Cushion

Islandguy

Name
bob keenan
A lady took a half linen , half cotton blend cushion to my shop. Red wine spilled on it . She put a large amount of vinegar on it and the vinegar ran down the front to the other side. The vinegar has left a very large yellowish stain on both sides and did nothing to remove the wine. Is there any hope to repair this damage ?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A lady took a half linen , half cotton blend cushion to my shop. Red wine spilled on it . She put a large amount of vinegar on it and the vinegar ran down the front to the other side. The vinegar has left a very large yellowish stain on both sides and did nothing to remove the wine. Is there any hope to repair this damage ?
I would try with an oxy-encap first. Something like Saiger's Code Red of Encaps. Spray it on and scrub with a mitt or brush, let sit for 10 minutes, then rinse with a neutral pH product like Ultrachems Labs Clean. Anything that remains, you can try more peroxide or maybe a reducing agent. Rinse in-between.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Oxidation might work, as Ron suggested.

Linen tends to be very resistant to bleaches though, and cotton can turn yellow in the presence of peroxide, so just make sure you make all of that clear with your customer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom