question for other Sapphire 1200 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No Mike I did not freeze the machine. I said that the water hose going from the transfer pump on the water tank was freezing because its near the door, No part on the machine froze.

Bob and others asked lots of good questions like did you burp the HX and or the truck, did they check this, did they check that. The answer is no. Now i want to again say this very gently so Mike doesn't accuse me of throwing an industry legend under the bus. I will only state the exact facts. After 3 phone calls with service techs at sapphire and no results I was told to take it to Chris at the cleaners depot. he is the best and will get it straightened out, OK I drive 6 hours round trip. Now I am no mechanic so I would have no idea what to look for but Bob and other have lots of good questions on where to start and what things should be checked. I would think that Sapphire would have had Chris check all of these basic things out. Like Bob said how about burping it, how about running the system the way the manual says to run it and see what it's doing, how about putting a gauge on the wand to see what it's getting for temps, lets check the water temp coming from the radiator. Is the van temp where it should be, what is the temp of the water from the pre heater? There were several more questions people asked me about the system and if we checked this and that. The answer is no. They did not check any of those things. again Mike I am not putting down an industry giant in the TM business. Plain and sample he did not check any of those things. He immediately determined that the water going into the blower HX was cooling off right away because the blower is not getting hot enough to heat the water to correct temps. He showed me how to get the blower hot and was able to reach the desired temps. Like I said I am no mechanic so I will not judge the actions he took. I feel I gave Sapphire the chance to fix it and it was glossed over. Am I the only one that feels more should have been checked?

David....don drive all them miles before you burp it....get it as hot as it will go...
reach in and open the petcock on the HX......slowly.....i betcha you got some air in there..let the air hiss out till it comes out anti-freeze...then turn it back off...easy peesy!
i'd do mine maybe once a week....jus so i'd know there wasn't a bubble in there..
even a small bubble of air will impede the flow of coolant!

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Joe if you check the whole thread calls were made to Sapphire and we could not trouble shoot it so I was sent to Nashville to have it looked at. Read my last post before this to see how the service call went. I did give them a chance to fix it before I came to the board. It was never my intent for things to get this far and I can get wrapped up in this just as much as the rest but it set me off when other say I should give Sapphire a chance before I go to the board when I feel I did give them a chance. Please read how my service call went in Nashville. Is that how they trouble shoot their problems. Why am I the only one who feels more should have been done when they had it? Was that not their chance to get to the bottom of it? Can anyone here honestly say that was a complete check of the van and TM? What am I missing?

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I've owned a 1200 for 3 months. He says the 1200 heats up quickly with "KILLER" heat.

Joe,
Could ya find out what processes your tech takes to fire up, and how quickly it comes to temp say 230

Please let everyone know, in case Im sent to timeout
Thanks

Sent from my RCT6077W2 using Tapatalk

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
WRONG! i can't believe they would say such a thing...
what do you suppose that petcock is THERE for?

oh..after you do that
you'll havta top off the coolant again...or it'll suck the bubble back in....

if sapphire told you that
i believe we just found the source of yor problem.....they didn't do it either!

Last edited:

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
"Killer" for us is anything between 206.3 and 221.3. Everyone knows that! I know we burn lawns.
Our CDSs have salsas. I've seen those units run at 220. He says his 1200 is hotter (probably not IMO).

Your correct, I did not read the entire thread, just the 1st few pages. Hope things work out for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Joe if you check the whole thread calls were made to Sapphire and we could not trouble shoot it so I was sent to Nashville to have it looked at. Read my last post before this to see how the service call went. I did give them a chance to fix it before I came to the board. It was never my intent for things to get this far and I can get wrapped up in this just as much as the rest but it set me off when other say I should give Sapphire a chance before I go to the board when I feel I did give them a chance. Please read how my service call went in Nashville. Is that how they trouble shoot their problems. Why am I the only one who feels more should have been done when they had it? Was that not their chance to get to the bottom of it? Can anyone here honestly say that was a complete check of the van and TM? What am I missing?
Dave your in the right .
you spent a lot of money on a Tm, You did both sapphire and Olsen a solid when you bought the unit and where you bought it. now sapphire should do right by you . With the bs you have gone though to date , sapphire should have it taken to Nashville gone over find the problem, burp it fart it , what ever it is , get it going right and bring it back to you.

P.s. Joey apples is a good guy . If he,s happy with his 1200 then I'm sure yours can be fixed to run the same

Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
geeze Cu, if I came in that strong on a Judson thread on the Facebook page your wife would have voted me off the island by now..

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Agreed,
Way to early to throw blows.

Its flippin Sunday girls damn

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i was personally assured that this WILL be taken care......

everyone take a breath!

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee
Name
BradFenstermaker
Dave don't second guess your problem. Hell yeah there should have been more inspected. We could of done that over a few Heineken's.

If the van has to go down for more than a day, they should get you a loaner rig to run. I hope they can find a easy fix believe me.

What psi did they have you lower it too? And it still wont maintain heat?

My old Vortex ran hotter than your TM with just the coolant exchange in the H2O tank, well after the first job it did. 140 gal full.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
and all that garbage you grind with is labeled as the "Deepest Cleaning Ever"....stfu

You arnt really going to try to turn this into a method bashing thread are you ?LOL I would really like to see if the pro-1200 is the hottest TM in the industry as SS has stated it is. I hope it is true for Dave sake.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Good Knight Brad,

THe thing didnt burst into flames or anything dang. It just gets water hot, not scalding.

ur evil man : )

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
geeze Cu, if I came in that strong on a Judson thread on the Facebook page your wife would have voted me off the island by now..
Are you kidding me, Dave already drove it 6 hrs to Nashville and got no joy, at least with mine I was only 30 mins away from CMS. So yeah sapphire should take it in on their dime , fix it and bring it back..

I also stated that Joe Appleby,s 1200 is working right then after the repair Dave's should be fine too.

so where,s your problem, how much do you think dave should spend in transporting his van to the repair shop to get his NEW unit running as it should...I'm sure sapphire will stand behind his unit , but should it be at on his dime.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well Cu..

Who's decision was it to buy a machine from a dealer 2000 away?

I bet Interlink and Pond really didn't give a shit seeing how they should have sold it in the first place IMO.

Lucky for you when those Mytee portables you launder fall apart, John can extort any Mytee dealer to fix it for $30 in credit. No sweat off your balls.

Mikey P

Administrator
You arnt really going to try to turn this into a method bashing thread are you ?LOL I would really like to see if the pro-1200 is the hottest TM in the industry as SS has stated it is. I hope it is true for Dave sake.

Find me a truckmount that doesn't say it's the hottest on earth?

Reactions: BLewis

hogjowl

Idiot™
LOL, I do have to wonder if the reason SS sent David to a non-aligned repair person was because their dealers told them to have him go back to where he bought the thing?

Couldn't blame them.

That still doesn't invalidate David's position, nor SS's responsibility to fix this.

It just, once again, demonstrates what can happen if you base your decision on price.

Mikey P

Administrator
LOL, I do have to wonder if the reason SS sent David to a non-aligned repair person was because their dealers told them to have him go back to where he bought the thing?

Couldn't blame them.

That still doesn't invalidate David's position, nor SS's responsibility to fix this.

It just, once again, demonstrates what can happen if you base your decision on price.

Pond is a SS dealer, as is Olsen and like most of the SS dealers around the country, very few have experience with this new to them machine.

Did you know even us Aerotech owners have to run our Big Trucks on High to get the heat up?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
... at least with mine I was only 30 mins away from CMS.

Off the subject....
From the freaking East Bay?
You must have added wings. I'd love to see the speed you're driving at.

From a safe distance :winky:

Last edited:
Name
BradFenstermaker
David whats the word??
It's 3:30 pm our time.

Just Wanda to bed in the garage. Waiting on a blizzard to get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom