Who has your 2016 marketing plan ready?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I get so tired of being brought into conversations as to we do shit work because we are young or multi truck. Could we do better? Yes, so could everyone!
Everyone has call backs Those that say they don't are fools people just are not calling you again. No company keeps everyone or makes everyone happy big or small.

We are booking out 3-5 days all year long. I would think that would be the norm for most multi truck operations. Prior to Thanksgiving we had a waiting list 10 days before last Monday.

Jordan and I could pack it all into a 40-60 pole barn and sit back and bark like we are some smart a old dog and cherry pick our best customers and we would have done it in only 7 years not 10-20.

Whew. Breath.
LOL. I'm not sure where that came from Tom. I just answered Mike's question. This old dog has never been in a race with anyone, and I don't see a finish line. I am going to work as long as I can, and if that's another 25 years and I'm 85 still doing this, I will be fine with that. Your goals and your plans may well be very different than mine, and that's fine too. That's the beauty of this business; we can all achieve our dreams and goals with planning and implementation. I think your's is an outstanding company.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Hey Art
Its against the law in michigan not to have a commercial vehicle lettered. Maybe you are not registered as a commercial vehicle but thats illegal too.

I was pulled over for not being lettered but the police here are nazis. Just wanted to make sure you knew.
Oh well. The cops here never bother with that nonsense and I've been pulled over many times. I did get a letter from the State Police once saying I had to deface my van with some kind of commercial numbers if my van was over a certain weight. I think I'm near the cutoff point so I don't put more than 75 gallons in my fresh tank. LOL.

Mikey P

Administrator
I get so tired of being brought into conversations as to we do shit work because we are young or multi truck. Could we do better? Yes, so could everyone!
Everyone has call backs Those that say they don't are fools people just are not calling you again. No company keeps everyone or makes everyone happy big or small.

We are booking out 3-5 days all year long. I would think that would be the norm for most multi truck operations. Prior to Thanksgiving we had a waiting list 10 days before last Monday.

Jordan and I could pack it all into a 40-60 pole barn and sit back and bark like we are some smart a old dog and cherry pick our best customers and we would have done it in only 7 years not 10-20.

Whew. Breath.

too bad you'll be at the Curtain Convention in April

Saiger, Marty, Stockwell and I will be speaking on how to fool home owners into thinking your chimps are the owner of the company.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
So you guys like it rough. LOL

Lets do an open mic marketing session on a wednesday. Thoughts?

I love this idea. Let's do it.

I am behind on my 2016 plan. I have done the Violand/SFS planning retreat the past two years and couldn't swing it this year. Going away for 2 days an focusing on nothing but that was a great way to get it done for the year. I was great to be in a room with other people/companies doing the same thing and sharing ideas and plans. Very inspiring and I took a lot away from it.

We've been very busy with jobs, I'm training a new admin person that started on Monday and have been getting all the utilities and permits going for our new building, and lining up contractors for work we need done there (lease starts on Tuesday)

I know if I don't set the time aside and do it, other stuff will pop up. I've seen the difference having a written plan and those goals on paper and checking ourselves against them each month has made over the past few years that we've done the written plan. It really does have an impact. Thanks for bringing this up, Tom. I would really love to participate in a webinar on this.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Able 1

Name
Keith
Still don't have my 2005 marketing plan ready... Life is good here though! I never plan in the normal sense, just find a way to make us busy, normally free..

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom