water. Take the other one off and install a barbed fitting. Connect a hose with female garden hose fitting. Take off the screen in the tank and plug it. If it's not a threaded fitting a finger will do. Pressurize and see leak. I don't believe it's ever failed for me. I use a similar trick on the chemical system but it's easier. You use a garden hose on the chemical feed line and pressurize it. Any leak and it's very evident.

Gene
I shared that tip with David via PM earlier.

FredC

Village Idiot
He says he has pressurized the supply side and found no leaks. Also the pump will not pump even when force fed from what I understand.

FredC

Village Idiot
I assumed he was feeding the pump directly to eliminate the possibility...............

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You start drinking again?

No Dave
I just think for a smart biz man, you've really made some of dumbest decisions possible given your complete lack any mechanical aptitude .

He's mean drink or sober

true, but not dangerous anymore :very_drunk:

and interesting dichotomy about me..
I'm the most loving, caring, forgiving person you'll ever meet and the biggest azzhole too....is same shell;)

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
priming it is not the issue...why he has to keep priming it is the problem...if it is draining back every time then I would check and see if it needs a foot valve on the end of the line so that the water only goes one direction...IN...and can not siphon out...even if there is a small air leak...

I did not read to much of this but I do find it hard to believe that all of this nightmare came from one line breaking and having to replace it....should of been nothing but a simple replacement...instead it has turned into a major over haul with so may cooks in the kitchen no one knows what pot to stir......

was this machine working the way is should of been before the hose blew and it got completely over hauled....?????

FredC

Village Idiot
Except he says the pump will not pump water when force-fed at this point.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
not surprised...for a many times it has had to be primed it probably took out the seals again.....these pumps are only going to take so much of that....

If I were standing there I would cut the line and put in a T and then hook a fitting on it so I could connect it to a hose and as I am priming it..turn on a heavy flow and see if it will pick up...if not...then it is time to look at the pump again...because even if there is a small air leak...it will still pick up if you do this...

make this a permeant fitting so when the tank is ran dry...you can always prime the thing with it...and not try to get it going with a dry pump........

Reactions: Mikey P

FredC

Village Idiot
Thats what I said..............but he said he didn't run it dry and that the seals are fine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Thats what I said..............but he said he didn't run it dry and that the seals are fine.

He may not of ran it dry.....but for some reason he has to keep priming it....and when you prime it all the time you are running the pump dry and it is working is ass off trying to suck that water up and get it moving and after so many times it is not going to handle it anymore....and if it will not force feed..then it needs rebuilt....

If he says that they are not running the tank dry...then from where I am sitting ...his biggest problem is keeping the water in the lines so he does not have prime it all the time...for some reason the water is siphoning backwards.....and if that is the case then he should look into installing a foot valve so the water only goes one direction....

@bob vawter ....he should know exactly what I am talking about because if I remember correct he used them in his machines......for that exact reason..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom