We need a "Not So Hard Surface" forum here...

Mikey P

Administrator
Well the day was coming...

1593215694125.png

the trackless "spurs" on my Teflon glide scratched the heck out of a brand new Vinyl Plank floor today.

I wont call it Luxury because this Shaw product is complete garbage.

1593215683407.png

I noticed the scratching going on when I went against the grain almost right away so I switched to my WP HS wand to finish the project.

Luckily I caught it quick and even luckier I was able to use 0000 steel wool to make the damage virtually invisible..
As I worked deeper into the home I discovered over a dozen scratches that the home owner says the movers caused.
Some of the scratches that made sense, others I think could be the dog's toenails or maybe a Flea Circus skidding on their roller skates....

I went next door to the model home show room to test a plank and found that it took almost no effort to create a (against the grain) scratch with the screw driver on my pocket knife. She's only been in the home for a few weeks and has a six week warranty on all surfaces. I STRONGLY suggested that she get them to change out the floor ASAP. One year from now it'll be a sight to see.

TEST TEST TEST folks!!!!

and her builders grade poly carpet already looked 6 years old.....

$340k Town House.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Well the day was coming...

View attachment 100514

the trackless "spurs" on my Teflon glide scratched the heck out of a brand new Vinyl Plank floor today.

I wont call it Luxury because this Shaw product is complete garbage.

View attachment 100513

I noticed the scratching going on when I went against the grain almost right away so I switched to my WP HS wand to finish the project.

Luckily I caught it quick and even luckier I was able to use 0000 steel wool to make the damage virtually invisible..
As I worked deeper into the home I discovered over a dozen scratches that the home owner says the movers caused.
Some of the scratches that made sense, others I think could be the dog's toenails or maybe a Flea Circus skidding on their roller skates....

I went next door to the model home show room to test a plank and found that it took almost no effort to create a (against the grain) scratch with the screw driver on my pocket knife. She's only been in the home for a few weeks and has a six week warranty on all surfaces. I STRONGLY suggested that she get them to change out the floor ASAP. One year from now it'll be a sight to see.

TEST TEST TEST folks!!!!

and her builders grade poly carpet already looked 6 years old.....

$340k Town House.
You get what you pay for.

Mikey P

Administrator
100% waterproof for a beautiful, high-performing floor and features Soft Silence™ acoustical pad for noise reduction and added comfort.

Mikey P

Administrator
Posted ony FB page and blog

CONSUMER ALERT!

Considering Luxury Vinyl Plank for your next flooring project?

Do yourself a HUGE favor and test a plank or two before you purchase it by scraping it with a key or a screwdriver across the grain to see how durable it is.

I clean a LOT of this stuff and today I ran across a product from Shaw that a Teacup Poodle could damage by chasing it's tail..

*This product has a 6 mil wear layer, if you own a large dog, a teenager, a husband, furniture with legs or have small rocks in your yard, (so virtually everyone in earth) buy a LVP product that has a 20 mil wear area...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Posted ony FB page and blog

CONSUMER ALERT!

Considering Luxury Vinyl Plank for your next flooring project?

Do yourself a HUGE favor and test a plank or two before you purchase it by scraping it with a key or a screwdriver across the grain to see how durable it is.

I clean a LOT of this stuff and today I ran across a product from Shaw that a Teacup Poodle could damage by chasing it's tail..

*This product has a 6 mil wear layer, if you own a large dog, a teenager, a husband, furniture with legs or have small rocks in your yard, (so virtually everyone in earth) buy a LVP product that has a 20 mil wear area...
can I copy and paste this on my business page?

Mikey P

Administrator
this from a store who refuses to refer me, or any cleaner.

Good Morning Mike, This is Stephanie from Summit Carpets. Please do not tell people to vandalize the showrooms displays by purposefully scratching the samples, they are very expensive to replace. The salesperson can explain to customers about the quality of product they plan to purchase. Unfortunately the products are scratch resistant and not scratch proof. Some folks are not able to afford the top quality and still want the look. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I agree that their property shouldn’t be damaged.

We use samples for scratch tests.

Good vinyl when scratched you’ll see the material curl and pop off. Then you wipe it down you can’t see the scratch. Those are nice.

Reactions: FredC

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree that their property shouldn’t be damaged.

We use samples for scratch tests.

Good vinyl when scratched you’ll see the material curl and pop off. Then you wipe it down you can’t see the scratch. Those are nice.

yeah, F "them"

I wonder if the bulk sum of all the "Pergo" that was yanked out after the false promises were realized, equals a mass the size of Pluto yet...

We as consumers should have been bringing in buckets of sudsy water into flooring showrooms to test that garbage...

steve_64

This is why I clean with the grain whenever possible and why most apartment complexes and rentals switch back to carpet.
And why I don't wand anything but carpet. Brushes on everything else.

I wonder how long Brian H flooring will last with all that sand.

Reactions: Mikey P

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
yeah, F "them"

I wonder if the bulk sum of all the "Pergo" that was yanked out after the false promises were realized, equals a mass the size of Pluto yet...

We as consumers should have been bringing in buckets of sudsy water into flooring showrooms to test that garbage...

Have you been out tearing down statues also?

Mikey P

Administrator
I see no correlation between consumer fraud and not being able to figure out that George Washington or Stevie Ray Vaugn didn't sell your grand pappy into slavery.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
The right to destroy someone’s property solely belongs to the owner of said property.

Not the guy who “thinks” he has the moral high ground and thus justified to do so.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Put misting jets on your hard surface wand. They are available from any car wash supplier like dultmeiers

KSL

Name
Kent
So virtually everyone on earth, not in earth. But totally agree, is Stephanie and her crew explaining to prospects the difference between scratch proof and resistant ?, I’d guess not.

It’s only buyer beware when they have been educated and they still choose to go to lower cost route.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
the townhouses just get cheaper and cheaper yet continue to try and resemble luxury. Did a 490k 1 yrd old one last week, the poly carpet was already wearing hard in traffic lanes. 1 single lady living there not even 120lbs, no pets.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
the townhouses just get cheaper and cheaper yet continue to try and resemble luxury. Did a 490k 1 yrd old one last week, the poly carpet was already wearing hard in traffic lanes. 1 single lady living there not even 120lbs, no pets.
I did a brand-new townhouse a while ago. New construction, no one ever lived there. Beautiful, real hardwood floors but the cheapest carpet on the stairs I have ever seen. I could just about see through it. I was just there to remove paint specks before the sale.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom