Should i clean it or not?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Long time customer had toilet over flow and wants me to clean it up. But i dont do water damage even though i took the class maybe 20 years ago.

Im thinking if its brown water-- then carpet and pad should be replaced. Should I tell her to hire somebody who specializes in this or just clean it with hot water extraction and disinfectant?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Long time customer had toilet over flow and wants me to clean it up. But i dont do water damage even though i took the class maybe 20 years ago.

Im thinking if its brown water-- then carpet and pad should be replaced. Should I tell her to hire somebody who specializes in this or just clean it with hot water extraction and disinfectant?
If there was feces/urine in effluent, it's nearly impossible to correct it with cleaning. It comes down to what she is prepared to pay and what is she prepared to live with. If it's a small area, you can minimize the problem with cleaning and disinfectants but the floor and pad will still have some contamination.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I refuse to clean those situation...even in janitorials.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
You'll have to use your own judgement, If its a small area and she doesn't want to claim insurance then maybe

If its water from the bowl it could be argued Cat 1 or 2 ie cleanable, if effluent Cat 3 and replace if going by the standards

having said that I just came from a house where a dog ran through the house with diarreah.. cleaned it

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
And here we clean dog and cat PISS INFECTED carpet using quats and enzymes....oxydizers bla bla bla.

So in reality why don't you turn down those jobs?

Is DOG AND CAT piss and shit better than a toilet over flow?
Localized accidents are easier to take of. It's a lot different when you have piss and shit contaminated water soak into carpet, pad and wood floor. Having said that, I have recommended replacement for carpets that have been abused by animals.

Reactions: Jimmy L and DAT

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Localized accidents are easier to take of. It's a lot different when you have piss and shit contaminated water soak into carpet, pad and wood floor. Having said that, I have recommended replacement for carpets that have been abused by animals.

If it was a backup you also have to consider bacteria and diseases that are also brought up with those turds

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom