Sapphire Scientific 370ss heat issues

Bosco83

Name
Brian Boczkiewicz
I'm having heat issues with a used 370ss I recently purchased. I have no prior experience with a truck mount before.

When started cold and put a funnel in vac hose the machine heats up just fine. At around 235-240° the bimba valve goes to non heated position and doesn't open back up. If you manually open the bimba valve it heats up again but still returns to non heated position. I don't see any evidence of it bypassing Hot water into waste tank. So far all I have done is lubed the diverter valve with copper antiseize, it seems to move freely. I also removed the two lines going to the bimba valve and sprayed wd40 in it. Any suggestions? I'm assuming it's either the bimba valve has failed or the Mac valve failed. I don't know how to test them though.

Thanks,
Brian

Bosco83

Name
Brian Boczkiewicz
I haven't taken it to the dealer yet. That's kind of a pain just because it's a 260 mile round trip. My wife has to follow me to take me back home. Then drive me to pick it up.

What if I put a spacer on the shaft and have it out like 3/4 of the way to keep it from closing? Would that hurt the machine?

Mikey P

Administrator
I haven't taken it to the dealer yet. That's kind of a pain just because it's a 260 mile round trip. My wife has to follow me to take me back home. Then drive me to pick it up.

What if I put a spacer on the shaft and have it out like 3/4 of the way to keep it from closing? Would that hurt the machine?
dont do that...

Call Scott @ SS @ 360 202 7186 tomorrow

Reactions: Bosco83

Bosco83

Name
Brian Boczkiewicz
I spoke with Justin from legend brands and he gave me a few things to checkout tomorrow. I'm going to remove the lines from the bimba valve and inspect for cracks, kinks or water in them. Thanks for the reply's! I'm completely new to this industry and it's really awesome how much support experienced people give!

Mikey P

Administrator
Just updating the post in case anyone else runs into this issue. Justin was spot on, I removed both the lines from the bimba valve and one of them had worn a hole through it. I replaced the both and now it's making heat properly!
Good to know, where was the hole?

Bosco83

Name
Brian Boczkiewicz
Good to know, where was the hole?
Looks like the belt rubbed a hole in it.

CF60518C-A63F-43D0-9BEB-A67D656D0DCB.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom