What’s coming?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
For you old timers who have been through these economic cycles what do you expect the next couple years?

I have a lot of equipment and trucks and wondering if I should sell some of the setups so they don’t sit and depreciate more.

I feel like we are gonna have a really hard 12-18 months coming but I really have no idea.

What is your plan and what would you recommend?

We are now in a 6th month home sales decline as the saying goes, " as goes housing, so goes the economy"

A hard time for those with a 98% top-of-the-market home mortgage, his and her 2 1,200 month car payments, toy hauler, and the midlife crisis 1,200 a month garage trophy sports car.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
We are now in a 6th month home sales decline as the saying goes, " as goes housing, so goes the economy"

A hard time for those with a 98% top-of-the-market home mortgage, his and her 2 1,200 month car payments, toy hauler, and the midlife crisis 1,200 a month garage trophy sports car.
Yep,

Last year, I got hit the hardest with people in a hurry to have the carpet cleaned the same day of the closing of the home they either sold or bought. Those calls have slowed down dramatically, which is a relief and a scare that something bad is about to happen in our economy. It might just be back to normal pre 2019, but instead, like you said...people are now house and car broke

Reactions: Mikey P

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I’ve noticed a change here over the last 12 months.

Commercial seems harder to sell than when I first started in 2012. The people seem “off” somehow. Cold call visits are awkward, like the people aren’t sure how to hold a conversation or have a basic social interaction anymore. My son thinks a lot of people were psychologically injured from the Covid situation. It’s a harder sell too, like the money isn’t there. Facebook marketing gets zero traction. The low tier clients have been gone for a year too.

I would guess we have another two years of decline, before things turn the other way. Maybe longer if things get worse, as far as international conflict goes.

I don’t care anymore really. I’m just gonna stay in my lane and hit it hard. Ball till ya fall.

Mikey P

Administrator
I gave up on my wife going to work decades ago

I took mine to work many times including when I broke my leg and she ran the show for a couple weeks before we hired our first employee.

Maybe once or twice. She wasn't mad at me by the end of the day. Or hell, the head to the first hour for that matter.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Had to push some salt water with the backup truck today. I cant miss a day, no time to make it up this month.

Great drying weather.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't know what's coming.
But can tell you we can't find enough contractors to spend the gub'mint cheese money we have to spend.
(over a million a year in my dept alone) with expectations to be increased funding for 2023 grants

the other dept at the office does bigger stuff ($3 to $5mil projects) and they're behind too

The contractors are all too busy and begging for workers.

in private money projects, this is currently underway a few miles from the house

IMG_6348.JPG

IMG_6347.JPG
IMG_6349.JPG

$150mil manufacturing facility for electronics and batteries to power EV's and TMs

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
Note: 9-10 clean 4 white dining room chairs. two of them have wine spots that he worked on himself, quoted 20-30 linear or min 150

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I believe in two scenarios one we slow down and enter a terrible few years and have to pay our dues for all the money printed and being spent the last 5 years
Or
We go to war and ramp everything up and spend spend some more and World domination lol

As far as our industry I think we will be slower the next two years but I am an idiot

F

FB7777

No
I believe in two scenarios one we slow down and enter a terrible few years and have to pay our dues for all the money printed and being spent the last 5 years
Or
We go to war and ramp everything up and spend spend some more and World domination lol

As far as our industry I think we will be slower the next two years but I am an idiot
Not an idiot at all … in my opinion

The two scenarios you pointed out are not mutually exclusive and will both happen , the money printing created an inevitable recession…. Which is long overdue

A “military conflict” will ignite the economy again in 2025

I am positioned ‘short” in the market and have been for 3 months now

That said, our company has never been effected by a downturn in the market … a slower economy has simply reduced the number of people we turn away

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Or

I am busier than I have ever been. Looks like it's just going to get worse, I mean better. Just lost my best part time guy to a full time job. Will have to think seriously of putting someone on my other truck. Have to find the right person. Not easy.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom