Rug washing steps I dont care about...

Mikey P

Administrator
LUj6xONpeiVFybGHXdynLISlKaz6LQr0FTlcN3TzA73Lm_azoilfaOazgEGzhfTWliuRZZ1NGR6hnSFW3Yj4fA02Y1dvs-KYk3EwZMwXC655Udr502yla3GXM97iweUnM1jyXgFpWKrXxt6b8yE9osMfb_AQHQSL-eHMM-LzrrnNqsYz71zDR4iOVgB-s3Fpvhb0QGn_2bTzfcUSStnfrFFiqUbEJbxkRTvAdM2KVvwoP0QVIQBu7mbAujVc5uHxc4zh2ah_IQob6BVBAofvtohYxR7etVCAnamL_uLkxFrsDMfVRLrRGALOu3TMnxdZD89a0DpDKpX-NqTYgeRgiLdHGid1D6LBX-sCB-inWlS77VPGEIyDeU8qpT_TQ4W6rZXJLt4OswvG1KTDbKLauQzlw-SFbSWryS9VEroSGYYrIVRgGDi6Mt2jcwtdWh8R7kQjxZLduPtFmqzM2Z0K20GIRtK_chq5gVLiRgcunE0CjBCYw3rDS6QH8GnPwyLFBQM-ZhyMMEnc6s_iLRhFFh9C0Ab6zdt6-_0ppPkxsaz9oDHbB_K64_-zj5eLPhyGi1qNKyyO33LzvcVEKXGGS0BoH5_2-oSt8ajnE9pEXnvcRSfUP_IkqxPi8ckaRfrH=w640-h480-no

rXGiBgiEbNozJocm6VxcqKHc0gWHS9M3kaMnAtDdm_Oc1rDCS8pn5yu0pVTE5ChwToXL4L_KWZiGLEOu-mRynTsFt_r7YcQShaZyarnVdrxYN_xDrOYgefpn606WqGX6XpZgYfSU2M_s0-k4jg96UN4tVubYMOWo_5jiRLEnedmu3b5LxPhQrlv9obD5o_D9iT3tcPbZuVwsjjzIxn5rcRpeJVBrCLbaj9lnflahgRElFt1lFRXpIyewQT7-KbBqvzmHCfQ0u0FmTLh4WqFPi6LFP5e60G6X1vJlhElbrGz5V7gosmBOT8lf2ik_GORAzV2Ojor5mOMKAsVgY7JW719T0pkGFSVavFPX3F_AYUAbT-LQLIoI1UocfWRzZ4hhrHWvSixvZp2IynZ8qD-Fu9pbDkbqth0pUef6wl5ZreTN5KJGnAle0hnetVpFJgyg7dp8t1U2GayWMWFncjaNCB6i6EIrwi-JayyAqcB7ejZ1U22-OYPd5WtjnmVlZ2wCDRVyE6JTnmbz9DZ0VN2-DbZNLrb2v-vsxM90aQ9l-9Uj2ytlLV5xIRBo1X5iv8ugHjBuuRfjL1RwR3WnFfOrhX0zP7hrYjIownSSO2Iau39PtGkLcw3MBqUeBmlgyDD-=w640-h480-no

No Pre vacuum cause I'm just not that dirty of a home owner
No Pre treat as there aint THAT much pee in it.

Just flush with LOTS of water, pour 2 gallons of a Oxidizing deo on it, let soak for an hour, flush again, vacuum, set fan, should be ready to roll by 5pm.

Tom Forsythe

The type of rug indicates that it is a Turkish knot without a depressed warp. This type of construction allows for effective maintenance vacuuming as the dirt is not down in the foundation. If it is a Persian knot with a depressed warp, then a lot of soil is trapped in the foundation over time and not pre-vacuuming is a mistake. I have been embaressed when one of my rugs was dusted at how much dirt was embedded in the foundation (depressed warp), even though I vacuum my rugs regularly with a beater bar.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
The type of rug indicates that it is a Turkish knot without a depressed warp. This type of construction allows for effective maintenance vacuuming as the dirt is not down in the foundation. If it is a Persian knot with a depressed warp, then a lot of soil is trapped in the foundation over time and not pre-vacuuming is a mistake. I have been embaressed when one of my rugs was dusted at how much dirt was embedded in the foundation (depressed warp), even though I vacuum my rugs regularly with a beater bar.
it was vacuumed fairly regularly when it was laid out in out piss palace.

Jimmy, will you write into your trust that Larry has permission to blow your head off one you're in Depends?

steve_64

It sounds like vacuuming doesn't help much. Why spend time vaccing if it really needs dusting anyway?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So the Persians are depressed but the Turks are a happy lot.

Reactions: Mikey P

Tom Forsythe

From my perspective, if you do a good job dusting then most of the job is done. We argue a lot about the proper washing techniques, when dusting is the most important part, in my opinion. My early experiences were from 1988 to 1995. We had a pit for urine soaked rugs (wish we had had a water claw), but we never dreamed of washing every rug in a pit. Especially when a good dusting and a good pre-spray and extraction rinse satisfied our customers. Extracted rugs dry in a couple of days even in the humid midwest. Pit washed rugs were a pain to dry without a proper dry room.

Of course most of the rugs we cleaned were under 20 years old. Our competition ran rugs through a Moor machine and declared they were finished once the rugs were dry. We were better at finishing in terms of cleaning fringes, spotting, and had a very good repair facility. It is good to see that many are experiencing the power of extraction with innovations like the Rug Sucker. We only had a wand and a Ninja portable. I would do it differently today, but would still encapsulate some rugs, extract some rugs and pit or tub wash some rugs depending on the condition and value of the rug as well as what the customer wanted to spend for the cleaning. Even then we sold a basic cleaning and a deluxe cleaning which included protector.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I wonder how many new decorator rugs with a variety of backings stand up to tub or pit washing without damage occuring to the backings.

Mikey P

Administrator
From my perspective, if you do a good job dusting then most of the job is done. We argue a lot about the proper washing techniques, when dusting is the most important part, in my opinion. My early experiences were from 1988 to 1995. We had a pit for urine soaked rugs (wish we had had a water claw), but we never dreamed of washing every rug in a pit. Especially when a good dusting and a good pre-spray and extraction rinse satisfied our customers. Extracted rugs dry in a couple of days even in the humid midwest. Pit washed rugs were a pain to dry without a proper dry room.

Of course most of the rugs we cleaned were under 20 years old. Our competition ran rugs through a Moor machine and declared they were finished once the rugs were dry. We were better at finishing in terms of cleaning fringes, spotting, and had a very good repair facility. It is good to see that many are experiencing the power of extraction with innovations like the Rug Sucker. We only had a wand and a Ninja portable. I would do it differently today, but would still encapsulate some rugs, extract some rugs and pit or tub wash some rugs depending on the condition and value of the rug as well as what the customer wanted to spend for the cleaning. Even then we sold a basic cleaning and a deluxe cleaning which included protector.

Only reason that It got attention was for the urine.

Dry now and back in service.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have customers who have sacrificial areas of the house for the dogs to pee on.
Sounds like you allow that too.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
You guys don't even want to hear about my rug cleaning day. Well, yes you do.
So I unrolled this pee soaked rug I have in my garage. As soon a I unrolled it my dog starts to go nuts sniffing it like crazy. Then he lifts his leg and pisses. I was so mad I could have chewed nails. I soaked the holy mother of life out of it with PLyme and let it dwell for about 40 minutes. It's drying now. It smells good. I can't wait to get this thing back to my Niece. I hate storing rugs in my garage.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You guys don't even want to hear about my rug cleaning day. Well, yes you do.
So I unrolled this pee soaked rug I have in my garage. As soon a I unrolled it my dog starts to go nuts sniffing it like crazy. Then he lifts his leg and pisses. I was so mad I could have chewed nails. I soaked the holy mother of life out of it with PLyme and let it dwell for about 40 minutes. It's drying now. It smells good. I can't wait to get this thing back to my Niece. I hate storing rugs in my garage.
Should have just left it as is. That way if you have to pee, you don't have to go back into the house.

Reactions: Nomad74

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I wonder how many new decorator rugs with a variety of backings stand up to tub or pit washing without damage occuring to the backings.
Tumble dusting is a bigger threat to rugs that use adhesives. They're just too stiff to flex without damage. Ib immersion cleaning, crappy adhesives just turn to wet clay and re-solidify when the rugs dry.

Cleaning rayon rugs with a lot of water is a crap shoot. Some turn out OK, most don't.

Ron K

Tumble dusting is a bigger threat to rugs that use adhesives.
Hate to disagree with you Brian but inexperienced and idiotic people are moore of a threat then anything. We tumble tufted rugs all the time. Even one's that are dried out, it gets rid of the dried out glue. Now I'm not an idiot so I know you have to be careful when cleaning or tumbling anything but we don't just tumble a dried out rug for four hours and then say oops! That would be detrimental to a dried out hand knotted rug too. Tumble dusters get moore dry particulate out then anything else I have ever used. Can it destroy a rug? yes!
Is it the fastest, no, but more thorough yes, can it ruin a rug? yes, so can a more duster. but, can an idiot with a TM on a concrete driveway ruin a rug yes! Can an idiot on a concrete driveway do an adequate job? Maybe!
Common sense is a lacking commodity in this world......but you already know that!
nough said:very_drunk:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Common sense is a lacking commodity in this world

it's the "stupid gene" Ron
advancements in trauma med and first responder speed to and from, along with airbags and "stupid proofing" every gizmo..stupid people don't die ..they recover and breed to pass on their "stupid genes"
It's corrupted natural selection like it works in the wild

stupid rabbit gets ate
stupid predator starves
stupid genes don't get passed on

not so with stupid humans

"here, hold my beer, watch this" type yawks now survive and breed
Passing on their stupid genes to their offspring, who in turn pass on more....'fore you know it, the whole damn country is full of stupid

I'm dead serious too

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
advancements in trauma med and first responder speed to and from, along with airbags and "stupid proofing" every gizmo..stupid people don't die ..they recover and breed to pass on their "stupid genes"

stupid rabbit gets ate
stupid predator starves

Passing on their stupid genes to their offspring, who in turn pass on more....'fore you know it, the whole damn country is full of stupid

I'm dead serious too

..L.T.A.
Stupit is as Stupit does.

steve_64

stupid rabbit gets ate
stupid predator starves

I'm dead serious too

..L.T.A.
All humans are idiots Larry.

We all do stupid stuff from time to time too.

Its the ones that all the others follow you need to be concerned about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom