Sales Team

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You have the right mindset, keep taking in information from different sources and piece together the best plan for you.

:headbang:

Name
George Valliant
Great thread!

Honestly, I find the thought of expanding into a multi-truck operation totally overwhelming.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm not smart enough, ambitious enough, or what my problem is. It's nice to dream about being a big shot biz owner but I'm not sure if I'll ever be anything more than an owner operator.

And, I'm okay with that! Because I've noticed I'm more relaxed and worry free when I don't have the responsibility of managing employees, satisfying clients, making payroll and about a million other things that come with the territory.

Do you think I'm just making excuses for myself because I can't seem to break threw the glass ceiling? Are the rewards on the other side really worth the stress? Will multi trucking make me rich?

To make it all worthwhile I really need to know if it will make me rich. Because if it doesn't make me rich then why even bother. I have a comfortable life now. Why stress myself out otherwise?

Can someone enlighten me or what? Cuz I ain't getting any younger here. grin.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Great thread!

Honestly, I find the thought of expanding into a multi-truck operation totally overwhelming.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm not smart enough, ambitious enough, or what my problem is. It's nice to dream about being a big shot biz owner but I'm not sure if I'll ever be anything more than an owner operator.

And, I'm okay with that! Because I've noticed I'm more relaxed and worry free when I don't have the responsibility of managing employees, satisfying clients, making payroll and about a million other things that come with the territory.

Do you think I'm just making excuses for myself because I can't seem to break threw the glass ceiling? Are the rewards on the other side really worth the stress? Will multi trucking make me rich?

To make it all worthwhile I really need to know if it will make me rich. Because if it doesn't make me rich then why even bother. I have a comfortable life now. Why stress myself out otherwise?

Can someone enlighten me or what? Cuz I ain't getting any younger here. grin.

You won't always be a young and energetic workaholic.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You won't always be a young and energetic workaholic.
No you won't but you can be an old energetic workaholic! :winky:

"The Fox and the Grapes"
A classic illustration of cognitive dissonance is expressed in the fable "The Fox and the Grapes" by Aesop (ca. 620–564 BCE). In the story, a fox sees some high-hanging grapes and wishes to eat them. When the fox is unable to think of a way to reach them, he decides that the grapes are probably not worth eating, with the justification the grapes probably are not ripe or that they are sour (hence the common phrase "sour grapes"). The moral that accompanies the story is "Any fool can despise what he can not get". :p

It won't be easy or we'd all be rich. The real question is, will the suffering be worth it to you at all?

All that should matter is that you are comfortable with yourself. If you are then why go down the road of more work and more stress even if it means you'll make more money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chris A
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
There are plenty of "experts" in the cleaning and restoration industry who know a little (and sometimes a lot) of most everything it takes to build a large business; just ask them. I have in my home office two different business models for multi-truck carpet cleaning businesses. Horrible written and organized as they are, they spell out all the steps to do it. There several others out there.

There are also several seminar circles and several several motivational circles out there that will take your money and run you through their gauntlet. They all make various claims and statements about their past and your future. Personally, I challenge everyone of them to jump in where we are RIGHT NOW and build it all over again. Perhaps it's true that those who can't, teach.

Sales and structure are the least of the carpet cleaning business woes. It's the revolving challenge of people and how you're going to manage them. The world is changing and less and less people are staying in one place. The best model for a multi-truck cleaning business should be Chapt.1 "Are You Personally Up For The Hike" Chapt.2 "You're Statistically Probably Not" Chapt.3-8 "College Level Psychology" Then 1/2 chapter of Jeffery Gittomer on sales and marketing and even less then 1/2 chapter on the horrible equipment we are stuck with. The nuts and bolts of business structure is grade school compared to building a peoplemachine that competes in todays market.

Reactions: Able 1

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I had some good responses and I do hope for more good responses. I do not have a salesperson now but feel it would be an asset. Tom was right in pointing out to
solve my CSR person first. Maybe I was wrong to word it as a team but I think that some of the business folks here may have more than one person doing sales.
I want to grow my business and this board and the members have helped me do that. The information, ideas, and problems shared are of help.
I had a friend who is in sales and was in between position in the medical field. He made cold calls in early summer for me which was productive. When I go out it has worked also. For me it is a CSR person, me returning to working a route 2 days a week hopefully getting to three days. A salesperson will be next or a least a social butterfly or a commissioned cheerleader.

Reactions: TomKing

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I had some good responses and I do hope for more good responses. I do not have a salesperson now but feel it would be an asset. Tom was right in pointing out to
solve my CSR person first. Maybe I was wrong to word it as a team but I think that some of the business folks here may have more than one person doing sales.
I want to grow my business and this board and the members have helped me do that. The information, ideas, and problems shared are of help.
I had a friend who is in sales and was in between position in the medical field. He made cold calls in early summer for me which was productive. When I go out it has worked also. For me it is a CSR person, me returning to working a route 2 days a week hopefully getting to three days. A salesperson will be next or a least a social butterfly or a commissioned cheerleader.

If you can find someone with outbound experience it will even be better. That way when its slow they can set commercial appointments for you.
Very difficult to teach that when someone doesnt have experience. The rejection bothers most people.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Your best salesman will be your Extremely satisfied customers. Don't ask for referrals!! If they are not automatically referring you to their friends and family or great online reviews-- then you are not good enough yet!
In all that you do-- strive to make your customers Cheerleaders for you. Never stop improving-- avoid suffering from delusions of grandeur. Humble yourself, have love in your heart, Be kind and the holy sprit will guide and reward you.

Peace be with you, and may you create IT in all that you do.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom