VCT....

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I spent all day fixing the rear brakes on my El Camino. When I pulled the drum all the brake parts fell onto the ground. It was a real bear. It took me all day to figure out how to put it all back together. I feel i am now an expert on drum brakes. I had to get this fixed so I could get to your house.

Whoever designed drum brakes was either a genius or a sadist.

5D7C2E8B-596C-47D3-81B9-91AE8B81CEAF.jpeg

Mikey P

Administrator
I spent all day fixing the rear brakes on my El Camino. When I pulled the drum all the brake parts fell onto the ground. It was a real bear. It took me all day to figure out how to put it all back together. I feel i am now an expert on drum brakes. I had to get this fixed so I could get to your house.

Whoever designed drum brakes was either a genius or a sadist.

View attachment 85806

My house?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Your reading comprehension is as poor as your ability to mix a five gallon bucket.
And you're as intuitive as a dyslexic labradoodle. Do the job correctly or walk away.. Since you obviously lack the skills to do it properly or sell the job that needs to be done it's going to look like a dog's breakfast. Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the message.

Reactions: steve_64

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Maybe lay a layer of Saranwrap down and call it shiny.

Im just giving you crap. But you know that.

A burnisher would do a lot to make that better. But all those hairs in the wax, man oh man.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Tom bailed. Ride is off since I can't let you or Jim drive the other buggy.
Dude. No one told me. Jeeze. Well at least it motivated me to buy a better sleeping bag and fix the brakes on my car.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Dude, he did the hair job and is happy with it.....
Because he did it. Wait until he finds out a so called professional can't do it any better. Barter is the same as cash. What's he going to say the next day when he sees there is no difference and he's out $3600 in tuition fees?

Reactions: Willy P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
or just shitty communicators who are projecting your inability to pre-qualify on to me.
We're not setting up a hack job whixh it appears you may end up with.You're getting solid advice from people that know about what you're attempting to do . Where you go with it is up to you. At the very least burnish it because sure as shite the little bit of gleam will come off . How do I know this? Experience.ls a great teacher.

steve_64

I like doing vct but just don't like the pay.

Scrub with tile cleaner and malgrit brush then hit it with floor wand. Throw on a couple coats if sealer wax and call it good.

You're nuts if you don't recoat it with at least 2 coats.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
He could fix the majority of the hair and crap in the finish without completely stripping the floor all the way down but it’s still a lot of work.

From the way most are responding to this thread, most don’t understand how floor finish actually goes down.

Most floor finishes don’t actually go down and adhere like one would consider individual coats of a coating. Instead they build upon the previous solids from the previous coat or “layer”, with a bit more solids.

You don’t get good build until you get at least 4 costs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom