Carpet cleaners profit shrinking pie

G

Money to IICRC.
Money to overpriced truck-mounts.
Money to overpriced chemicals.
Money to overpriced advertisers.
Money to self labeled business mentors.
Money to insurance for all gadgets/trucks/liability.
Money to taxes for all equipment.
Money lost to competitive ads.
Money for parts for poor engineered tm's.
I'm sure I missed some so add a few. But I do know this, there ain't much left over for your sorry as# sucker. Guess what, you gotta JOB!

Carpet cleaners are the hamster in the wheel, lol.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
R.J.,

Have you noticed the price per square foot that is being charged, and what it was 25 years ago. Take a look at that, and I think you will see much more of the shrinking pie.

TimP

If people would charge what it's worth to clean carpet you wouldn't have to worry about the shrinking pie...the newbies and hacks out there have ruined this industry and it's time we took it back

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
vcs1 said:
Money to IICRC.$0
Money to overpriced truck-mounts.$688.76/mo (5yr int free GMC loan on WM Pro1200)
Money to overpriced chemicals. $68.12/mo
Money to overpriced advertisers.$0
Money to self labeled business mentors.$5/mo (Mikey)
Money to insurance for all gadgets/trucks/liability.$224/mo
Money to taxes for all equipment.$0
Money lost to competitive ads.$0
Money for parts for poor engineered tm's.$3.11/mo
I'm sure I missed some so add a few. But I do know this, there ain't much left over for your sorry as# sucker. Guess what, you gotta JOB!
(Money to OPEC for tribute. $988.01/mo)
(Money to placate wife with gifts and dinners for long O/O hours $891.21/mo)

What else we gonna do?

Jimbo

RJ...speak for yourself, farmer.

I have college graduates and students on carpet cleaning income... own my cleaning equipment... am certified by Woolsafe... have no ongoing advertising costs....

Life is good...when we make it that way!

brite n clean

I'm new at this and already discovered the only way to make it is do the best I can at a fair price and try to get a loyal clientele. Man I just can't compete with those $9.95 per room guys. By the way wasn't everyone in here a newbie at one time?

Name
Ron lippold
A smart man once told me it's real crowed at the bottom but the the top of the pie is wide open.

Jimbo how are you liking the new machine what does it do for you pie

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
An owner op is like your client's favorite hair dresser.

You build up loyalty just like they do.
They tell all of their friends about you.

You give personalized service over and above the chain ops like Great Clips.

And some of you owner ops are like Hairdressers to the Hollywood stars.

Schmooze your clients and make more money and work less.

The Preacher

sounds like you need to meet a few successful cleaners who have been there and done that. i can think of one such meeting coming up in February!!!

PS most of the cleaners who know their cost of doing biz have $$$ in the budget for some if not all of those things, but some don't need near the coaching and shoulders to lean on to reach what they consider "success"

G

I am very successful, thank you. I have been a millionaire for 3 years now. My point is everybody wants a piece of our pie and it pisses me off. It will only become worse as they tighten the noose at the top. So the question is are we gonna stand back and let them have their way or are we going to unite and become one. If you get a bad supplier and a poor TM manufacturer then you are royally screwed.
RJ.

Mike, this area is depressed by the military and down south workers. We still get a good price but the pie IS shrinking. The ones on the top of our industry say programs like SOA are going to help but it really is a ruse to rape you of your profits. And their greedy arms are long and will continue to reach deep into our pockets unless we demand change. They consider the majority of us to be low class BDCC's. And soon, if they continue have their way ,we will be!

Driguy

vcs1 said:
Money to IICRC.

Man what is with the Crying. don't you own a Distributorship?

thought you made money off of Overpriced truck mounts, chemicals, self labeled business mentors.

Isn't all this the cost of doing business? you maybe a millionaire but it sounds like you griping cause you are poor. Maybe cut out some of the frills, and your pockets wont be so thin.

just a thought.

I am very successful, thank you. I have been a millionaire for 3 years now. My point is everybody wants a piece of our pie and it pisses me off. It will only become worse as they tighten the noose at the top. So the question is are we gonna stand back and let them have their way or are we going to unite and become one. If you get a bad supplier and a poor TM manufacturer then you are royally screwed.
RJ.

Mike, this area is depressed by the military and down south workers. We still get a good price but the pie IS shrinking. The ones on the top of our industry say programs like SOA are going to help but it really is a ruse to rape you of your profits. And their greedy arms are long and will continue to reach deep into our pockets unless we demand change. They consider the majority of us to be low class BDCC's. And soon, if they continue have their way ,we will be!

I can think of 1,000s of Cleaners / Resto in the tidewater area that are not having any of your problems. Distributors, TM manufacturers, Mentors, Chemical makers all need to make profit to you know.

Like Greenie mentioned.

Charge more.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
run your business and stop complaining. You don't like the pie than don't eat it. It isn't the industry it is YOU. Have a friggin business plan. Your not a Dr or a Lawyer etc but you can make close or more for sucking rugs. And the costs you show, what is business free?
Everyone needs training.
Everyone needs equipment
everyone needs insurance(and is very low in this industry)
if you can't find free mentorship you have a mule of a personality
everyone has to advertise, some peope are smarter than others but if your work didn't suck you would get more referals
Equipmemt is a write off including the tax

G

Don't miss my point. I like the industry I just don't like being bullied by SOA and the lack of backing for us by IICRC. We have paid our dues in this biz and deserve more. I do all the above and more! :D
However points well taken!

PS:Greg, don't you have spell check?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
sorry for not running spell check for a complaining pussy
oops

Quote from Albert Einstein

FFPOFP31Albert-Einstein-Posters.jpg

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

G

You ought not talk about your mamma like that sucka...

Oops sorry about my spellin too
:D

PS:perhaps yall are just pissed because you have a job.

G

Leslie Judson Jones said:
Quote from Albert Einstein

FFPOFP31Albert-Einstein-Posters.jpg

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

I guess I let Dr. Aziz's pep talk about someone needing to shake up the industry send me in the wrong direction. Keep it coming, I like the constructive criticism! :D

PS:Some genius Albert Einstein, married his first cousin. Intelligence without common sense is dangerous. Even he admitted his research on weapons was a folly and will probably do more damage to mankind. Now with enough nukes to destroy the world 50 times over are we safer?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
good luck not understanding how to run a business. I would suggest spending some of the dollars you say you have in mentorship if no one is willing to do it for free. I personally have an advanced degree in business and learned real quick I needed help in a different industry than I wasn't trained for. This is my first year fulltime I can tell you I billed well over $100,000 and 65% came in Sept. Oct and Nov. So next year should be much better. You may be able to use spellcheck better than I but call me in 5 years, unless of course you want to play what I have vs. what you have right now. I can guarantee I will win.

G

Greg Crowley said:
good luck not understanding how to run a business. I would suggest spending some of the dollars you say you have in mentorship if no one is willing to do it for free. I personally have an advanced degree in business and learned real quick I needed help in a different industry than I wasn't trained for. This is my first year fulltime I can tell you I billed well over $100,000 and 65% came in Sept. Oct and Nov. So next year should be much better. You may be able to use spellcheck better than I but call me in 5 years, unless of course you want to play what I have vs. what you have right now. I can guarantee I will win.

Hey man, I am not your enemy. I have actually enjoyed some of all these points. Just like looking outside the box.

I too used to subscribe to the Vince Lombardi mentality, "winning is not everything,it is the only thing". However I have now come to know that with everything there is a cost. So anything is attainable, but at what cost.
So now I don't care about whose bigger, best, or wealthiest. Now I just care mostly about people and let the material things fall in place. And I must admit that it seems IICRC and CRI SOA will leave a lot of PEOPLE DOA . The richest carpet cleaner in Tidewater CLEARED 750k profit sending college kids in their cars with SOA approved Rug Doctors out bait and switching his way to riches. All with IICRC and CRI's blessing of approval:D

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
There is no cost to a good life. I work 9-3:30 4 days a week. I spend money on my business but I found great advice from people on this BB who I can call everyday If I had to. If you have a gripe with CRI-SOA or IICRC then come out and say it. Costs are costs.

G

Greg Crowley said:
There is no cost to a good life. I work 9-3:30 4 days a week. I spend money on my business but I found great advice from people on this BB who I can call everyday If I had to. If you have a gripe with CRI-SOA or IICRC then come out and say it. Costs are costs.

"If power corrupts, then absolute power absolutely corrupts".
There I said it. I was just mentioning the cost of business, not complaining as some have poorly perceived. These in themselves should be enough. These guys should not get fat off of us unless they are representing us properly!!! :shock:

Driguy

vcs1 said:
Greg Crowley said:

"If power corrupts, then absolute power absolutely corrupts".
There I said it. I was just mentioning the cost of business, not complaining as some have poorly perceived. These in themselves should be enough. These guys should not get fat off of us unless they are representing us properly!!! :shock:

:shock: I don't get it.

you have a problem. Why not present your concerns in a professional... Literate understandable manner. So that people can understand what it is that your exactly complaining about. and we can offer constructive advice on how to fix / help it.

This thread is definitely counter productive, cause people are annoyed with the way you present your statements.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
CRI-SOA has no power whatsoever. It will not make a difference in 90% of rug suckers lives. The other 10% will get approved because they are doing work for the retailers. If you think they have absolute power over you then you need to talk to people who know what is actually up. By the way knucklehead(did I spell it right?) it looks like complaining to me
Money to IICRC.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
did you pick up your prescription for your game this weekend?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom