Why does prochem price gouge on parts?

TonyQCC

Name
Tony
ok I like prochem no question about it but threw the years of operating and different truckmounts i’ve owned the parts cost seems inflated? feel free to correct me if i’m wrong. my nissan prochem everest radiator went out they wanted 900 big ones jesus. water pump outrageous and most these parts are direct replacements threw nissan or hyundai. what’s everyones input ?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Everyone wants a cut of the action. I think they design these new machines with all of the bells and whistles just so they can make money off the back end of the sale.....................in the shop.

No need for sensors for this and that...........special coatings on the exhaust etc. No led lights on the front panel.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Proprietary or hard to find parts. They know most small businesses have no time to price shop or brains/will to fix things.

Then the disty gets to stick it to ya... If you can get an appointment!

Lol, shop towels? Really?

Reactions: TonyQCC and Jimmy L

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But what do you do when the parts you need to replace don't have a .........number on them to look up? So you are almost forced to go to the distributor. Unless the helpful people here can help you.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Most manufacturers require their distributors to charge "list price" for proprietary parts. This is true for vehicle manufacturers as well.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
C
ok I like prochem no question about it but threw the years of operating and different truckmounts i’ve owned the parts cost seems inflated? feel free to correct me if i’m wrong. my nissan prochem everest radiator went out they wanted 900 big ones jesus. water pump outrageous and most these parts are direct replacements threw nissan or hyundai. what’s everyones input ?
actually, no they are not. You can’t go go buy a 405 radiator at Napa. Not sure who told you they would sell you one but if they did it might be the last one. Your 405 is done. Except for the pre HX if it’s not on the shelf already it isn’t being made which includes the radiator. Unless someone has a carb your not getting one, etc etc etc... I won’t even buy them unless it’s for a parts machine. Just a heads up. Replace it now. Oh and for the radiator take it to t]the local radiator guy and he can re core it. It’s what we have always done.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I just bought a new 2-bbl carb for a 405 I'm tweaking. Couple hundred bucks. Radiator is likewise available, nothing special. The Graham helicoil is industry standard. The exhaust hx is often frozen, but fixable if you are handy with a plasma torch and patience.

Some of the brass is unique, but if you understand the function you can build equivalent with off the shelf parts.

Probably more fun than it's worth if you consider the time involved.

The real money.....

....is in CLEANING CARPET.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom