Sally's/Vol 40/H2O2 - how do you use it?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
for me it was never about being a BDCC....it was about those perfectly measured hydroforce ready bottles....and Sally's being like 3 miles away

edit: but to be honest I never saw gallons at sallys.......so at the smaller volumes + tax + time +gas it wouldn't really be a saving over the ~$20 a gallon w/shipping it would cost me from Cobb

Edit 2; Just don't let him sell you any shytee products or convince you that his solvent based products are actually good for your health

Fred;

Did the DMSO work on your shoulder ?

I have used it on *^#% shin bruises quite successfully.

Larry

hogjowl

Idiot™
My problem with Larry's is I get a different recommendation of what to buy depending on who (at Cobb's) I talk to. Larry recommends some kind of powder and one of his guys sold me a liquid.

What does everyone else buy from Cobb's, for hydrogen peroxide.

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
My problem with Larry's is I get a different recommendation of what to buy depending on who (at Cobb's) I talk to. Larry recommends se kind of powder and one of his guys sold me a liquid.

I remember our salesman there telling us not to call on Wednesday, one of his days off...

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads

You're a chemical supplier so I understand you have to say what you said.....IF you have to say anything at all. Personally, as a potential customer of any supplier, I don't buy from those that think they can call me stupid whether they are wrong OR right. Interesting sales pitch to say the least.

I buy HP at $18.30 for one gallon, which I dilute into 2 gallons. So one gallon is $9.15 which makes a quart cost of $2.29. A quart of Stain Magic is around $20 for a quart, from what I see online. That's TEN TIMES MORE than what I am paying, and using, and using successfully. I realize most "homemade recipes" might not work or be feasible or be cost effective. For me this one is.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
My problem with Larry's is I get a different recommendation of what to buy depending on who (at Cobb's) I talk to. Larry recommends some kind of powder and one of his guys sold me a liquid.

That's OK Marty.

Since many are using stronger concentrations with our new UV light,

I am recommending the 40 vol (12%) DC Liquid Brightener.

The 12% is good right out of the bottle for those very difficult stain removal jobs.

For carpet prespray boosting,

the DC Powder Brightener is more economical and has a higher pH.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're a chemical supplier so I understand you have to say what you said.....IF you have to say anything at all. Personally, as a potential customer of any supplier, I don't buy from those that think they can call me stupid whether they are wrong OR right. Interesting sales pitch to say the least.
He can be harsh but it's tough love. No distributor is going making a killing off selling you a couple of quarts a year of any product. As gruff as John's response is he's just trying to let all cleaners (not necessarily yourself) see the big picture as far as liability and exposure. If it doesn't say it's for carpet cleaning then you're using the product for something other than what it was intended and assuming all liability.

You're a seasoned cleaner so I know you already know all this but not everyone thinks about it until it's too late. Then John gets those calls asking for help in correcting a homemade brew. That's why he's so bitchy! :biggrin:

Reactions: Barry-QDCC

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I keep a shelf full O Shit in the Rig, All name brand Mfg made chems for the Exact Reason Olson explained.

However, I ain't wasting that High Dollar Fancy All Legal and Purdy labeled shit on Rat Nasties when a Warranty plays no part in the process. Getting it CLEAN does.

And Cobby,
Do you think the Salon Chemical Industry Guys would approve of what your spewing?

Anyone ever asked Sally's for an MSDS ? By law they must supply it : ) heck its probably on Google for Freddie to find.

Just to kick a Ded Horse,
All the Sally's Franchises plus all the Franchise and Independent Salons that purchase goods from them. Just to fix Purdy Ladies Hair.

oh my, Keep yur Hat on Tex!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea we all assume some risks everyday with everything we do and use. The key is to minimize your exposure as much as possible. So if it's paying a little extra to pass that liability on, it might be worth it to you. ???

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have Sally's msds on the truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

That's funny.. :lol:

Now, having msds from Sally's is probably not going to make our resident salesmen happy either. Since the product is still not labeled for carpet cleaning use.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Yea we all assume some risks everyday with everything we do and use. The key is to minimize your exposure as much as possible. So if it's paying a little extra to pass that liability on, it might be worth it to you. ???

True. I look at and do things differently as a one man band than I did as a multi-van operator.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Everybody's friend Wikipedia says: pH of H2O2

Pure hydrogen peroxide has a pH of 6.2; thus it is considered to be a weak acid. The pH can be as low as 4.5 when diluted at approximately 60%.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
The ph on the msds for a couple 40vol clear developers I found range from 3-4.5

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Y’all are just confusing me… FYI, not hard to do…

This is one of those threads that are super important!

You should be printing what does make sense.

They are discussing over the counter meds vs prescribed : )

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Fortunately the products formulated for our industry are a bit more "pH and fiber friendly" for cleaners.

CTI Stain 1: 6.5 pH
CTI Stain Magic: 9 pH, RTU
Bridgepoint Stain Zone: 5.5 pH
Prochem Oxy Rescue: 5.5-6.2 pH
Hydramaster Knockout 1: 5.0 - 5.5 pH

Thanks. I often wondered about this. Do you know what CTI USR pH is? I use this quite a bit, occasionally spiked with an ammonia product. But I suppose that would raise the pH.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John, on most chemicals I am happy to pay the price. And as long as the cleaning is good & it does not violate carpet manufacturer's warranty, I'm happy.

However, and I am not saying that you make too much money on it (I am sure you don't), the price difference between what we can get it for and the price we pay for say Stain Magic, is way out of whack.

Could be that there are other issues that drive the price up which I am not aware off. I am still reluctant to pay such a high price, for something that I can easily get which will be pretty similar, for a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I had a soldier bring a rug to the shop with a very dark yellow pee spot on it. Hand made Afgan, dark green, gold and black. I told him I would have to do drastic measures and he was ok with that. Sprayed 40 vol. on it and let it sit all day. Almost no change. It may have lightened a little. Then I hit it again with fresh 40 vol. followed by a spray of ammonia. Next morning, almost perfect. Did it again and by the end of day it was gone. Not 1 bit of color loss of the rug. No more stain magic for me. I've wasted so much money on that stuff and never got good results. That goes for stain1 and stain zone. Never have seen any carpet police in the area. I'll take my chances.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom