Rinse me.

Mikey P

Administrator
I went for 3 years with out any rinse of any sort.

Les Jones set me up with a real basic chem feed system so I've been experimenting with the O2 rinse and Soap Free. I have to say I can not for the life of me tell one damn bit of cleaning difference with a rinse agent over just plain soft water. Not a cent worth.

Now that being said I had a super nice 2 to 3 million dollar apartment retro to do today with snow white wool Berber through out. They only wanted it spotted to deal with some Hispanic made damage. I ran the hoses up and in and started wanding with just MB's Soap Free running pretty weak. No prevac, no pre spray, nada.

Well damned if it didn't clean that wool up nice and perty :shock:

I and the owner had no idea it was as dirty as it was.

Don't know what to think really.,

Cant tell the diff when I vac, pre spray, scrub and rinse but if I pull a Hagopian it comes out just fine.

I know Soap Free ain't gonna leave a residue (it ain't going to clean a rat hole worth a damn either ) but it may be a easier way to deal with these fruufy jobs.

and all the while I had Kevin Price talking dirty to me on the phone.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
As soon as I finish off my Judson supply I am going back to Soapfree, I have found it to be the best overall residential product.

G

But will it work on whitey made damage as well as it does on Hispanic made damage? Whitey made damage gets pretty bad around here.

Mike Draper

Yesterday I went to give a bid on an home who was lived in by (fill in the blank). They were literally using a snow shovel to plow all the junk on the floor to one side of the room. Even if they got all the junk off the floor, I would have then needed a large shop vac to suck up all the large debris, then I would have gone through about 4-5 vac bags on a regular vacuum to pull up all the shit. Wish I had my camera! :shock: .60 a foot and doesn't include speed drying, I doubt they will call me back. Sorry about hijacking the thread.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Bill Soukoreff said:
Sodium Percarbonate and wool is not a great idea. :shock:

Les told me it's not sodium percarb. (Sodium borate?) Different stuff.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I had a French made mess, followed by some sloppy English real estate agent who had the audacity to call me to clean his home. And then, horror of horrors- a German. Who do they think I am? The United Nations?

THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!

Mikey P

Administrator
SoapFree – Miracle Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator
Saturday, 14 March 2009 19:17
SoapFree –Miracle Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

* SoapFree is safe and effective and contains no harsh chemicals or solvents making this the best choice for residential and commercial applications.

* No extra rinsing required—fast drying.

* Your customers will be completely satisfied.

* Carbonated, Odor-free, & Free Rinsing

Ready-to-Use pH: 9.9

Instructions: Test for colorfastness or color change on textiles in an inconspicuous area before using.
Truck Mounts: Mix 3 cups (1.5 pounds) in 5 gallons of water. Mix well and meter through system at 2 – 4 GPH.
Portables: Mix 2-4 scoops (2-4 ounces) in 5 gallons of water (hot water recommended).
Mist ‘N Brush & Bonnet Cleaning: Mix 4 scoops (4 ounces) in 5 gallons of water (hot water recommended).
Ready-to-Use Spotter: Mix 8 scoops (8 ounces) per gallon of water.

Formulated to meet or exceed all established standards of wool fiber producers and fifth generation stain resistant carpet manufacturers.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've used soapfree (rinse only) on a few jobs that weren't too bad, just to experiment, and I've been pretty impressed.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Mikey P said:
SoapFree – Miracle Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator
Saturday, 14 March 2009 19:17
SoapFree –Miracle Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

* SoapFree is safe and effective and contains no harsh chemicals or solvents making this the best choice for residential and commercial applications.

* No extra rinsing required—fast drying.

* Your customers will be completely satisfied.

* Carbonated, Odor-free, & Free Rinsing

Ready-to-Use pH: 9.9

Instructions: Test for colorfastness or color change on textiles in an inconspicuous area before using.
Truck Mounts: Mix 3 cups (1.5 pounds) in 5 gallons of water. Mix well and meter through system at 2 – 4 GPH.
Portables: Mix 2-4 scoops (2-4 ounces) in 5 gallons of water (hot water recommended).
Mist ‘N Brush & Bonnet Cleaning: Mix 4 scoops (4 ounces) in 5 gallons of water (hot water recommended).
Ready-to-Use Spotter: Mix 8 scoops (8 ounces) per gallon of water.

Formulated to meet or exceed all established standards of wool fiber producers and fifth generation stain resistant carpet manufacturers.

Yeah, I phoned them about that and their reply was: "oops, we got to change that, it NOT safe for wool and we do not recommend it for wool."

That was a few months ago and they still have not changed it.

Sodium per-carbonate will degrade wool over time. It should only be used in last case scenario to correct browning or treat mold.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
John La Rue said:
[quote="Bill Soukoreff":4di4qymk]Sodium Percarbonate and wool is not a great idea. :shock:

Les told me it's not sodium percarb. (Sodium borate?) Different stuff.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING![/quote:4di4qymk]

That is true with O2. I was referring to the Soapfree.

TimP

From what I tried of the Masterblend Soap Free, I like it. I plan on buying 2 buckets of it and will be using it as my rinse agent. I liked prochem heatwave too but masterblend is cheaper if I did my #'s right.

Greenie

SoapFree's strength is OLEFIN, for whatever reason it rocks.

pH test it though, I doubt it's 9.9pH

btw: I see a dilution contradiction, One "scoop" generally refers to a 2 oz. scoop, not a 1 oz. scoop, there is some confusion on the label. I could use half as much Judson rinse and get the same results.

TimP

Greenie said:

btw: I see a dilution contradiction, One "scoop" generally refers to a 2 oz. scoop, not a 1 oz. scoop, there is some confusion on the label. I could use half as much Judson rinse and get the same results.

I have used both and don't agree.

Scott Rogers

Different soil types, different cleaning styles, equal different results this is why there are multiple chems choices out there

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I rarely notice a difference when using a rinse.

I run an acid rinse(HM's Clear Water Rinse) for two reasons:

1. Smells perty and that's big in the percecption arena.
2. Keeps my qd's, solution line and jets squeaky clean.

About 10 ounces in my stock jug does the trick.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
TimP said:
Greenie said:

I have used both and don't agree.

I agree with Tim, I really wanted the O2 rinse to work for me, but it just doesn't have enough kick when you need it.

I don't see the confusion either, my scoop is 1 oz.

Mikey P

Administrator
The customer just called, same made vacuum the carpet this morning and ALL of the pile in now in the Kirby.

I'm fooked. :shock:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Some here might believe you Mike.

A few because they are naive....

Most because they just hope something bad happened to you :shock:

Greenie

On the Scoop thing, I am guessing MB puts a smaller scoop in the jug, when I say "scoop" I am referring to the standard 2oz. scoop EVERY OTHER Mfg. uses in their powders, if you open a jug of Prochem or CTI you will see a 2oz. scoop.

If you want cleaning Punch, then stick to your Alkaline rinse detergents, don't ask that same mission from a neutral rinse, it has other benefits besides cleaning punch.

TimP

The judson rinse does leave a nice soft feeling carpet and does dry slightly faster. I will give it that for sure. It's not a bad product at all. It's just not something in my business model right now. Although I have a whole unopened case of the rinse, I just haven't gotten around to using it. I prefer a bit more kick, which gives me peace of mind too. I absolutely love the O2 prespray though.

R

R W

Forget all that baloney, and go with Procyon.........

Still works for me.

Back
Top Bottom