Vortex Financing...what to do?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Have to run two wands all day and have a night crew to justify buying a vortex.

I say it's way overkill for a ONE MAN operation to own a vortex.

JohnnyV

The 26k for a Slide in is what would Slay me.....Thats a lot of Geeters for a machine to ride around in the back of a Uhaul.

Dan Joner

We always run two hoses where possible. A V may cost more in the short term, but I'm looking at the long term investment. It should even out cost wise if I were to keep buying other TMs; I'm sure the V will last longer. Besides, higher performance and production is what I'm after. The big billboard can't hurt, either.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
This is for Curt Johnson-

"What was the amount you financed? With all the bells and whistles?"

"A little over 93,000 all the bells except dual waste tanks. And it gets all kind of walk ups and drive by's."

Mike Brummett

My POINT is that one simply does not need to spend $100,000 on a truck and unit.
In 2005, I grossed just shy of $200,000. Not bad for a one man shop in a piddly small town. I did this WITHOUT a VORTEX! In fact, I did it WITHOUT a THERMAL WAVE! It was with the old Sledgehammer that I bought new for around 12 grand in 2001.

I HAVE spent money to keep my truck running as good as a new one, but, you know what? That is STILL considerably less than spending TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR FOR EIGHT YEARS.

If YOU want to sell yourself into slavery for seven or eight years, go for it. Call the bank or leasing company and they will be happy to draw up the indentured servitude (loan) papers.

The Vortex payment just does not pencil out for me. If I WAS going to spend that kind of money, I would much rather by TWO more Thermal Waves and late model used vans. Then, my technicians could be in 3 different parts of town making money at the same time. You can't do THAT with a Vortex!

MIKE

Dan Joner

How about one of you guys making tons of money with your cheap equipment financing my loan. I'm sure you've got bankloads of cash piled around waiting to be spent.

Besides, what does what I need have to do with what I want?

G

My AT allows me to clean at 600 psi with 09 flow and I am going to try 12 flow as soon as I get my new jets from Greenie. I can get it totally dry with an Air Path as fast as I can clean. That gives a level of service nobody by me can do. I will take the small extra expense of a big truck.

Dave

Dan Joner

Thanks, Dave, that's the kind of service performance I would expect all of us to aim for, and the big trucks help do it best.

G

Since I plummed my truck to 2.5 inch in January, I started drying every carpet completely. I can't tell you how my customers are reacting. They are SOOOO happy. There is no way I could provide this service with a van mounted machine. Chem Dry can't even get the dry times I get.

Dave

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
at my current rate of .20 a sq ft I dump a bucket of soapy water on the carpet and airpath it with the Vortex Logo on it. No complaints yet and my bucket was free I got it out of the neighbors trash.

I would love a machine like the V, I just don't have the stones that these guys with the "V" have and don't be a fool it takes a lot to commit to $80g or $90g and to the people who say why would you, I use to own and run restaurants $90gs was nothing to spend on your business and these guys pull $100g plus in salary and profit a year with the V. You wind up with less head aches and more cash at the end of the day. If my big box draws I can only imagine what a V cruising around draws

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greg.
the only one stopping you is you.there are a few nice used ones for much less then a new one.you seem like a smart guy look at the numbers.............

G

I bought an old Venturi unit about a year ago and have only change the oil, water separater, and fuel filter regularly still works great. other maintenance was a new starter and putting the back roll-up door back on its rollers. totally cost 12,500. I've put alot of hours on it. It is a good way to check and see if it is right for you. Best thing about it is I paid cash.

-JB-

Name
JB
I use to own and run restaurants $90gs was nothing to spend on your business and these guys pull $100g plus in salary and profit a year with the V. You wind up with less head aches and more cash at the end of the day.

"Life is like a shit sandwich,
the more bread you got,
the less shit ya gotta eat!"

rhyde

Name
rhyde
figure out what you want I’m not planning on driving a 6-8 year old truck mount so why buy? with my situation I save more money with a high buyout about 10K with a “Kip dealâ€ÂÂ

Dan Joner

Randy,

You're one of the few who favors a lease. I'm not strictly opposed to leasing; I've never leased anything before. The point you make about not keeping the rig for more that 6 - 8 years would certainly be an issue in deciding what financing is best. But I was thinking that a V would be worth keeping longer since its a diesel and not gas. As long as one can properly keep the unit in good condition I would think the life span of a V would far exceed any regular CDS. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your input!

rhyde

Name
rhyde
it's not about right or wrong it's about what you are comfortable with and works best for you. a lease makes better sense to me. I originally planned to put 30K down and buy the truck out right ..my accountant talked me out of it. How much labor and energy does it take you to make 30K (down payment)or an extra 440 a month...do you work to own a vortex or lease a vortex to put money in your back pocket ? for me it was an issue of lost opportunity of the extra cash thrown needlessly at something i could use for less. for me a vortex is a tool it's not a collectible item I'll dote over in 10 years

owning out right isn't alsways cheaper. The 8500.00 buyout @ 60 months 11.25% I was offered really cost more money than a 24K buyout at 72 months at 8.5% ... and that's IF I pay the 24 K buyout at the end. rates may have changed so call annie cole at harbor capitol and Kip at country run the numbers for several options and talk with your Cpa/ accountant and figure out whats right for you

the real down side is millage caps on open ended lease

Dan Joner

I just spoke with my CPA and he said that the tax advantages are the same whether I lease or buy. However, in Washington state sales tax is charged each month on the lease payment. This would add a significant amount to the cost over the life of the lease. So, it's a matter of doing the numbers as to which will pencil out through the life of the financing deal.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Dan,

that's why it's best to talk it over with a CPA how odd i didn't know they tacked on sales tax to a lease? got any relatives in Oregon you can register it with :wink:

take your time and figure out what makes sense for you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom