We're going to test WillS' Facebook skills.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
That was gonna be my question... I see you guys are pausing your adds over night. Thats something I had never even thought about. How does facebook charge you? Is it advantageous to turn them off over night? I wonder if theres a way to track what time of day you tend to get the most engagement.

Mikey P

Administrator
I assume that the campaign ends when you set it to. If you had it paused long enough to not use up you paid for exposure, you only get charged accordingly.

@WillS is that correct?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think Will prefers to shut it off in the evenings to keep competitors from making comments at night. I think it's a bigger concern in the large metro's. We've only had a few competitors employees make foolish comments.

As Mike stated you set the budget. You also set the duration as well as the demographic you are serving your boosted post to.

Reactions: SamIam

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Final results....

Good engagements...and good shares by people.

Bookings....would need to probably do again and when not having a major 2 day snow storm in MN....Ugh!

2016-03-17 00.27.45.png
2016-03-17 00.29.00.png
2016-03-17 00.28.01.png
2016-03-17 00.28.49.png
2016-03-17 00.29.11.png
2016-03-17 00.27.36.png

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I missed both of his webinars but went back and watched them both and implimented things exactly as he said a while back. We have had some good interaction and really do pretty good compared to any of our competitors except the large franchise companies who always seem to be on top of it. I never thought of pausing at night, you can import email addresses and market just to them(awesome) and you do get alot of tire kickers. What would be fun is to run the same campaign, same language, similar picture, same demographic and compare the results. Im following this closely. We have 33 or 34 reviews on facebook and 980 likes and have done well but as always want to excel even more to lengthen the gap over the competition.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Sorry I've been MIA this week. It has been insane busy. The best thing, our past ads continue to pay off as people still reference back to finding us on FB. I still run ads, but not as heavy as we are to booked up with out them. Mike & Mark ran a small amount on those ads and had good interaction. Even if it is past customers commenting on a picture saying, "these guys are the best" it creates organic views - more importantly, their friends/family seeing their comment on your work.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I keep forgetting others are going through winter slow downs. Our "winter slow down" is in July. 110 degree temps kill carpet cleaning, even if you have an hour dry time.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Chris A

Name
Chris
It's funny. We've been boosting the same post for about a month. A week ago we ran it two days abs picked up 1000 in work. Because of that I ram it every day last week, didn't get shit...

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We re target. The repetition of seeing our ad on other sites or via Facebook right hand column helps, but nothing like boosting or campaigns. The results from those out weigh the cost of re-targeting. I'll let Stanley spend the money on that. Have you had good results with it Hoody?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
We re target. The repetition of seeing our ad on other sites or via Facebook right hand column helps, but nothing like boosting or campaigns. The results from those out weigh the cost of re-targeting. I'll let Stanley spend the money on that. Have you had good results with it Hoody?

I have a few clients that do re-targeting. It is more for the long-term brand awareness benefit than immediate work.

Reactions: SamIam and WillS

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Re targeting is like hearing ZeroRez radio commercials for 3 months straight. At one point a customer just says F it I'll try them. I've gotten pretty good brand recognition by continually running campaigns. When I haven't ran one for a few weeks, we still get those calls saying, we seen you guys on Facebook a while back.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
That was gonna be my question... I see you guys are pausing your adds over night. Thats something I had never even thought about. How does facebook charge you? Is it advantageous to turn them off over night? I wonder if theres a way to track what time of day you tend to get the most engagement.

If you set a lifetime budget for a campaign rather than doing an amount per day, you can set the times the ad runs and then you don't have to manually pause it. In other words instead of creating a campaign that runs 2 days and has a budget of $100 a day - set a campaign with a lifetime budget of $200 and run 2 days - then set the ad to only run 8:eek:oam to 10:00pm, or whatever you choose.

EDS

Name
Ed
So Mikey and Mark,\

Are you guys still advertising on Fb? Very curious to hear what a year shown you guys?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have a few clients that do re-targeting. It is more for the long-term brand awareness benefit than immediate work.
We did for 6 months for mold & fire. Bigger ticket items that people might think over before making a decision. Never for carpet cleaning.

Hoody send me pricing for remarketing when you get a minute. I can't do anything for a while but when we can it be worth considering again.

EDS

Name
Ed
We did for 6 months for mold & fire. Bigger ticket items that people might think over before making a decision. Never for carpet cleaning.

Hoody send me pricing for remarketing when you get a minute. I can't do anything for a while but when we can it be worth considering again.
Brand awareness is something I am trying to create (except around here with the crazy unpleasant asshole label) for my company.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

EDS

Name
Ed
Had a previous customer rebook through Facebook today. Effortless.

So perhaps do some Facebook advertising for the sole reason of promotion rather then instant results. Build some brand recognition (that's what I'm set up to do from day one...sucks the big one that half of my g reviews say my name...) while increasing social media interaction which google loves...

Don't expect bookings and expect other carpet cleaners try to troll you...some of the info I got from here...

So if I want brand recognition I should have a target audience , postal code (zip), ect...

Time of add should count too... can I control that? Do office hours? 1 hour lunch breaks for the target demo...

Pet owners are probably a must...

Age? Maybe check census data for target areas and then compute...

We just had a mandory census...us Canadians have a whole ranch dedicated to stats...

Said this before: ever hear about the statician who drowned in a river with an average depth of 6inchs?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
What I find with the grungy before and afters and I live in ghetto, for the most part is a lot of price shoppers and some work.

A lot of activity, what worked well was a tile before and after I got some good leads off that.

Went back to another tile campaign booked two tile jobs in a day, and my pet before and after gets a
Good response also.

The grungy restore photos get a lot of page likes but mostly price shoppers.

2 rooms hall
$85 and they're saying wow that's high.

So maybe I'll run more tile and grout and upholstery.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom