PH and Encap

Name
Swani
My shop bay has commercial glue down that was in place when we took over the lease. I was changing the oil in my F250 this winter and dropped the oil filter and got oil on the carpet. It's been driving me nuts, so the other night at the end of day it was pretty nice out, so I decided to do a little testing. As you can imagine the carpet gets pretty hammered from whatever comes off my van. I vacuumed all the gravel and whatever else up and hit it with some high PH citrus prespray. I then took out my TREX and Rotovac 360 XL and goofed around testing moisture removal with them. I had the carpet looking like new except the oil spot. I could not get that oil spot up no mater how many passes I did with my RE units. So I decided to try something different and applied a very low PH Encap product and instantly hit it with a old cotton bonnet and it pulled it right up.

I wish I would have shot a video of it because I never would have believed it. I thought it was a permanent stain. I also thought that high PH was needed to remove grease and oil.

Lamesalegend

I think this is one of the main reasons Pad cleaning on Commercial olefin is so effective. No matter how much water and prespray we use, its not taking of that thin layer of sticky residue (soap, oil or sugar residue) that CGD carpet can retain. A pad with cotton and agitation is often the most effective way to remove those residues. HWE usually removes the dirt but the residue left with HWE only, will still allow resoiling if no pad is used

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My shop bay has commercial glue down that was in place when we took over the lease. I was changing the oil in my F250 this winter and dropped the oil filter and got oil on the carpet. It's been driving me nuts, so the other night at the end of day it was pretty nice out, so I decided to do a little testing. As you can imagine the carpet gets pretty hammered from whatever comes off my van. I vacuumed all the gravel and whatever else up and hit it with some high PH citrus prespray. I then took out my TREX and Rotovac 360 XL and goofed around testing moisture removal with them. I had the carpet looking like new except the oil spot. I could not get that oil spot up no mater how many passes I did with my RE units. So I decided to try something different and applied a very low PH Encap product and instantly hit it with a old cotton bonnet and it pulled it right up.

I wish I would have shot a video of it because I never would have believed it. I thought it was a permanent stain. I also thought that high PH was needed to remove grease and oil.
Solvency and absorption are more important than pH.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Solvency and absorption are more important than pH.
I think I understand solvency, the ability of a substance in our cleaning agents to overcome the soils ability of attraction to itself and the material we are trying to clean. If that is true, in a neutral pH encap solution is the solvency largely contributed to the PTFE? Is that why Teflon non-stick pans are so effective at not allowing foods to stick to them?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
The TOPS Odyssey and Code Red encap saved me last week.
Commercial glue down, no parking, difficult access to water, cheapskate customer, and the possibility of tripping circuit-breakers if used 2 corded porty.

was torn between Code Red or Blue-- went with HP instead of High Ph. Still not sure which is best and when.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The TOPS Odyssey and Code Red encap saved me last week.
Commercial glue down, no parking, difficult access to water, cheapskate customer, and the possibility of tripping circuit-breakers if used 2 corded porty.

was torn between Code Red or Blue-- went with HP instead of High Ph. Still not sure which is best and when.
Use the code Red when you have coffee, water or other beverage stains. Blue on everything else will work well. I use the red on most of my condo hallways.

Back
Top Bottom