The World's Greatest Upright Vacuum.

Mikey P

Administrator
Is even better with a tight fresh belt...

belt.jpg

Do yourself a fave and put a new belt in when you buy it. The stock one will be stretched out.

You won't believe the performance of this piece of shit when the belt is snappy.

Ya just got to love a $99 Professional vacuum.

Funk it up and buy a new one.

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: The World's Greates Upright Vacuum.

I'm betting the Momentum will kick Werner's Cleartrack's ass.

I'd like to challenge Ron to buy one at a place he can return it to if it loses and let us know what he finds out.

I have no doubt that Ron will tell us the truth.

Farenheit251

I like the performance but it takes about 2 jobs before the new vac looks like something from a pawn shop. Way too many cracks and crevices for a quick wipedown to make it look decent.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Don't forget to pimp it out. See photo

I removed the hose and then turned the white plastic tube so the angle to the hose would fit. The tape is to make sure there is a tight seal but the hose fits just fine.

IMG_1019.jpg
[/img]

I picked one up a few months ago and used it twice, it was covered in dust after each use. Filtration is verry bad.

Mikey P

Administrator
Build up the cam on the cup for better dust retention.

and the slight amount of dust it loses is not an issue considering how much more it pulls out.

for $99.

Ernie G

The price is right, but I can't bring myself to walk into a clients house with such a toy-its the perception of being unprofessional with equip like that-JMHO.

T

The Magician

Mikey what vac. is that?

What till you see the new magic vac. suck like no others. Made in Korea so its backed by Us.
(South Korea and its cheap??????????????? Discounted to Mikey board members.

Now you see it........but what where?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Magician said:
Mikey what vac. is that?

Bissell Momentum, Jimmy

Pretty sure I've seen them at Niles Sam's Club for $89
Home Depot sells them for $99

there's a dozen different models of Bissells, so be sure you're looking at the "Momentum"
It's a copper colored Bissell

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ernie G said:
The price is right, but I can't bring myself to walk into a clients house with such a toy-its the perception of being unprofessional with equip like that-JMHO.

Buy a Vortex and while the whole family is out side drooling over your Stainless waste tank you can sneak in with the Bissell.

Ernie G

Where's the inconstitancy in that statement? One does not make up for the other-JMHO.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have 4 Bissells, 1 of them being that vac...for $99 or less it's not worth it, the belt is always a nightmare and always breaks during the job on the 2nd floor. Went online and got a set of 8 belts for cheap and went thru them in less than 6 months.

Proteam in my opinion is a much better value.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Man what a day. Nuttin better then sittin around on a nice Saturday talking about vacuums. My kind of day. Grab me another cold one. Yippppeeeee. Hey it could be worse we could all be at Ken Snows 50th B-DAY party having to listen to his 5th Karaoke performance of the day. "You Got That Love and Felling"

Golden Boy

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
tmdry said:
I have 4 Bissells, 1 of them being that vac...for $99 or less it's not worth it, the belt is always a nightmare and always breaks during the job on the 2nd floor. Went online and got a set of 8 belts for cheap and went thru them in less than 6 months.

Holy shit what are you trying to suck up????

I used 2 of them at my temp janitorial acct for 7 weeks on 20k of carpet...never broke the belt....stretched the hell outa it though...TWICE what yours is stretched mikey.. :shock: :shock: :shock: fooker wouldnt turn even on the highest setting...lol

Guess what I tell people when they ask about what vac to buy.....yup get that little bastard, it sucks like crazy, and has great brush speed...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
floorguy said:
tmdry said:

Holy shit what are you trying to suck up????

I used 2 of them at my temp janitorial acct for 7 weeks on 20k of carpet...never broke the belt....stretched the hell outa it though...TWICE what yours is stretched mikey.. :shock: :shock: :shock: fooker wouldnt turn even on the highest setting...lol

Guess what I tell people when they ask about what vac to buy.....yup get that little bastard, it sucks like crazy, and has great brush speed...

That's exactly how it is with my Momentum! The belt never breaks, but it stretches out like a bungee jumping rope after a couple of months and then the brush simply just won't turn.
That is hands down the best performing vac cleaner I ever used. ($99.00) Customers are in shock to see what I collect after "they just vacuumed"...and Some I can see vacuuming before I start and then look at me like I'm crazy for re vacuuming everything. But when they see the results...Shock!
It takes a little longer to complete the jobs this way but feels much better.

Zee

I never talked about vac cleaners so much before I got myself a Momentum.

1 more thing: do yourself a favor and buy the burgundy color and not that dumb looking salmon colored one....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Rawb said:
So how does it compare to a PV 12?

for pure vaccing gunk out of carpet?

it'll kick it's azz and every other upright on the market

for longevity?
They last us a pretty good while under some very abusive operating conditions.
They're not a rebuildable type vac though.
Other than changing the belts, they're a "throw away" vac
However, you'll never have more than a $99 dollar parts/repair bill..the cost of a new one

Wal-Doh, your daddy is just excited cause he's blown away that a cheap POS plastic vac kicks azz so well.
You should of listened to me 8-9 years ago when i turned ya'll on to the power of the Bissell and 2-3 years ago when I turned ya'll on to the Momentum.
Instead, you paid too much for that antique design Eureka/Sanitare and you're stuck with that belt stalling, no vac hose POS...dumbazz

I should give credit to the dude that turned 'ME" on to the Momentum.
But I'm not positive who it was.
They don't hang here anymore because it gets a little rough with language and less than tasteful banter at times.
But I "think" it was Aaron Steinbach (?)

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
BS, I turned you on to the Momentum.

I remember calling you from Home Depot.

ya gots to wonder about those too sensitive to hang here dontcha?

how do they ever leave the confines of their closet?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
BS, I turned you on to the Momentum.

your nose is too big already. You don't need it to get any longer Pinocchio...

I posted about the first Momentum I bought 2-3 years ago.
I tried a search, WTF happened to the archives??

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
And for the crapholes full of dog crap and god knows what else. Get the bissel powerforce and add the $46.00 dollar charge onto the bill and throw it away after your done with the job... Or soak it a full tank of peroxide and let it dry out for two weeks. :mrgreen:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The belts were on the powerforce and the turbo one below the momentum

Bissell Momentum for our home

Proteam 1500xp for resi and commercial, we prefer the hepa bags over cups

Clients aren't always impressed when they have a $600 Myele or Dyson and you got your Bissell. I used to think the same like some of you guys, but most clients don't know about pro team, it says commercial not walmart. The momentum is a good vac, we use at home, but perception is key in this business.

just my opinion - not everyone has to agree 8)

Ernie G

I agree with Bill, I'm sure the momentum works great, its just the perception of some people when your using something that looks so cheap.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ernie G said:
its just the perception of some people when your using something that looks so cheap.

show'em what you pulled out and all that goes away.

BTW, it doesn't look any more or less "cheap" than any other plastic upright.
It is in fact cheap compared to some, cause it's not rebuildable and is a throw-away vac.

But it doesn't "look" any more or less cheap compared to any plastic uprights I've ever seen

true story..I was vaccing and Mrs Phiffs says,

"WOW, that's a nice vacuum!
I bet you paid you paid over a $1000 for that"

fo-reel!

Maybe you get one for empties and when the custy isn't home, Ernie?
'least that way you'll be doing better quality work when no one is looking.....

..L.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom