Who has your 2016 marketing plan ready?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Just finished my 2016 plan for our rug gallery.
Came in just at $70,000
Mix of news paper, magazine, radio, and direct mail.

Have to finish Sani-brights next week?

What are you doing?

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just finished my 2016 plan for our rug gallery.
Came in just at $70,000
Mix of news paper, magazine, radio, and direct mail.

Have to finish Sani-brights next week?

What are you doing?

Getting my fingers slapped when I go over what my wife says I can spend....LOL...

And no....I am behind currently....

Thanks for rubbing it in!

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom

So you guys like it rough. LOL

I still have carpet cleaning to go. That is much more complex ad words social media, mailings, email. Lots of on going work.

Don't feel bad we have 6 -7 weeks.

Lets do an open mic marketing session on a wednesday. Thoughts?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've never planned anything in 28 years. Not a year out, I mean. I did get my website and logo updated this year. I also got somebody doing my SEO. That was a goal. I also spent a bit of money playing with FB ads. Of course, my monthly SM cards are in "the plan". But, other than that, I'm not sure what effective options are available?

I think, if I were going to try to plan anything else it might be a referral system of some sort.

EDDM and other price point venues seem so counter productive.

Reactions: Mike Draper

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I've never planned anything in 28 years. Not a year out, I mean. I did get my website and logo updated this year. I also got somebody doing my SEO. That was a goal. I also spent a bit of money playing with FB ads. Of course, my monthly SM cards are in "the plan". But, other than that, I'm not sure what effective options are available?

I think, if I were going to try to plan anything else it might be a referral system of some sort.

EDDM and other price point venues seem so counter productive.
Your ahead of 90% of other companies. In a smaller market radio might be a real option for a small investment.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Marty I think you do quite a bit. You are planning, you just don't put it down on paper.

You should do that with your son so he knows what is going on marketing wise too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can email you one butt you must first apologize for being a dikhed. Aww it's not your fault. PM you email address and I'll send it to you Friday. I have go and do payroll.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Richard has more experience. They sell by the spot and usally you buy drive time or where they just insert you in from say 7am to 11pm. you can buy a set plan for the week and often get free spots on the weekend.

Get something in writing dont tell them what your want to spend ask what they would suggest.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
This is the first year in the last 5 that I haven't done radio. Now Im a small guy in a small market but I can't say that Ive seen a lot of results from radio. Definitely not enough to cover the $400 bill each month. The only way that I think radio will work is if you have a definite call to action and a time limit on it so they are motivated to call right then.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Getting two vans painted green and lettered in 2016.

In comparison, most of the other marketing is wasted.
That interesting in our market with 3-5 trucks out every day. Less than 1% of our new customers come to us from seeing our vans.

I find it tough to get my head around that thought in the age of smart phones that a truck could beat the phone search for new customer aquisition.

Reactions: Blue Monarch

hogjowl

Idiot™
My take on this is you can't afford NOT to spend the $ lettering and logoing your vans, but you also can't afford to allow yourself to believe they're motivational tools. They're not. They're maintenance tools.

Reactions: TomKing
Name
Lee Stockwell
IMG_20150904_194803.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Sometimes I think I should do something marketing wise. At least get a website. But I stay booked out 3-4 weeks at a time and turn away more jobs than I like to think about. I was heading to a job in Detroit today and stopped to look at a branch of the Rouge River running through the city which I don't get to see too often. My van is pleasant enough looking but very anonymous.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

hogjowl

Idiot™
Back when I was running solo, I only lettered my van because there's a city ordinance forcing me to. So I see why you don't. Heck, it's nice to cut people off in traffic anonymously.
Now that my son is with me and I need to ramp up for his future, things are totally different.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'd love to hear some of your plans for sani bright if you're willing to share!

Chris A

Name
Chris
We have updated all our marketing material from black and white postcards ( that worked well for a long time), to full color professionally designed cards. We are also mailing to our entire database monthly vs every 3 months. After 2 months the results are pretty impressive! Some minor tweaks to the website and a new small rug specific website and we're good for 2016

Reactions: TomKing

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We spent almost nothing in marketing in the second half of 2015. I spent much of the year booked out a week or more.

Before I get jiggy with the marketing, I'd have to hire.

I think I'm becoming Art Kelly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom