Used My 2" Splitter Today

R

R W

Doing a rental, hooked up the 2.5" to 2" splitter (wye) from Greenglides. Man, that is such a neat setup. Thanks, Greenie and Lisa. None of the good stuff is on the GG website.....you gotta call them to see what they got.

The 2.5 inline filter is my next buy.....

Greenie

All the cool stuff is posted in the High Performance (Performance enhancing) room under the Repair room.

So...RW ran two 2s to a 2.5Y and 2.5 hose from there on his Genesis.

Greenie

Hmm....so you ran a single trunk line in, and split. How many feet of 2" to each wand?

R

R W

50 foot of 2.5, then 2 - 50 footers of 2". My son was cleaning the 1st floor carpets, and I was just standing around pickin' my nose, so I threw on the extra hose and headed up to the second floor empty for hall, touch up and steps. I had the 2nd 2.5 standing by in case I needed it. I ran 2.5 from the TM port, and just plugged up the 2nd port.

By the way, anybody that's reading this......just the 2.5 smooth flow ports from GG made one hell of a difference in vac flow. Plus, you can plug the 2" hose into the 2.5 port if your only using 2".

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Does the 2" hose fit on the inside of the port? And if this is correct are we speaking of cool cuffs?

Greenie

A regular 2" vinyl cuff will slip inside a 2.5 port. If you are coolcuff equipped there is a "starter" cuff sold ($10) that allows you to lock a 2" coolcuff onto a 2.5 port, (u will need a spare 2" male) it's the same part we use when we convert Hydro-Filters to the larger true 2" ends.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom