ULTRAVIOLET LED FLASHLIGHT AT INTERLINK....................

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Bridgepoint wants $249 for a UV flashlight , use it to detect urine etc.

But now get it at Unitednuclear.com/cannon.htm for $99

Not an exact model but very close!

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Very Close, eh?

So, what's the wattage output of the $99 unit?

Unless you know that, there is absolutely no basis for comparison(unless the mag body is your sole comparison feature)

If the wattage is similar or superior, then the lesser costing unit is of value.

Never, ever go by the number of elements(LED's)

The Interlink unit is a focused beam, rather than a compound array of unfocused LED's. I've used both, and a focused beam is much better.

G

Buy a few of them Shawn and sell them to those broke dick karpet kleaners in Kalifornium. If they work great, then sell them to us!

Chad

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
SH-Yawn those BP lights are made by Maglite but I can't find them listed anywhere. And the one for $99 is by maglite too.

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
I have had this unit for 2 years. Pricey, but good.

riskreactor.com/Black_Lights_UV_LEDs/B32LEDM_UV_LED_380nm_Blacklight_Flashlight.htm

Fon Johnson

I have the new $39.00 light from Bridgepoint. I have to say that for the size and price, it works quite well, even with the lights on. I think that I don't look as cool as I thought I would with it though.. The one they sent me is PURPLE! LOL :roll:

This one works so well, I do intend to purchase that $249.00 light. I feel certain that with that one, you will be able to use it at a pretty good distance in fairly bright light and see well.

I'll post a picture of my purple light here later..

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
After playing with the lights myself I'm impressed.

The 250.00 dollar version is not "Made" by Maglite. It is a conversion made by XeLED to fit the Maglite.

I have found two other websites that sell the Maglite version and all are within a few dollars of what Interlink sells them for.

The performance IMO is the same or better than the Spectroline just more of a concentrated beam so you don't get quite as wide of berth as the spec. Nice thing is you don't have to replace a 180.00 bulb. You can switch it on and off at will and not have to wait for it to cool down in case it accidentally gets unplugged. You have over 10,000 hours of bulb life and your just replacing batteries, that don't dim, they just go out when exhausted.

The difference between the 40.00 version and the mag is night and day. For the money the less expensive one is worth it if you don't have anything else and can't pony up the dough for the mag, but the Mag wins hands down.

Ya I sell them, but I don't sell anything I wouldn't buy myself.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So why wouldn't he $99 model work?
It would be alot better than the little $39 one?

Fon Johnson

Yeah, I wanted (needed) the $249.00 light, but they did not have it in stock. They did have the $39.00 light in stock, and I needed one overnight so.. It works well in the dark, and ok in moderate light. I can only imagine that the maglite will work in near daylight conditions well too.

Are they cheap? No. But look at the performance compared to more expensive lights that are much more susceptible to damage.. Definitely worth the money in my book.

Jimmy, just go to Spencer gifts and get you a black light bulb to screw into your drop light! :p

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I'd be curious to see how that 99$ model compares. If you get one Jimmy let us know. I'm all for directing my customers to the best thing even if they don't buy from us.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Fon Johnson said:
I have the new $39.00 light from Bridgepoint. I have to say that for the size and price, it works quite well, even with the lights on. I think that I don't look as cool as I thought I would with it though.. The one they sent me is PURPLE! LOL :roll:

I'll post a picture of my purple light here later..

Fon - Sorry but you got the purple light that was specially produced for Peter Seltzer.

Scott Warrington

Fon Johnson

This one, huh?

IMG_0785.jpg
[/img]

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Both flashlights used focused beam technology. This makes the area covered by the UV somewhat smaller but more intense. This allows it to work even when some other sources of light are present.

The smaller flashlight retails for $39.99, uses 3 "C" batteries and runs up to 60 before needing new batteries. It can be used in daylight if you are close to the stain, but works much better in dim light. Bulb life is up to 100,000 hours.

The $249 flashlight also used a focused beam. It has out put equal to lights selling for around $400. More convenient to use because it is lighter weight and turns on immediately (no warm-up time).

The light has a Maglight housing, uses 4 "D" batteries that last up to 8 hours before the batteries need to be changed. It can illuminate areas up to 100 feet away (only in total darkness). This allows the technician to inspect a moderately dark room while standing in the center of the room rather than needing to get with-ion a few inches of the surface he is inspecting. Bulbs last for up to 10,000 hours.

We are used to measuring the output of UV lights in watts of energy produced. With conventional UV lights most of that energy is actually heat. Because LED lights don't get hot, they produce the same amount of light with only a small fraction of the power. So don't be mislead by comparing the wattage of a LED flashlight with the wattage put out by a convention UV light.

Scott Warrington

PS Don't forget to get the amber glasses to
1. Protect your eyes.
2. Make the glow easier to see
3. Give you the cool CSI look when wearing them.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Thanks Scott,
I will get the glasses, and I know I will be a chic magnet.
How many LED bulbs are on the $240 light? I had the ad, but it got tossed after a coffee spill mishap. Is there a link so we can check it out online?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Charles - Three bulbs in the larger flashlight.

For information on-line www.interlinksupply.com enter product AX13 in the search box to go to the first information page. You will also see a place to click for the spec sheet.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom