Marketing is like an onion..

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The bickering is how this band of misfits show their love and admiration.

It is a badge of honor here and to be expected.

Nothing to get shook up about.

Just shows that atleast they are paying attention somewhat.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have been too busy to participate but I would like to tell EVERYONE out there I watch 4 or 5 comapnies who have fine operations(this isn't a diss on many others but if I looked at all I wouldn't be able to work mine) ONE I WOULD NEVER LOOK AT OR SEEK ADVICE FROM IS DAVE YOAKUM. He is so full of crap it is coming out of his ears. The people who he insults are successful people like Fred"I look 25 and am rich as hell" Boyle, "Mr I was gonna retire but second wife money was drying up because of my damn kid" Harper , Dave "how much we pull into today, I can't hear you I am on the boat" Gill and Al " I am bored I am gonna start a fishing company" Simms

So in other words Dave if u lost your placement on Google u would be sol.

I think I like Fred, Don, and Harp's advice best.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
danielc said:
So in other words Dave if u lost your placement on Google u would be sol

Getting top placement among 70 of more cleaners in my town and having more on-line client reviews is just one marketing strategy. Hence the name of this thread, "Marketing is like an onion". Marketing for a business employs many strategies that work together to drawing clients from many sectors and sources.

However,It is a FREE strategy that should not be ignored. Especially if you have many companies all competing in the same town.

Since it is FREE the ROI is incredible shiteatinggrin !!!!

All joking aside. It brings my company many great new clients everyday.

They are not price shoppers.

And since they were drawn in by the reviews, They are more apt to leave more reviews.

Internet marketing is not going away.

Searchers are increasing everyday along with the number of smart devices.

While the yellow pages is becoming a door stop.

Ignore the power of optimizing your internet presence at your peril.

Especially if you service a mid or larger metro area and don't just service some podunk town.

Different strategies work for different areas.

That is why being the top when you only have 3-5 competitors in your town (like some posting above) has little merit.

But, being on or near the top of 20 or more competitors in the same town.

With also, having an abundance of on- reviews is gold!!!

If you don't want to be gold that's fine.

Your compeditors will thank you all the way to the bank!!

Bob Foster

Dave Yoakum said:
Internet marketing is not going away.

Ignore the power of optimizing your internet presence at your peril.

If you don't want to be gold that's fine.

Your compeditors will thank you all the way to the bank!!

lfap.gif

Name
Chris Perry
As for the original question...

You're on point with the onion analogy, Becker - any marketing program SHOULD have multiple layers.

I'm always cautious with simply discarding those "rotten" layers, though. Marketing strategies, many times, simply need to be adjusted in order to realize their effectiveness. Some definitely work better than others and, as the saying goes, opinions are like...

As for my thoughts on a few particular marketing layers:

1. Direct referrals - If marketing & profits got together and started a family, this would DEFINITELY be the Golden Child.

2. Yellowpages - can be effective, but they're going by the wayside & are definitely more expensive than other arenas

3. Direct mailers - much more effective than Yellowpages, if sent to the right people, designed the right way, and include the right content

4. Websites - great for branding and to "seal the deal" with potential clients (again...if designed the right way & includes the right content)

5. Social media - I love social media. The most inexpensive, efficient, direct way to market to your potential clients & get those direct referrals.

Hope this helps!

RestorationMarketer said:

You're on point with the onion analogy, Becker - any marketing program SHOULD have multiple layers.

I'm always cautious with simply discarding those "rotten" layers, though. Marketing strategies, many times, simply need to be adjusted in order to realize their effectiveness. Some definitely work better than others and, as the saying goes, opinions are like...

1. Direct referrals - If marketing & profits got together and started a family, this would DEFINITELY be the Golden Child.

2. Yellowpages - can be effective, but they're going by the wayside & are definitely more expensive than other arenas

3. Direct mailers - much more effective than Yellowpages, if sent to the right people, designed the right way, and include the right content

4. Websites - great for branding and to "seal the deal" with potential clients (again...if designed the right way & includes the right content)

5. Social media - I love social media. The most inexpensive, efficient, direct way to market to your potential clients & get those direct referrals.

Hope this helps!

Best answer yet, and that is exactly how I feel.

jimmyolas

i have added an article submitting tool to my efforts as well as a lot of learning in seo forums.
also trying different avenues such as high pr web links. and hiring seo people directly from india.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaXr46mzCc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was celebrating last night we hit $350,000 and we won't be busy until september, so suck on that nocum

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
RestorationMarketer said:

Hope this helps!

I would Add Radio & TV as the top 2 after referrals.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Not busy till September?????
We are busy but from sept to the second week of January is nonstop

the best marketing you can do is high quality work

Becker

Name
Becker
Why till the 2nd week of Jan?

I'll be slammed from now till at least DEC, then it slows a bit.. Dec is pretty good, but once the tree goes up a lot wait. Prior to Thanksgiving is crazy.

I'm losing money right now, calls are coming in, but my books are full. and 1st timers don't always want to wait. Referalls and repeats almost always will unless something is pressing.

I feel I'm over marketed right now.

I really should hire some talent.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
We are book pretty solid but we will be crazy once the summer homes empty out in September. It looks like the rush is going to start earlier though because we picked up 2 big school districts that need to be done by the last week of august and think I will close on a chain of coffee shops this week

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom