Soda Blasting Questions

Is there some where's were you can take a class on specialty soda blasting?(ei. practice difficult situations, and specialty blasting)

Also, I was wondering what type of media you guys use? I've heard really good things about glass. nice and hard and pretty cheap. I heard its like .15 cents a lb. (I could be off a little) What is the difference and what situations are best for what type of media?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've not heard of any classes of that type, that are not a part of a blasting franchise.

Check with Wayne Lawrence at Grand Northern, see if he knows of any.

We've not done any bead blasting, but as you've said I've heard it does real fine work.

We used walnut shell, that some aggressive chit. It hurts any uncovered skin.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I've never seen any classes either. We were lucky, our first job was the bottom of about 1500 s.f. of roof decking in a home that we had packed out and had removed all the carpet in , so we had a pretty forgiving environment to learn in! By the time we were finished, we finally had it down. We learned a lot on that job. Thank God it was empty and really nothing to worry about. Otherwise, we'd still be there cleaning up.

I am not too worried about the actual physical work. I wanted a class on the technical things and wanted to learn about all the different types of Media. Soda blasting is not hard its just like power washing and sand blasting. I wanted to be better educated. I'm good at selling jobs I have great relationships with my customers. The more knowledge I have the easier it is for me to sell. I'd love to take a class all about Soda Blasting if anyone heres of one let me know. Thanks

Ed you know there is a water restoration class tommorrow in Rochester at the cleaning cupboard. 585 235 3010 to sign up a couple spots are left I think 4 seats so if your interested call right away. If all goes well with the job I'm finishing up I really want to be there tommorrow.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Thanks Rob, but we got too much going on right now. I took WTR there a few years ago with Tony Mascalluso. I think that was the instructors name. I know it was an Italian last name! Nice folks at the Cleaning Cupboard.

yeah Ed I remember....I think that was when I used to work at the Cleaning Cupboard...I remember meeting you....good talking to ya....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom