Some suggestions please (pump problem)

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
For $1.49 @ mile and individual #5 service fees (call for an estimate), he will ride his DR to your job site to shake the jug with just enough southern hostility to mix her up somtin good.

Heck, for ten bucks they can call me, after I'm done calling them dumbshats. I will explain(in detail) how to stick the flipping hf wand in in the jug and pull the trigger.

Reactions: Mikey P

FredC

Village Idiot
I'll have to ask David about posting pics of his stuff... But I'm officially on the way

20150522_094105.jpg

Name
BradFenstermaker
Fred I see why you wanted to take the 4 hour ride.

I am at exit 350 on I75. Graduation weekend or wood of bought a cheer wine for ya halfway home.

Nice bike and great weather in our part of the world.

Glad it is fixed.

Reactions: FredC

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
It was fixed when I left.

I'll leave an details beyond that for David to post if he wishes. He is on vaca though so it could be a bit.....

I bet It was probably something simple since you left it up to David tell us the outcome.?. I'm very curious to know the cause..

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Let the guessing begin. I'll bet the screened inlet was clogged with a lizard blocking any water from entering.

Gene

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Let the guessing begin

lack of understanding and a need for someone to "physically, in person" walk him thru it to point out things is my "guess"
Dave's admittedly not mechanical...even simple things many of us "mechanical" guys take for granted can be frustrating to a non mechanical person when talking on the phone or on-line

.L.T.A.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
We change all the fluid in both the machine and the box truck. I send my tech under to pull the plug on the oil but he says it won't done out. I go under and he stripped it turning it the wrong way. His dad builds engines and he doesn't know which way loosens. I quit taking stuff for granted. Not sure why I know which way but it just seems common sense. Don't take anything for granted.

Gene

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
We change all the fluid in both the machine and the box truck. I send my tech under to pull the plug on the oil but he says it won't done out. I go under and he stripped it turning it the wrong way. His dad builds engines and he doesn't know which way loosens. I quit taking stuff for granted. Not sure why I know which way but it just seems common sense. Don't take anything for granted.

Gene

Tell Him---Righty tighty Lefty loosey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
David hasn't logged in for over a week. Must be he is swamped with work now that the machine is going again!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You have to read it while hearing "Fentstermacher" southrrn drawl

Then you understand clearly what he's saying

He's a"good ole boy"..
(Which ain't bad thing)
Brads a good dude

I remember him making a comment once

"That'll slap smack you down"

Having some understanding of bumpkin speak. ..I knew that meant

"It's hard azz work and you'll be beat when done"

;)

LTA

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Ok just got in last night. I was in Canada for the past 11 days 2 hours from any cell service, electric or indoor plumbing (yikes) Anyway Fred had it figured out in about 15 minutes. I knew it was going to take a cleaner who was a gear head to figure this out and as I thought it was very simple. I will not go into too much detail because 2 very highly regarded service companies looked at this problem and could not advise me on what to do or fix it. The problem was that the machine would not prime. What it came down to was the machine has a water box and a water tank, you can use either. We always pull from the water tank. Fred shut the valve off to the tank, opened the valve to the water box filled it and primed it from there then opened the valve to the water tank at the same time to get a good prime going then shut off the water box. Done.

Mike D. told me how to do this a few weeks ago ( priming from the water box) but when I tried it, it did work but kept losing the prime after a day or so. I guess priming it with the big tank while the box valve is open is the key to getting the prime to hold.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Well back to square 1. Freds fix lasted about 3 jobs. We then had to reprime it on most all jobs 2-3 times now we're back to not even getting it primed again. Very frustrating to say the least.

FredC

Village Idiot
Check your PM.

and this truck only did six jobs in the last 3 weeks?

FredC

Village Idiot
I can come prime it for you again..........

My advice though is just install a demand pump if nobody there can prime a pump or locate an air leak..........

FredC

Village Idiot
Bingo....

except I would expect it to leak down if this is a part time truck.....especially given the way everything connects...so once there is air in the system I wouldn't expect the pump to easily prime

and like he said...we are back at square one where nobody there can get it to run but within 5 minutes of me cranking the machine it was working fine

a demand pump would make it idiot proof for lack of a better term.

of course then they will run the battery dead. :D

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom