See "The Purple Rug Cleaning Monster" at Rug Summit 10

Ron K

Tom that was a large rug 10X14? How long did that take to go through the Purple Rug cleaning monster?

Got it haven't seen it.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Tom that was a large rug 10X14? How long did that take to go through the Purple Rug cleaning monster?

Got it haven't seen it.

The rug in the video is 13'8" X 14'9"

I am not sure what speed they had the conveyor bed set at. My guess it was around 6 feet per minute. (The controls allow for an adjustment slower or faster)

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Wonder what Hagopian's water bill runs? :eekk:

My old plant that shut down in 2006. My Roll-A-Jet Moore Machine wide open could discharge 100 gallons a minute. Aux water tanks were needed. 48.jpg 92.jpg

Reactions: dgardner

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Daddy want...Daddy can't afford...:cry:
Were those numbered ink cartridges on the rolling machine? Is that how you get them so clean, redye the bright color back into it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
That is silly sweeeeet! The guy down the road has a really nice set up. He cleans a serious volume of rugs. He gives tours I should go and take a look.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Were those numbered ink cartridges on the rolling machine? Is that how you get them so clean, redye the bright color back into it.

Those "cartridges" are actually holders for questionnaires we send out with every order. They are color coated so that even if the customer doesn't fill in their information, we at least know which of our drop off locations they used.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sooooo Brian....what IS that soapy looking stuff yor spraying on that rug.....a pre-spray or would you call it an emulsifier?

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
I dont do rugs right now, but it is something I would like to add to my biz in the future.
From your comment I take it this is a machine for someone who does allot of rugs.
How many rugs a day should I be doing in order to utilize a machine like this?
That would give me something to work towards as my Biz grows:biggrin:

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I dont do rugs right now, but it is something I would like to add to my biz in the future.
From your comment I take it this is a machine for someone who does allot of rugs.
How many rugs a day should I be doing in order to utilize a machine like this?
That would give me something to work towards as my Biz grows:biggrin:

These are machines for processing a 100 or more rugs a day. I have been to plants that have processed 200 to 400 in one 8 hour shift. There are a number of plants that have these machine set-ups that don't currently achieve that number anymore. But their investment years ago paid for itself many times over. I'm talking about those that bought them in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and so forth...

A number of Moore in-plant operations have their buildings and machinery paid off years ago and therefore don't need now that production rate to satisfy their current expenses. However, to start up with such an investment in equipment would require the volume I described above.

May I recommend that you build strategic relationships with companies that already do a fine job in rug washing. Perhaps they will give you a wholesale cost and safe you the headache otherwise.

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
These are machines for processing a 100 or more rugs a day. I have been to plants that have processed 200 to 400 in one 8 hour shift. There are a number of plants that have these machine set-ups that don't currently achieve that number anymore. But their investment years ago paid for itself many times over. I'm talking about those that bought them in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and so forth...

A number of Moore in-plant operations have their buildings and machinery paid off years ago and therefore don't need now that production rate to satisfy their current expenses. However, to start up with such an investment in equipment would require the volume I described above.

May I recommend that you build strategic relationships with companies that already do a fine job in rug washing. Perhaps they will give you a wholesale cost and safe you the headache otherwise.

Thats good advice, thanks !!!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
adding rug cleaning to my business has been the single largest boost in income and i don't even do the cleaning. a local guy down the road does it for so cheap its silly to do it myself. pickup and deliver, super easy.

rmann

Name
Robert Mann
The ARCS board - I'm not on the board - wanted to try something different this year. ARCS will have a booth at ICE Vegas next January with hands on rug i.d., rug i.d. quizzes, and lots of networking. ARCS will also present three talks and panel discussions open to all ICE attendees during the show on topics concerning in-plant cleaning. There will be a 'ARCS Skills Day' offered the day before the ICE show opens with a full day of hands on training for attendees. The ARCS skills day will be offered free of charge to all ARCS members; a small number of guest passes will be available for non-ARCS members attending the ICE show.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom