The NEW Everest 870 reveal

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
You don't need to spend that much money for a truckmount that can successfully run dual wands.

There are other machines out there that will dual wand for much, much less in initial cost, and will not be so over-engineered.

It is "pretty" though.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Steve Lawrence
A new model? Really? What was so wrong with the original issue that you needed to redo it? Really glad I switched to a company that doesn't constantly need to rethink squirt and suck.

Reactions: FB7777

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A new model? Really? What was so wrong with the original issue that you needed to redo it? Really glad I switched to a company that doesn't constantly need to rethink squirt and suck.
Butler has the same basic power pack that they started with or copied from the Cleanco classic. They have made numerous upgrades over the years with bigger and better blowers, pumps, heat exchangers, tanks, shelving, etc but essentially it's the same basic design. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Mikey P

Administrator
What was wrong with the 650?

The engine was discontinued being number one..

But getting rid of these issues is a plus.

Easy clogged HX
More difficult belt adjustments
Flow disc maintenance

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I think the problem with any TM is getting the warranty honored when there is no available service centre nearby. Unlike a vehicle where you can drop it off any dealership, a TM has to go to an authorized service centre where it is determined if it is a warranty issue or a owner issue. It's a problem when you live some distance from that service centre. I wonder how many times owners forgo the warranty and just do the repair themselves because it's cheaper and faster than having your truck laid up.

There are scores of warranty centers for Prochem truckmounts in the USA and Canada including BC.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You don't need to spend that much money for a truckmount that can successfully run dual wands.

There are other machines out there that will dual wand for much, much less in initial cost, and will not be so over-engineered.

It is "pretty" though.
Some people prefer a true manufacturer over a garage build. I'm not saying it's not a valid statement but I'd never buy a garage build.

MerCrewser

I still see the 1.6 on Zenith’s website.

I don’t like the bypass valve, unless it’s a new style that doesn’t wear out every 100 hours.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There are scores of warranty centers for Prochem truckmounts in the USA and Canada including BC.
We only have 1 warranty centre here as far as I know and people don't like him. I have a friend with a 2 year old legend coming over Saturday so we can figure out why he has excess heat loss. He went to the service centre first and couldnt get any help. Whether or not there's a personality conflict between the two, I don't know. The next Prochem shop is a 4 hour drive away unless you know something I don't. We only have 3 legitimate truck mount dealers in a population of 3 million people and 2 of them are hydramaster. If I was a better mechanic, I could make a fortune.

F

FB7777

It is "pretty" though.
I totally agree

But then most of us prefer not to pull up to job sites in soot laden rust buckets either

Reactions: Bob Savage

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We only have 1 warranty centre here as far as I know and people don't like him. I have a friend with a 2 year old legend coming over Saturday so we can figure out why he has excess heat loss. He went to the service centre first and couldnt get any help. Whether or not there's a personality conflict between the two, I don't know. The next Prochem shop is a 4 hour drive away unless you know something I don't. We only have 3 legitimate truck mount dealers in a population of 3 million people and 2 of them are hydramaster. If I was a better mechanic, I could make a fortune.

I won't address the personality issues, just that there are repair centers. Safety Express has one in Vancouver and Interlink Supply has a repair center in Seattle area (Tukwila, WA) which should be about 3 hours away.

When you hone those mechanical skills, let em know. I will have them send you a job application.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It's not a personality issue. It's an azzhole issue. I know for a fact that some of the bigger restoration companies refuse to deal with them because of the issues they've had with them honouring warranties and other problems. Ron we need another Mel.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's not a personality issue. It's an azzhole issue. I know for a fact that some of the bigger restoration companies refuse to deal with them because of the issues they've had with them honouring warranties and other problems. Ron we need another Mel.
Mel was the best. If you had an emergency, he'd drop everything and get you back up and running if he could. I just got off the phone with Safety Express and they don't sell or service truck mounts yet. They say they are working on it. I need to start building and selling my own TMS. The market is ripe for it.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I went to dinner with my buddy Lee Senter recently. He was in town teaching courses at Safety Express. My repair dude does a ton of fan and dehumidifier fixes for them. Might be time to go for a visit there.

Reactions: J Scott W

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Damon have you ran two 200' runs off your 870?
Yes. Tom and I cleaned the Cal-Fire North Ops building. I was on the Zipper and Tom was on his wand. What a blast. Then when we do my Asian Buffet place we always Dual wand. The buffet is probably 250 ft maybe 300ft total. TM makes incredible heat at 20 flow.

Also ran out over 400 dual on a memory care facility. That was a long day.

Last edited:
F

FB7777

Mel was the best. If you had an emergency, he'd drop everything and get you back up and running if he could. I just got off the phone with Safety Express and they don't sell or service truck mounts yet. They say they are working on it. I need to start building and selling my own TMS. The market is ripe for it.
That would cut in to your full time job

Posting on every thread here

Name
Jeff T
After re-reading my ‘before morning coffee’ post, I owe you an apology Laura. I’m sorry that it sounded so.... asshole-ish.... as you are the face of Pro-Scientific here on MB, i was directing my frustration out on you unnecessarily, It wasn’t warranted or needed. I guess I went a little overboard.
Again, I’m sorry.
Jeff @ SCC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom