To groom or not to groom?

Name
BradFenstermaker
Only groom after protector.

Some have asked me to teach them the technique so they can mow there yard the same.

Me triangles are a work of Art.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I brush all mine..give it a nice uniform look......nothing worse then going into a home behind some other cleaner and finding they left corn rows in the carpet that have been there for 6 months......

grandibrushconverter_ab32_lg.jpg

one side to scrub in the pre spray and one to groom the carpet...one tool .....2 jobs.....

Name
I'm Rick James
Jim Martin said:
I brush all mine..give it a nice uniform look......nothing worse then going into a home behind some other cleaner and finding they left corn rows in the carpet that have been there for 6 months......

grandibrushconverter_ab32_lg.jpg

one side to scrub in the pre spray and one to groom the carpet...one tool .....2 jobs.....

Love the idea.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
things in the po part a town is a TAD different from what yous all live.....but you'll see....soon!

Greenie

Triangles were one thing, but when customers asked to leave "the little swirls" from the rotovac....I was thinking to myself, Lady this ain't Bama, those will be hell to vacuum out.

I will say, plenty have requested to leave swirls and triangles....what is with people?

I definitely think a uniform carpet "looks" much better.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
It is not Just carpet cleaning...............

When I owned my carpet store.....Many HIGH END cleints...DEMANDED a Saxony or Plush...
Specifically so they could see the Vacuum Marks...and Foot Prints...."Go Figure"....

Maybe it is a Southern "ThInG".....They felt that it was a cleaner & richer Look....
Southern women take pride in a CLEAN HOME...They want there freinds to know they
just vacuumed...

I can remember my Grandmother.."YeLl-In..Don't walk on the carpet.!!!!! I just vacuumed it"

Sooooo....Maybe, This is why cleints like the "Triangles" left after cleaning....

WE LIKE GRITS TOO !................They are not for EVERYBODY !.........

BUSY BEE

I don't rake the rentals (waste of time for obvious reasons) but always rake the residentials, I think raking the stairs/stairwalls leaves a professional look. After reading all the debate on this I couldn't help but chuckle about a web incident last year with Rob Allen.
He downloaded a video of a "finished" carpet cleaning job on his website where the stairs had mini-triangles on the walls of the steps, it looked like chit!!!!!!
I told him it looked like Jaws was coming to eat me and how come he didn't rake the steps, then he replied in an irritated tone that his helper did the job. Why would anyone show off their helper's hackasoreass work? He cracks me up! Anyways I guess it's also what the custy wants their carpet to look like.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
TimP said:
No they don't GAS if you groom or not. It doesn't do a damn thing for the carpet. If they don't like the triangles they can vacuum them out when it dries. It's just another means of raising the price and spending more time in their home to make the customer think they are getting something for their money when in fact it's a complete waste of time. I don't groom not even with protector cause it says on the bottle of protector I use that it's not needed.

:shock: All you guys always talk about HACKS! :?: I always groom, The main reason I do is becouse you can look over what you've just cleaned while you're doing it and you can see spots that you might have missed. I can't believe none of you guys have mention that :eek: (Thats residential only)

Name
steve snail
I'm guessing that those that don't groom can also go all year on five pair of shoe cover booties...or less.

TimP

Steve in Omaha said:
I'm guessing that those that don't groom can also go all year on five pair of shoe cover booties...or less.

Never even owned a pair. :roll: And if you can't find a spot while cleaning the rug I seriously doubt you're going to find it with grooming, not to mention while vacuuming you know where spots are. Plus asking the customer what spots they are concerned with. I don't see how you can miss them. Also I tell my customers if I miss something I'll be more than happy to come back. And that very rarely happens. Only 1 time in 2.5 years that I've gone back and it was residue from the customer spot cleaning.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
dealtimeman said:
i will continue to do what my customers want and if they want triangles they will get triangles! 8)

That about sums it up.
I can just imagine some of these guys in a customers house raking the hell out of the carpet while the customer is bound and gagged in a chair being forced to watch.

"I don't care what you say lady, this the RIGHT way to do it and you'll like it!"

Name
I'm Rick James
TimP said:
Steve in Omaha said:

Never even owned a pair. :roll: And if you can't find a spot while cleaning the rug I seriously doubt you're going to find it with grooming, not to mention while vacuuming you know where spots are. Plus asking the customer what spots they are concerned with. I don't see how you can miss them. Also I tell my customers if I miss something I'll be more than happy to come back. And that very rarely happens. Only 1 time in 2.5 years that I've gone back and it was residue from the customer spot cleaning.

I am very suprised you dont use shooe covers. What do you do when you spray protector? Hope you dont tell them it comes out of the wand when your cleaning. Shoe cover not only keeps dirt out but its the visual effect on the customer. Its that clean feeling.

Years ago I use to think the triangles looked cool and left it in all the carpets I cleaned. Now being a O/O I like to grrom the carpet. I think it adds value to the service.

CleanEvo

You can always count on a good "to groom, or not to groom" post for some lively action.

I'm lovin it.... more please

Greenie

everfresh1 said:
:shock: All you guys always talk about HACKS! :?: I always groom, The main reason I do is becouse you can look over what you've just cleaned while you're doing it and you can see spots that you might have missed. I can't believe none of you guys have mention that :eek: (Thats residential only)

Keeping the action going...

The triangles HIDE the SPOTS....in Bama

duh!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Greenie said:
everfresh1 said:

Keeping the action going...

The triangles HIDE the SPOTS....in Bama

duh!

:roll: What's that supposed to mean Einstien ? Lets say you're cleaning a dark purple carpet and there are small black grease spots on the carpet You're telling me that it's not possable to miss any of them when you're wonding ?

P.S. don't you people work on Sat?

Back
Top Bottom