Where did BlueLINE go wrong?

Mikey P

Administrator
Why did they think that they could be the only TM (big time) manufacturer to NOT have a chemical line and pull it off?

would it have saved them?

Name
George Valliant
Thank goodness for Blueline. I was sick of looking at ugly a$$ truckmounts.

Na, i think their biggest mistake was not hiring Crazy George Girgavla as their spokes person.

Their TM's would be flying off the shelves if they just would have hired the king of mustard stain removal to promote their goods.

I hate that when that happens.. :cry:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I wonder if that why Sapphire Scientific is started to come out with a chemical line. Maybe they're hoping that will be a silver bullet to help the continue for the years to come. It would make sense that a company would need a steady stream of cash flow to come in while their machines sit waiting to be ordered. Got to do something to pay the bills.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
yeah blueline did suck by not having a chemical line, if anyone should know it should be them, as former prochem guys, prochem is the model. I think most prochem dealers would tell you that being able to sell the juice is where the money is at. a TM is a one time sale, people keep buying juice forever. cheap skates like myself are likely to buy a used machine or rebuild an older one. so if there is no juice to sell there is no money to be made off me. I love prochem stuff so I keep buying it. I think blueline was really making a name for themselves and really making a dent into prochem and hydramasters sales, however without a juice line they would never be as sought after distributorship as prochem. besides as a company it costs tons of money to tool up for machines, reels, water tanks etc, all the stuff has to be tested etc, chemicals are not like that and are recurring revenue to the manufacturer too. I think the markup is better on juice too.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
15 years ago...I paid $1200.00 for one of those CELL PHONES in a BAG.... :shock:

1 Year later the SAME PHONE was $399.00..."WITH A 2 YEAR CONTRACT"... :wink:

I was PISSED...I Told one of my dRuNkIn bUdDiEs....

One day they will give you the DAMN PHONE... :evil:

Just to GET a CONTRACT...on the minutes..."WELL".... :!: :!: :!:

The TM COMPANY....that is the FIRST!!!!!! To sell there UNIT for $5000.00.."Loss LEADER"

Getting a "EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT" on maintaince....&...."MANDANTORY CHEMICAL PURCHASES"

WILL CONTROL THIS INDUSTRY.... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

"This MARKETING CONCEPT is now officially a TRADEMARKED by ME..!!!!!!!! "greenie"... :p

take care
Lisa

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if I had to guess, to many people making to much money

Thome treated every one pretty well from what I could see

I would think the high price of metal and ecnomy probably hurt also

or maybe some one just wanted some money

there were quite a few TM that went out the door to franchises when I visited the plant

some local suppliers are not selling many TM so it has to trickle

As a former distributor for Blueline, I have a pretty good idea where Blueline went wrong. It might be the way they treat their distributors. This story is about Judson being a distributor for Blueline and consists of lying, not honoring their commitments, and cowardice on the part of Blueline.

If anyone would like to hear this story, just post and let me know. The story will come with a guarantee. If anything I say can be proven untrue, then you will be given a choice of three things I will be willing to do.

The first thing I will be willing to do if the story is proven untrue, is

Be Soaked With Gasoline and Thrown Off a Building

stuntmanonfire.jpg

The second thing I will be willing to do if the story is proven to be untrue is

Allow Someone to Use a Nail Gun to Drive Nails Into My Skull.

nails-x-ray-pic-getty-image-1-49912.jpg

The third thing that I’m willing to do if the story is proven to be untrue is

Allow My Teeth to Be Pulled Out With Pliers

13teeth.jpg

If anyone is interested in the story, just let me know.

You guys might remember my signature when I first joined Mikey’s Board, promoting Blueline, Vortex, and Power Clean.

2nd-1.jpg

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mikey P said:
Why did they think that they could be the only TM (big time) manufacturer to NOT have a chemical line and pull it off?

would it have saved them?

Funny I remember talking about that when I was there seems to me Tom though it was a big hassle and there were enough players in the chemical market or something to that effect.

Seems like they grew really fast that can be a problem too.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
yes do tell, however knowing blueline I bet you have already got a threatening email telling you you better be silent. I know another former distributor that might have similar things to say, so in keeping with mikey's board tradition air the dirty laundry.

Mikey P said:
I would like to hear the story Les.

Why not just post it for all to read and judge?

jpeg.jpg

OK, Mikey. If you insist, I’ll tell the story. First of all, I would like to say something about Judson. All equipment that Judson manufactures is original designs. All other equipment being manufactured is variations of existing designs. Judson holds 26 patents in the carpet cleaning industry including the truckmount and the wand patent. We mind our own business and are more than fair with our customers. This is why we are still in business after 49 years without having to spend $10,000 - $30,000 pr month on an advertising campaign like some of our competitors do. We are always honest, more than fair, and do the right thing. This is why it is so hard for me to believe Blueline treated us the way they did. But I guess it shouldn’t surprise me so much, because this sort of thing seems to be the norm in the carpet cleaning industry these days. No matter what happens, Judson will not change our ways. We will continue to have satisfied customers who are using their original units in excess of 25 years. There is no other manufacturer in this industry that can make this statement.

So without further adieu, here is the story of Judson being a distributor for Blueline:

As many of you know, Judson specializes in propane powered truckmounts. We knew all along that a heat exchanger would never be as reliable, and to this day, it doesn’t come close. However, a lot of people like not having to buy propane. There is nothing new about heat exchangers. They have been around for about 20 years and a new company came along called Blueline. When I first saw one of their truckmounts, I was very impressed. Seeing that we did not manufacture a high temp heat exchanger, Judson looked into some of their units. We purchased a Champ and a Thermalwave. Blueline was even nice enough to send them on a 90 day credit. Once I got the units in my showroom, the workmanship and engineering of the unit appeared to be outstanding, from an engineer’s point of view. The units sat on my showroom floor for about a year before we sold them. I felt that we had a good working relationship. I’m glad that we did not sell the units earlier, because they had some issues with units that they had sold. Blueline sent all the parts needed to correct my units in the showroom before we sold them. I commend Blueline for correcting their issues.

100_1238.jpg

100_1236.jpg

The only problems I had with the two units that I did sell is the units would not maintain the heat that they claimed they would, but the units were being used in a residential environment where the triggers were released more often, and the units could catch up with the heat, so it never was an issue for me with these units. Since I sold them, the Champ has had a lot of trouble. I get a phone call almost weekly about it. I’ve not had any issues with the Thermalwave. It was purchased by a retired man who still doesn’t have 100 hours on it.

During the time we were with Blueline, Judson did a lot of warranty repair updates on existing systems they sold. These warranty repairs and updates were done at both Judson locations, Florida, and Greenville, SC. We had Blueline units coming from Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. We did warranty repair and updates for units sold to Servicemaster and Servpro.

100_1506.jpg

100_1501.jpg

100_1504.jpg

100_1508.jpg

The agreement with Judson on warranty repair was $45 pr hour towards credit with Blueline. This credit was to go towards parts and equipment to be purchased at distributor cost. The estimated amount for this warranty work is around $4,000 including the Greenville, and Florida location combined.

When I first came to Mikey’s Board two years ago, you might remember my signature promoting Blueline and Vortex truckmounts. About 2 – 3 months after I joined Mikey’s Board, I was told by a member that there was another Blueline distributor in Greenville and that they had been a distributor for quite a few months! So, the whole time I was promoting Blueline products, they were too COWARDLY to even let me know they had put another distributor right under me. I did some checking around to see who this new distributor was. I found out that they had made a local carpet cleaner (who I am very familiar with) a Blueline distributor. This same local carpet cleaner tried to be a Hydramaster distributor about 20 years ago. One day I had a customer walk in my front door with a brochure from Hydramaster and my customer told me that a man was in front of our building handing out literature. We all looked out the window and it was the local carpet cleaner that Blueline has made their distributor. I’m glad Judson has never had to stoop to tactics like this to sell our equipment. Personally I feel like if I’m a supplier of equipment that it doesn’t seem right to be competing with my customers, so Judson has never cleaned carpets and competed against our own customers.

2nd-3.jpg

To this day, I have never been notified from Blueline that I am no longer a distributor. I had to find this out when I called to order parts for the Champ. I was told that we were no longer a distributor and would have to pay full retail for the parts. Then we asked Blueline about the money owed for the warranty repair on the units we did not sell. We were told there is no credit. Needless to say, it takes a lot to piss me off, but I think anyone would have to agree, I had a good reason to be angry at this point. I still have had no communication with anyone other than the parts man at Blueline to get this information. That was the end of the relationship between Blueline and Judson.

About 6 months later after making a lot of good friends on Mikey’s Board, I was told by someone on this board that every single one of you know, that he had spoken with Tom Fielding about Judson. This person that everyone on this board knows says that Tom Fielding told them, that he sent Judson sales leads and that Judson took Bluelines sales leads and sold Judson units instead. This is the LIE of the story. Blueline sent Judson 6 sales leads. I called all 6 leads 3 times each. I got 3 return phone calls, and I discussed the sales of a Blueline machine only. Judson machines were never mentioned. One thing I don’t’ understand about this part of the LIE is why would I do this when there is about $3,000 - $6,000 more profit when selling a Blueline instead of a Judson.

You can say a lot of things about me. You can say I’m fat, that I’m stupid, or that I’m ugly, but don’t ever accuse me of being dishonest! Honesty and fairness is what has kept Judson in business all these years, not marketing hype and cheap shit tactics. What I would like for Tom Fielding to do is locate the leads that he sent me (and I know he knows who they are, because he sent them) and prove to all of us that I sold a Judson unit instead of a Blueline. If he can’t, how about if he PAYS me the money he owes me, since he didn’t FULFILL HIS COMITTMENT. I never sold ANYTHING to these 6 leads.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Leslie Judson Jones said:
[quote="Mikey P":133sluvz]I would like to hear the story Les.

Why not just post it for all to read and judge?

jpeg.jpg

OK, Mikey. If you insist, I’ll tell the story. First of all, I would like to say something about Judson. All equipment that Judson manufactures is original designs. All other equipment being manufactured is variations of existing designs. Judson holds 26 patents in the carpet cleaning industry including the truckmount and the wand patent. We mind our own business and are more than fair with our customers. This is why we are still in business after 49 years without having to spend $10,000 - $30,000 pr month on an advertising campaign like some of our competitors do. We are always honest, more than fair, and do the right thing. This is why it is so hard for me to believe Blueline treated us the way they did. But I guess it shouldn’t surprise me so much, because this sort of thing seems to be the norm in the carpet cleaning industry these days. No matter what happens, Judson will not change our ways. We will continue to have satisfied customers who are using their original units in excess of 25 years. There is no other manufacturer in this industry that can make this statement.

So without further adieu, here is the story of Judson being a distributor for Blueline:

As many of you know, Judson specializes in propane powered truckmounts. We knew all along that a heat exchanger would never be as reliable, and to this day, it doesn’t come close. However, a lot of people like not having to buy propane. There is nothing new about heat exchangers. They have been around for about 20 years and a new company came along called Blueline. When I first saw one of their truckmounts, I was very impressed. Seeing that we did not manufacture a high temp heat exchanger, Judson looked into some of their units. We purchased a Champ and a Thermalwave. Blueline was even nice enough to send them on a 90 day credit. Once I got the units in my showroom, the workmanship and engineering of the unit appeared to be outstanding, from an engineer’s point of view. The units sat on my showroom floor for about a year before we sold them. I felt that we had a good working relationship. I’m glad that we did not sell the units earlier, because they had some issues with units that they had sold. Blueline sent all the parts needed to correct my units in the showroom before we sold them. I commend Blueline for correcting their issues.

100_1238.jpg

100_1236.jpg

The only problems I had with the two units that I did sell is the units would not maintain the heat that they claimed they would, but the units were being used in a residential environment where the triggers were released more often, and the units could catch up with the heat, so it never was an issue for me with these units. Since I sold them, the Champ has had a lot of trouble. I get a phone call almost weekly about it. I’ve not had any issues with the Thermalwave. It was purchased by a retired man who still doesn’t have 100 hours on it.

During the time we were with Blueline, Judson did a lot of warranty repair updates on existing systems they sold. These warranty repairs and updates were done at both Judson locations, Florida, and Greenville, SC. We had Blueline units coming from Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. We did warranty repair and updates for units sold to Servicemaster and Servpro.

100_1506.jpg

100_1501.jpg

100_1504.jpg

100_1508.jpg

The agreement with Judson on warranty repair was $45 pr hour towards credit with Blueline. This credit was to go towards parts and equipment to be purchased at distributor cost. The estimated amount for this warranty work is around $4,000 including the Greenville, and Florida location combined.

When I first came to Mikey’s Board two years ago, you might remember my signature promoting Blueline and Vortex truckmounts. About 2 – 3 months after I joined Mikey’s Board, I was told by a member that there was another Blueline distributor in Greenville and that they had been a distributor for quite a few months! So, the whole time I was promoting Blueline products, they were too COWARDLY to even let me know they had put another distributor right under me. I did some checking around to see who this new distributor was. I found out that they had made a local carpet cleaner (who I am very familiar with) a Blueline distributor. This same local carpet cleaner tried to be a Hydramaster distributor about 20 years ago. One day I had a customer walk in my front door with a brochure from Hydramaster and my customer told me that a man was in front of our building handing out literature. We all looked out the window and it was the local carpet cleaner that Blueline has made their distributor. I’m glad Judson has never had to stoop to tactics like this to sell our equipment. Personally I feel like if I’m a supplier of equipment that it doesn’t seem right to be competing with my customers, so Judson has never cleaned carpets and competed against our own customers.

2nd-3.jpg

To this day, I have never been notified from Blueline that I am no longer a distributor. I had to find this out when I called to order parts for the Champ. I was told that we were no longer a distributor and would have to pay full retail for the parts. Then we asked Blueline about the money owed for the warranty repair on the units we did not sell. We were told there is no credit. Needless to say, it takes a lot to piss me off, but I think anyone would have to agree, I had a good reason to be angry at this point. I still have had no communication with anyone other than the parts man at Blueline to get this information. That was the end of the relationship between Blueline and Judson.

About 6 months later after making a lot of good friends on Mikey’s Board, I was told by someone on this board that every single one of you know, that he had spoken with Tom Fielding about Judson. This person that everyone on this board knows says that Tom Fielding told them, that he sent Judson sales leads and that Judson took Bluelines sales leads and sold Judson units instead. This is the LIE of the story. Blueline sent Judson 6 sales leads. I called all 6 leads 3 times each. I got 3 return phone calls, and I discussed the sales of a Blueline machine only. Judson machines were never mentioned. One thing I don’t’ understand about this part of the LIE is why would I do this when there is about $3,000 - $6,000 more profit when selling a Blueline instead of a Judson.

You can say a lot of things about me. You can say I’m fat, that I’m stupid, or that I’m ugly, but don’t ever accuse me of being dishonest! Honesty and fairness is what has kept Judson in business all these years, not marketing hype and cheap shit tactics. What I would like for Tom Fielding to do is locate the leads that he sent me (and I know he knows who they are, because he sent them) and prove to all of us that I sold a Judson unit instead of a Blueline. If he can’t, how about if he PAYS me the money he owes me, since he didn’t FULFILL HIS COMITTMENT. I never sold ANYTHING to these 6 leads.[/quote:133sluvz]

that right there is info you will ONLY get on mikeys board!!!!! airing of the dirty laundry. how long until customers are treated this way?? character matters and it looks like blueline has none, we all know they watch these boards, maybe they should chime in after they have sent a check for $4500 to the owner of judson.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Les;
I will look into the details of your situation and respond back to you privately. I would appreciate it if as the new owners of the BLUEline brand we be given the opportunity to stand on our own going forward rather than a past we cannot change. I'm not asking for anything more than anyone esle on this board would ask of their customers or business partners.

Bill Bruders

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Bill,

That's a great business Motto, you should always look to the future and learn from the past, but be careful how fast you move forward or you could be bit in the ass.

W

War Monger

steve g said:
that right there is info you will ONLY get on mikeys board!!!!! airing of the dirty laundry. how long until customers are treated this way?? character matters and it looks like blueline has none, we all know they watch these boards, maybe they should chime in after they have sent a check for $4500 to the owner of judson.

If Blueline reneged on the agreement of $45 pr hour discounted labor towards credit with Blueline, to go towards discounted parts at dealer cost and now Judson has to pay full retail for parts, then it seems to me that Blueline owes Judson full retail for their labor on the repairs. This would probably make the balance due over $8,000 not $4,000.

Man! I can't believe this story! I've known Les Jones for over 28 years. We served together in an artillery unit and Les carried an M60 machine gun everywhere he went. He was just like the character, "Animal Mother" in Full Metal Jacket. I would say that Les is the most honest, straight-forward person I have ever met. I can remember back when this happened, it upset him a lot. Les goes out of his way to help other people and he has personally helped me many times over the last 28 years. He is such a nice guy, that people underestimate him sometimes. If you ever cross him though, LOOK OUT! Just like Animal Mother....he is going to tear you a new @#%$&#! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

LesM60.jpg

t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txGegkyZ5cst]

Greenie

Bill,
try that approach on T M F.

You will burn in hell for all past sins, real or perceived.

It's pretty clear to me, Thom provides proof, or Thom gives up part of his golden parachute, not a whole lotta investigating to do.

Actually, Les is more patient than me, since Thom was a principle in the company, it would have already been a civil suit, and treble damages and legal fees would have been paid out this far down the line.

Of course I also am not one to Settle when being falsely sued, so I have a little more balls than to roll over easily.

G

Greenie said:
Bill,

It's pretty clear to me, Thom provides proof, or Thom gives up part of his golden parachute, not a whole lotta investigating to do.

Actually, Les is more patient than me, since Thom was a principle in the company, it would have already been a civil suit, and treble damages and legal fees would have been paid out this far down the line.

Of course I also am not one to Settle when being falsely sued, so I have a little more balls than to roll over easily.

Really ?? I guess you are waiting on Thom to ante up ,then you fess up all your sins too ??

Greenie said:
Bill,

Leave it to Cooper to back anyone that looks crooked just like Ken Harris

G

Chris Muetterties said:
Greenie said:
Bill,

Leave it to Cooper to back anyone that looks crooked just like Ken Harris

I guess you are saying Thom and Bill are crooked ?? Man you sure are selective about just who you throw stones at . Greenie must be a modern day Robin Hood in your eyes , except he kept all the loot .

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bill Bruders said:
Les;
I will look into the details of your situation and respond back to you privately. I would appreciate it if as the new owners of the BLUEline brand we be given the opportunity to stand on our own going forward rather than a past we cannot change. I'm not asking for anything more than anyone esle on this board would ask of their customers or business partners.

Bill Bruders

Don't know you from Adam, Bill
But glad you're joined us.

Your presence here so far gives every indication to me you don't shy away when it gets a "little warm" in the kitchen.
(Or whine to Mikey privately about guys being mEEn :roll: )

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Bill is not responsible for Thom's bad dealings but knowing Bill, I'm betting he does right by Les some how, some way.

maybe he can pay Judson off with the Vortex Patent... :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You'll have to excuse Cooper, he is an ass, but at least he is not our ass.

He is a *** moderator who comes here to cause trouble.

Unlike ***, mikeysboard will actually let you voice an opposing opinion without concern of deletion.

Cooper can actually say what he wants........here.

G

rctpks said:
You'll have to excuse Cooper, he is an ass, but at least he is not our ass.

He is a ® moderator who comes here to cause trouble.

Unlike ®, mikeysboard will actually let you voice an opposing opinion without concern of deletion.

