Another Zipper knock off

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well THIS was a helluva read

Just discovered I have no soul :eekk:

People steal ideas, been going on since, well.... forever.

Isn't gonna change, cause there's a buck to be made

I'm grateful for the competition, knock-offs, generics etc

The main focus seems to be on the artisan tools, they're in an elite category . Offered at a premium price to craftsmen who appreciate quality.

It's a small market, the real market is the knockoffs, the short life and even disposable tools in this industry.

Put your big boy pants and realize what you are dealing with before you jump under the microscope of product design

Cause in my eyes, once you start complaining about how the game is played when you've been watching it for 20 years, you kinda sound like a retard:stir:
Ohhh HELL Boyle I could told you that years ago, had you just asked me. :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Burros don't have keys
Bite me!

donkey.jpg

Reactions: Nomad74 and hogjowl

sealcanvas

Name
Ron Hunkins
This has been a VERY interesting conversation to view from the sidelines...informative and educational! My two cents worth: There is a HUGE difference between "Improving thru innovation" and "copying to get into the game". Thank you for tolerating my input...I have some experience in this arena, not only with our Seal-A-Door, but also a few of our 150 other products. (P.S. Don't forget to take a look at www.sealadoor.com)

randy

Name
Randy
Really . . .

There have been many similar drag wands produced long before the Zipper was.

You can see several of them on Doyle Bloss's History of Carpet Cleaning

Larry makes an excellent point here but what I can't believe is that anyone in their right mind would name a product BONZER. Especially when it is being marketed to carpet cleaners that will think up tons on "better names" making a complete joke of it. I remember 20 years ago when a particular airduct cleaning tool was renamed the " vacujaculator". Even the salespeople started referring to the tool that way.

The bonzer will be a flash in the pan, that being said I doubt there is a patent infringement occurring here. Before Mytee comes out with a product their patent attorney does a search and review (all large companies do this) and determines if there is a valid patent. Valid meaning one that should have been issued as a matter of law, and that is enforceable. Many small inventors make the mistake of doing their own patent work and really think they have a patent because one is issued. One of my brother n law's entire work load is getting patents invalidated for large companies like APPLE & Cannon etc. Literally that is all they do and they have over 300 attorneys in 4 states and three foreign countries doing it. MANY patents are issued and then retracted /invalidated when challenged. One reason is something very similar already existed and there isn't enough difference for it to be worthy of a patent as a matter of law. We have seen that before in this industry and we will see it again. Real soon a new op unit is coming out that will challenge a claimed patent. I don't think Mytee has anything to worry about in either of these designs.

Reactions: Larry Cobb
Back
Top Bottom