Who has your 2016 marketing plan ready?

Ron K

Just finished my 2016 plan for our rug gallery.
Came in just at $70,000
Mix of news paper, magazine, radio, and direct mail.

Have to finish Sani-brights next week?

What are you doing?

So what is that %wise. I've heard 3-7% and some years we're less and some years more.
Mail Post Cards to Base everywhere months. Dropped all but a small YP ad. Small Newspaper Ad and a lot on SEO Web-site to much for me but.. Cup Cakes and gift cards for referral's. No calendars. Our Van gets noticed a lot so maybe you're not ugly enough like some I've seen.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He does know they are typos or does he. ???

Dan would love to have Joe or Ofer instead me. I'm the one he's trying to remove. Ok at this point maybe just expects to get more work out of.

4-days sure went fast. Not looking forward going back to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
But I stay booked out 3-4 weeks at a time and turn away more jobs than I like to think about

How many months of the year are you that booked?

With no helper and at your distinguished age, I'm guess two to three jobs a day, right?

You obviously spend lots of time chatting it up with Mrs Piftleton so she remembers you.
Are you leaving a card or magnet behind? Spotter bottle? Post cards?

the real question is how does Tom King recreate the same experience so he can cut that budget WAY down by increasing his repeats?

@Art Kelley @TomKing

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

With no helper and at your distinguished age, I'm guess two to three jobs a day, right?

You obviously spend lots of time chatting it up with Mrs Piftleton so she remembers you.

the real question is how does Tom King recreate the same experience so he can cut that budget WAY down by increasing his repeats?

@Art Kelley @TomKing
He does premium work too. RE in almost every photo he has ever posted. I'm sure his clients are getting a great value for whatever he charges.

Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Not a plan just a budget, web seo, yelp, a little adwords. customer satisfaction!

cut two phone books saved $600 a month, will ad some facebook here and there.

Reactions: Russ T.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

@Art Kelley @TomKing
The busy season starts early in March and things get out of hand by April. I work the same 10 to 12 hourss a day six day/week I always did doing 3-4 jobs and constantly having people want me to fit in things that can't wait. I don't spend much time talking with custys but I really enjoy the interactions that do occur. I have been absolutely terrible about even having business cards on hand but I am trying to work on that if only to help people find my number.
It took 10 years of hard work (passing out fliers at 4:30 AM, mailing out annual reminder letters, cold calling businesses, etc) to get to the point self generating marketing where customers talk among themselves bringing in this bounty of work.
Three things are at play, quality,service and price that any company could and should focus on, but so few do. Thre is only one level of cleaning I can offer and if a job takes twice as long to get there then so be it. I always had and used a 15" 175 for the first 35 years for preconditioning, finally replacing it with the much lighter and more effective 360i. Most other companies around me don't do that one very important step of rotary usage, thinking it redundant or too much time or effort. I don't charge extra for any steps I do as it is my choice to achieve the end result.
Tom's is a very young company and it is essential he markets aggressively. I doubt he would ever be comfortable not marketing, as that is his forte, but if he wants perpetual motion referals like I have, then his focus should be on doing each job exactly right, whatever it takes, always show up on time and provide great value.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
The busy season starts early in March and things get out of hand by April. I work the same 10 to 12 hourss a day six day/week I always did doing 3-4 jobs and constantly having people want me to fit in things that can't wait. I don't spend much time talking with custys but I really enjoy the interactions that do occur. I have been absolutely terrible about even having business cards on hand but I am trying to work on that if only to help people find my number.
It took 10 years of hard work (passing out fliers at 4:30 AM, mailing out annual reminder letters, cold calling businesses, etc) to get to the point self generating marketing where customers talk among themselves bringing in this bounty of work.
Three things are at play, quality,service and price that any company could and should focus on, but so few do. Thre is only one level of cleaning I can offer and if a job takes twice as long to get there then so be it. I always had and used a 15" 175 for the first 35 years for preconditioning, finally replacing it with the much lighter and more effective 360i. Most other companies around me don't do that one very important step of rotary usage, thinking it redundant or too much time or effort. I don't charge extra for any steps I do as it is my choice to achieve the end result.
Tom's is a very young company and it is essential he markets aggressively. I doubt he would ever be comfortable not marketing, as that is his forte, but if he wants perpetual motion referals like I have, then his focus should be on doing each job exactly right, whatever it takes, always show up on time and provide great value.
I get so tired of being brought into conversations as to we do shit work because we are young or multi truck. Could we do better? Yes, so could everyone!
Everyone has call backs Those that say they don't are fools people just are not calling you again. No company keeps everyone or makes everyone happy big or small.

We are booking out 3-5 days all year long. I would think that would be the norm for most multi truck operations. Prior to Thanksgiving we had a waiting list 10 days before last Monday.

Jordan and I could pack it all into a 40-60 pole barn and sit back and bark like we are some smart a old dog and cherry pick our best customers and we would have done it in only 7 years not 10-20.

Whew. Breath.

steve_64

Hey Art
Its against the law in michigan not to have a commercial vehicle lettered. Maybe you are not registered as a commercial vehicle but thats illegal too.

I was pulled over for not being lettered but the police here are nazis. Just wanted to make sure you knew.

steve_64

Im waiting on a conference call with BizIQ to go over my plan for the internet. They will be taking over my website and SEO and other internet marketing.

I havent done much marketing the last few years.I really hate working to pay others to find me work. Besides, I dont like working so much. Im seriously considerering hiring a full timer and getting enough work to support him. Everything is in place well almost.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom