The World's Greatest Upright Vacuum.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
how much better are these vacs compared to the purple top $49 bissels some of us have used?? I have 2 in my own personal home never had an issue with the belts on the vacs at my home, I now use an 887 which has the same problem IMO it vacs like no other on a fresh belt, the cheap bissels vac pretty much just as good however they don't hold the massive amount of debris the 887 will, which is nice because unless I am going to vac a bunch of stuff the vac normally stays in the truck.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve g said:
how much better are these vacs compared to the purple top $49 bissels some of us have used??

We've owned and abused several models.
These are the ones we've abused;
The Clearveiw and CV II were the ones that started the Cult of the Bissell.
I was the Chosen One to enlighten the masses.

Several models followed.
The Powerforce line.
There were three different models.
One was the Powerforce
one was the Turbofoce (the purple one)
and one PF had some goofy protrusions on the dust for fine soil.
(it was the worst of the three PF models)

all had the same issue...constant filter maintenance

The Momentum got rid of the filters and sucks every bit as good or better.
So Steve, if you like the Turboforce (the purple one) which is just a Powerforce with different color an hand turbo tool)
You'll love the Momentum

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Steve, you know what a die hard 887 fan I am, right?

The Momentum is it's equal in deep down fine dirt removal, does not stall on Olefin piles and does not need the belt replaced every 10 jobs.

and it has a hose!

It's a POS but you'll get 6 months of hard use out of your $99.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Found a couple places on the internet for the BDCC Special of 74 bucks plus 6 dollars shipping. No sales tax. Badda Bing.

Golden Boy

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mikey P said:
Steve, you know what a die hard 887 fan I am, right?

The Momentum is it's equal in deep down fine dirt removal, does not stall on Olefin piles and does not need the belt replaced every 10 jobs.

and it has a hose!

It's a POS but you'll get 6 months of hard use out of your $99.

yeah you were in fact the guy who got me to try an 887, which is the best all around vac I have used to date for commercial use, the only thing I don't like about it is it too seems to like a new belt every couple weeks, lately I have been thinking about unhooking the belt after each job, so with that said what makes you guys choose this new bissel over the 887 for your jobs, the 887 holds a ton more shit, which means if you are really needing to vac in the first place you just dump it once when you are done, instead of 3-4 times getting dust and other crap all over yourself dumping the cup on say the purple bissel. what advantage does the bissel have over the 887???

Mikey P

Administrator
Actually the BM holds just as much dry soil. I'm assuming you don't fill your Sani above the cup.

The speed of the beater bar is it's strongest point.
Has a edge hose
Belts last for 2 months with hard use
Just one small easy to clean and get right back to work filter.
$99!

Grant D

How often do you replace the hepa filter? Or do you? The sponge filters are pretty black after one job and the hepa's get pretty dark after just a couple weeks.

I found I had to wear a mask when using the momentum or my allergies went nuts. I don't have severe allergies, but if I inhale a LOT of dust they show up. That was before I saw the Mikey duct tape trick, but I think that only solves about 1/3 of the problem. I switched to a proteam a few months ago.

Greenie

For Tom's pimp pic to have impact, there needs to be a good before pic.
Sounds like a MikeyMission.

Rawb

Mr Crabazz said:
Rawb said:
So how does it compare to a PV 12?

for pure vaccing gunk out of carpet?

it'll kick it's azz and every other upright on the market

for longevity?
They last us a pretty good while under some very abusive operating conditions.
They're not a rebuildable type vac though.
Other than changing the belts, they're a "throw away" vac
However, you'll never have more than a $99 dollar parts/repair bill..the cost of a new one

Wal-Doh, your daddy is just excited cause he's blown away that a cheap POS plastic vac kicks azz so well.
You should of listened to me 8-9 years ago when i turned ya'll on to the power of the Bissell and 2-3 years ago when I turned ya'll on to the Momentum.
Instead, you paid too much for that antique design Eureka/Sanitare and you're stuck with that belt stalling, no vac hose POS...dumbazz

I should give credit to the dude that turned 'ME" on to the Momentum.
But I'm not positive who it was.
They don't hang here anymore because it gets a little rough with language and less than tasteful banter at times.
But I "think" it was Aaron Steinbach (?)

..L.T.A.

Well, for $99 it wouldn't hurt to try it. I'm curious to see if it pulls up lots of dirt. It's a bagless, is it not?

Name
Eric Valentine
I bought a Momentum Wednesday after thinking I finally killed the POS Powerfarce Bagless. Couldn't kill it, even when I flooded the vac motor with water and turned it on (I hosed the thing down after cleaning a doublewide that had more dirt than carpet). I now have TWO vacs in the van, the powerforce for rat nastys, and the Momentum for everything else.

Name
steve snail
Mikey P said:
The speed of the beater bar is it's strongest point.
Has a edge hose
Belts last for 2 months with hard use
Just one small easy to clean and get right back to work filter.
$99!

Do I sense the presence of Billy Mays

Back
Top Bottom