Cooper can actually say what he wants........here.

you'll have to excuse Chavez . While hes a good fellow and a good businessman , hes an admin here which means he thinks its absolutely alright for Greenie to not only be hypocritical in judging Thom and Blueline , but to break the law and ignore fed courts orders .

He thinks its alright that cleaners will recieve letters telling them they must send their glides in , and has no regard for the distributors that are probably going to take the fall BECAUSE they were all grossly misinformed on the status of the glide case .

And yet I am being called the ass here . If causing trouble is imforming folks of the real deal , then I guess I am guilty .

Why hasnt any of the distributors that always post here responding on any issues concerning glides ?? Im sure theyhave probably sold a few to members here - dont you think they owe it to their customers to come clean ????

Last but not least , and this is to Greenie , what mods do you suggest to all the Greenhorn owners that will enable themto continue to use their wand properly ?? After all , without a glide , it pretty much makes the whole wand useless doesnt it ???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok since you were so nice Cooper, I'll do as they do in court.

Strike that "ass" part from my post and disregard I ever said it (works about as well as it does in court. :roll: ). LOL

James
If everyone that has purchased a Greenglides turns them in who wins?

Or WAIT possibly Ken Hairless? Mr Slide?

Maybe Greenglies should sell plans to make Teflon "wand shoes".

It would be a kit, all the instructions and where to drill the holes for the "Shoes". Then GG wouldn't m get in any trouble for making them, they would only sell instructions. :mrgreen:

You do have me a little afraid of the Glide Police, good thing we have a mean dog! :wink:

G

rctpks said:
Ok since you were so nice Cooper, I'll do as they do in court.

Strike that "ass" part from my post and disregard I ever said it (works about as well as it does in court. :roll: ). LOL

James
If everyone that has purchased a Greenglides turns them in who wins?

Or WAIT possibly Ken Hairless? Mr Slide?

Maybe Greenglies should sell plans to make Teflon "wand shoes".

It would be a kit, all the instructions and where to drill the holes for the "Shoes". Then GG wouldn't m get in any trouble for making them, they would only sell instructions. :mrgreen:

You do have me a little afraid of the Glide Police, good thing we have a mean dog! :wink:

It aint about the glides , eventually the case will go to court and hopefully Mytee will win . Its about doing the right thing , and fighting like Greenie alludes to earlier in this post but for some reason didnt have the stomach to do vs. HRI

Now wand shoes form any other company may work , but I think any subversion at this point from GG aint gonna fly .

Bob Foster

Cooper leave it to you to drag your issue over on to this thread. This thread is about Blueline and its customer feedback.

Your self righteous remarks under the guise of informing those of us you have somehow believe are naive or misinformed is almost laughable except for the undeserved smear on the reputation you are inflicting on two respectable well meaning contributors to our industry.

Most of us are annoyed at your repetitive bleating and its really boring. Like Mike asked, have you got anything to contribute or are you here just to throw rocks?

The nice thing about you is we get to bat you around and then you disappear for a month or so. Are you going to bugger off again soon?

G

Bob Foster said:
Cooper leave it to you to drag your issue over on to this thread. This thread is about Blueline and its customer feedback.

Your self righteous remarks under the guise of informing those of us you have somehow believe are naive or misinformed is almost laughable except for the undeserved smear on the reputation you are inflicting on two respectable well meaning contributors to our industry.

Most of us are annoyed at your repetitive bleating and its really boring. Like Mike asked, have you got anything to contribute or are you here just to throw rocks?

The nice thing about you is we get to bat you around and then you disappear for a month or so. Are you going to bugger off again soon?

Silly Bob , this post is a shining example of the pot calling the kettle black . I dont expect you to ever get it , because you arent the type that would ever question those around you that are intellectually superior . You are the lap dog , and lap dogs turn into fall guys.

I interjeted my comment when Greenie made a statement about using the court system and fighting to the end. Even his most ardent supporters are sure to find this laughable , especially after mounting no defense whatsoever to fight the glide case .

So for him to make that statement , and you to back him up shows just how dense you are and how stupid Greenie considers some of you .

You keep kicking my @ss Bob - your my hero .

Back
Top Bottom