Remote control....

Fred Homan

Many vehicles have remote start. Are there any units that have have remote for their TM's? It would sure save alot of steps....Surely SOMEONE has thought of this idea.....
Jim Martin?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you know how to manipulate a few relays you can remote just about anything 12 volt out there...............

take auto door locks for example....you push the remote and it sends a single to the main brain of the system and the brain send a single to a 12 volt normally open relay and closes it and that send the 12 volt over to the motor to lock or unlock your door......

Now just take that and instead of door locks apply it to a 12 volt starter on your machine and.......VALA...auto start....BUT.....make sure you have a relay that will release once the engine is turned over......

Like in my case it had to be set up with a timed relay for the "glow plug " (we will call it)...to warm up and then start the engine for me once the truck was in full alarm mode....but once it started it had to release the power from the starter or it would sit there and wind out the starter motor....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
jim homerun of an explanation, my delay is about 20 seconds on my powerstroke. i will bet trying to put it on my new to me truck.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
another thing...auto starts have 2 safety features built into them....

One is rpms and the other is time.....

most are programed to cut out if something happens and the rpm's shoot up past what ever the set point is....In my case it would kill the truck at 1000 rpms..but..I needed it to run up to at least 1200 to run the machine ..so it was re-taught to kill at anything above 1300....easy fix....

you cant re-teach the system time so it had to be tricked into thinking that there was a key in the truck once it hit the hour mark......this can be done with a relay or a cheat switch....

I was told that Hicks found a constant run system but I looked and could never find one...and the alarm guys I spoke with told me that they were not safe and no one had them ..so I don't know what he found....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the challenge with slide-ins is having to rev them up to speed. You would need a remote system like Radio Controlled car, so you could adjust throttle etc.
I was thinking most trucks just need a remote kill switch, so at the end of a job, you shut it down, then you can pack up the hoses or apply protectant without the truck running.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
for the throttle you would need a servo and if you have the time to do a little wiring and setup is really not hard to do.

Back
Top Bottom