Upholstery Cleaning

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Cleaned 2 sofas yesterday, one was pretty clean and I cleaned with All Fiber Rinse. The second one had some ground in grunge and I soft scrubbed with BP Fabric shampoo and rinsed with All Fiber Rinse. Went back last evening after leaving dryers on them and I was not pleased with the results, the customer was OK but I am not.
Any ideas how to get this sofa on the right photo looking acceptable?

IMG_4219 (1).JPG IMG_4217.JPG IMG_4218.JPG

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
🤔 Perhaps taking your anti-OCD meds will help?🤣

It looks okay in the photos-- but If you are not happy- just clean it again the same way you did the 1st time.
It's an old sofa, probably stuffed with unfinished cotton, and may have decades of embedded crud in that stuffing.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You can try a mild oxidizer.

I have used OxyBuff Cotton Shampoo followed with an Acid Rinse on fabrics like this.

Or you can use Encapuclean O2 followed with a microfiber cloth or clean white towel with an orbital hand buffer.

Both would probably brighten that up.

I think the Encap step might make sense due to the legitimate concerns spelled out by Papa John

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Ground in grunge on a relic cotton blend couch can temperamental, for sure.

If the client is OK with it I would quit while I'm ahead. There is a possibility you can make it worse.

Then, I would dump out that bottle of BP Fabric Shampoo, or auction it off on MB, and get you a bottle of real detergent.

Something strong enough to cut road tar off an asphalt truck, but gentle enough to wash monarch butterfly wings with.
🦋

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
The top photo is the clean one and the lower photo is the one with grunge. I will go back with the Encapuclean O2 and see if I can get it to brighten up.
Love you guys and thanks for the help!!!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Nice! You da man!

Btw, have you ever used a horse hair brush before? They work well for delicate fabrics.

Also, wondering what upholstery tool you're using?

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom