Another Zipper knock off

smart n kleen

I don't really understand your argument but ok???

Your ethics are still questionable for your 50 years in business claim. You obviously have no soul! :winky:
How many wands are available? Are they all the original? People copy people. It's human nature. Get over it. I love the zipper cause of its quality engineering. But I'd use the Bentley Pro if I had one.

smart n kleen

You told me that and I get it. However potential clients don't know that. They assume you have been in business since 1967. I did. It says it on your trailer.

Anyway I don't get your dog in this fight. Can you explain it?
It says family owned and operated since 1967. What don't you get? Stop crying over the knock offs. It doesn't even affect you.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It says family owned and operated since 1967. What don't you get? Stop crying over the knock offs. It doesn't even affect you.
How many wands are available? Are they all the original? People copy people. It's human nature. Get over it. I love the zipper cause of its quality engineering. But I'd use the Bentley Pro if I had one.
It doesn't make it right.

I don't want to get over it, that's not me. If its wrong, its wrong no matter how many people tell me its ok.

smart n kleen

It doesn't make it right.

I don't want to get over it, that's not me. If its wrong, its wrong no matter how many people tell me its ok.
How many of the chemicals you buy are knock offs? It that ok or is it that you don't even know which ones are?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It does affect me though. I've bought 4 Zippers from Erik, I'd like to see him survive so I can buy more in the future.

The knockoffs so far are no where near the tool he is building. Not even close.

Reactions: smart n kleen

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How many of the chemicals you buy are knock offs? It that ok or is it that you don't even know which ones are?
We use Prochem products. But really thats way off the Zipper knock off subject.

I'm sorry you see this as me crying about it. However if it really bothers you just don't read my posts. I promise I won't mention you again. No worry about me back stabbing you. Just skip my posts.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Please wake me up when someone here (ever) changes their opinion.

Beside John doing a 180 on the freeway and buying the Shark. However, that could have been related to Mike dangling the "almost Guru level" cleaner designation in front of him.

Anybody else "seen the light"?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
OMG! I cant believe this topic is still going on... This must be a new record on beating a "topic to death" :eekk::dejection:
It's enough to make a guy retreat to ***-- ok maybe that's an exaggeration..:lol::lol::lol:

I get it- We Love Erik and his Zipper wands. We despise near copy cats...
But we wouldn't Have the Zipper SS, and many other tools, if people didn't try to improve on exciting products.

The market will decide which tools are left standing.

smart n kleen

It does affect me though. I've bought 4 Zippers from Erik, I'd like to see him survive so I can buy more in the future.

The knockoffs so far are no where near the tool he is building. Not even close.
I agree. Erik will be fine. He has the highest quality tool out there. But it's not for every situation or every cleaner.

smart n kleen

We use Prochem products. But really thats way off the Zipper knock off subject.

I'm sorry you see this as me crying about it. However if it really bothers you just don't read my posts. I promise I won't mention you again. No worry about me back stabbing you. Just skip my posts.
I'm used to haters no problem at all. I live in a small town and we are the most advanced cleaners here. Remember I said we live in a small town lol

Reactions: Desk Jockey

smart n kleen

OMG! I cant believe this topic is still going on... This must be a new record on beating a "topic to death" :eekk::dejection:
It's enough to make a guy retreat to ***-- ok maybe that's an exaggeration..:lol::lol::lol:

I get it- We Love Erik and his Zipper wands. We despise near copy cats...
But we wouldn't Have the Zipper SS, and many other tools, if people didn't try to improve on exciting products.

The market will decide which tools are left standing.
WINNER EXACTLY

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
mqdefault.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD and SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm confused about the length and depth of the outcry over Zipper copies. As this picture sure looks like an improved version of the 40+ year old Zinger, I'm not sure what needs defending. Why isn't anyone trashing the obvious Zinger/Zipper allusion? Would you be trashing Erik if the inventor of the Zinger were still alive and posting here?

Except for Steve Roberts, few people seemed too concerned about Tom Monohan coming out with another version of Steve's rug duster (which was also an improved version of a 40+ year old machine) so is the problem that a tool is being copied or is this just the desire to defend someone that seems like a nice guy? (<competitive advantage btw)

img_1375-jpg.69174

I'd counsel Erik not to waste any time responding to posts that make it seem like you're squaring off against other manufacturers. Spend time the same way other successful manufacturers do: branding, continuous innovation, cutting costs, and sharing some profit with salespeople. Focus on what makes your product a better buy and don't worry about anything you can't control.

PS: As pragmatic as all guys say they are, the vast majority will still make purchasing decisions on an emotional level. You have a handle on that, or you wouldn't have bothered with hex bolts and chrome-plated brass. Good luck!
Bryan, the Zinger only had one vacuum port in front of the machine and had an electric motor driving the spinner bar. Not the same at all.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Most of the wands aren't patented or the patents have expired. The problem with knock offs is they are infringing deliberately on somebodys patent. Only unethical people don't get that. Yes things get copied all the time. But when you hold the patent, trademark or copywright, when people copy your product, they are breaking the law and thumbing their nose at you. Those people J.O. are the ones who need a PUNCH IN THE NOSE.

smart n kleen

Most of the wands aren't patented or the patents have expired. The problem with knock offs is they are infringing deliberately on somebodys patent. Only unethical people don't get that. Yes things get copied all the time. But when you hold the patent, trademark or copywright, when people copy your product, they are breaking the law and thumbing their nose at you. Those people J.O. are the ones who need a PUNCH IN THE NOSE.
You don't give up do you? Ok you win.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Call him. Jerry Seats. He owns Inland Janitorial Supply in Corona Ca. Very honest. I feel if people always are doubting others it's because they are dishonest.
Look, I'm not trying to pull you down. You sound like you know what you are doing in your area. I am just trying to get you to realize that there is a difference in copying and improving a product that is unprotected by a patent and deliberately copying a patented idea because you want to jump on that particular bandwagon to make a profit. Everything in this world gets copied, just look at the patent wars between Apple and Samsung. Who got rich? The fooking lawyers. You have a right to your own opinion but if you steal something from me, I'm coming after you and I don't mean with the law. Erik had a great idea developed from his own experience in the carpet cleaning business and observing the different tools that existed and came up with his own unique idea. He spent considerable money patenting it and went into production. He actually owns the idea according to the law. When someone like Mytee or Rotovac copy it, it is STEALING. If you don't get that, you have no moral compass and I wonder where you got that from.

smart n kleen

Look, I'm not trying to pull you down. You sound like you know what you are doing in your area. I am just trying to get you to realize that there is a difference in copying and improving a product that is unprotected by a patent and deliberately copying a patented idea because you want to jump on that particular bandwagon to make a profit. Everything in this world gets copied, just look at the patent wars between Apple and Samsung. Who got rich? The fooking lawyers. You have a right to your own opinion but if you steal something from me, I'm coming after you and I don't mean with the law. Erik had a great idea developed from his own experience in the carpet cleaning business and observing the different tools that existed and came up with his own unique idea. He spent considerable money patenting it and went into production. He actually owns the idea according to the law. When someone like Mytee or Rotovac copy it, it is STEALING. If you don't get that, you have no moral compass and I wonder where you got that from.
Are you in junior high? Are you coming after mytee and rotovac also? Come on man.

smart n kleen

Hey Erik I want a 15" zipper. Curt at PMF told me your zipper was very well built. That's a great compliment coming from them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom